Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014

Old 12-14-2012, 09:45 AM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Ben Orum leaves All Shall Perish; joins Oblivion

Quote:
I have given over 10 years of my blood, sweat, and tears to pursuing my dream which you all have helped fulfill. Being in All Shall Perish has been the best experience in my life, outside of being a father. While I am deeply saddened by my decision to leave the band it is necessary at this point in my life. As you know I have a family and obligation to provide for them and be here. Unfortunately, I could not fulfill my duty as a touring musician any longer.

While I am done with touring, I will never stop writing music. I am joining the extreme metal band OBLIVION as a bassist and contributing songwriter. OBLIVION's debut album will be released on January 1st, 2013. We are beyond excited to unleash it onto the metal world. I've always been into death metal and extreme music, this is my return to a more traditional style of Death Metal. What makes OBLIVION unique and sets us apart from the pack is the fact that our primary songwriter is a world-renown classical composer and professor of music, Dr. Nick Vasallo. His voice gives the music a subtle refinement with the craftsmanship of the compositions.

I've known Nick since high school and we were in our first band together-ANTAGONY. Nick went on to college and became a classical composer. I went on to a successful career as a touring musician/songwriter in ASP. Now, 10 years later we are working together again. It's a full circle. Nick has accepted an appointment as a tenure-track professor at a prestigious university and won't be able to juggle all the hats of singing, composing, and playing bass for OBLIVION. So that's where I come in--I'll be fulfilling his duties as a bassist.

We also have another Dr. in the making, our guitarist Victor Dods is finishing his PhD in Math. The other guitarist, Ted O'Neil, is a veteran from the original thrash scene in 80's, and our drummer, Luis Martinez, is a natural phenom. All of this plus me, makes us a huge force to be reckoned with. Stay tuned for the heaviest and darkest music out there. We are OBLIVION.

LISTEN TO AND PRE-ORDER THE NEW CD HERE:

http://obtainoblivion.bandcamp.com
http://obtainoblivion.com/
https://www.facebook.com/notes/ben-o...51303145977855
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 12-16-2012, 10:57 AM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

I also feel he didn't like the direction the band was headed style-wise. They're now down to one original member, and only 2 guys that have been around for more than the latest album. Not a good sign.

12/07: Slipknot/Korn (?)
12/13: Despised Icon (?)
Old 12-16-2012, 11:07 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post
I also feel he didn't like the direction the band was headed style-wise. They're now down to one original member, and only 2 guys that have been around for more than the latest album. Not a good sign.
Pretty close to the situation Chimaira are in. Rough times, touring life must really be hitting hard for some of these bands.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:38 AM
N00B

I listened to the couple song Oblivion has up and I'm liking what I'm hearing
Old 12-16-2012, 03:30 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Pretty close to the situation Chimaira are in. Rough times, touring life must really be hitting hard for some of these bands.
Fer sure. Surprised this isn't happening to more bands. I hope ASP stays strong, I love those guys.

12/07: Slipknot/Korn (?)
12/13: Despised Icon (?)
Old 12-16-2012, 03:41 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

ASP is still sick live and will be fine.