Warrior -- San Marcos, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Impaled -- Oakland, CA -- April 19th, 2014
Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014

Old 08-20-2012, 09:57 AM
N00B

Gojira -- Milwaukee, WI -- August 19th, 2012

Amazing show (no surprise). Gojira were supposed to play in Milwaukee with LOG and Dethklok, but we all know what happened with that. They played the Rave Bar, which is really small.

The first band was Everything Must Die. They were good. They were a slam/hardcore/thrash band, and the crowd was liking them. The singer/guitarist was awesome, you could tell he was really enjoying it and kept revving the crowd up for Gojira. I recognized the singer from this other awesome band, Lupara, who opened for Obituary last time they came to Milwaukee. So far this guy has a good record for awesome live bands.

Next up was Car Bomb. They put on a sick show. The also had really cool lights and stuff. They're not my kind of music, but the put on a hell of a show, and anyone who sees them is in for a treat, imo.

Gojira played last, and the crowd was pretty rabid for them. Everyone was going crazy, headbanging, jumping, etc. It was definitely on par with the last time I saw them. The band was loving being on stage. Joe interacted with the crowd a lot, asking who bought/stole their new album.

Space Time
The Heaviest Matter of the Universe
Backbone
Remembrance
Drum Solo**
Love**
L'enfant Sauvage
Toxic Garbage Island
Planned Obsolescence
Flying Whales
Clone
Wisdom Comes
Oroborus
---
Explosia

Explosia was supposed to finish the main set, and The Axe was on the setlist, but got cut.

**When the started playing Love, Jean-Michel ran off stage and went to puke for a few minutes. The rest of the band stayed on stage for a bit, Mario did a drum solo. During this time, Joe said that everyone needs to chant "Patrick! Patrick!" when Jean-Michel comes back. Everyone left the stage for a few minutes, and when they came back the crowd was chanting "Patrick! Patrick!" over and over. This continued throughout the night, replacing any Gojira chant. Even for the encore, everyone shouted "Patrick!" instead of Gojira. Amazing.

Anyways, probably the best show I've seen. Joe said they would be back around January/February.
5/16 - Slayer
6/15 - Eyehategod
Old 08-20-2012, 12:46 PM
Metalhead.

Funny, in NY on the second night they had The Axe as the encore on the setlist too, but they did the same thing and finished early and had the encore as Explosia instead.

Odd that they'd cut a song from their sets each night, unless they were running on time constraints at both venues or something like that.
25/4 Uncle Acid
26-27/4 Desertfest
28/4 Toxik
Old 08-20-2012, 01:53 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

I'm seeing them tonight. So stoked. Thanks for posting - I'm gonna cut & paste this onto my phone and see if they play the same set tonight. Hopefully we get The Axe as an encore.

Or maybe Vacuity?
Old 08-20-2012, 02:51 PM
How're yeh?

NYC day 1 had 13 songs, it just looks like they switched new songs for old songs:

Liquid Fire
Toxic Garbage Island
Backbone
Remembrance
Love
L'enfant Sauvage
Planned Obsolescence
Flying Whales
Heaviest Matter of the Universe
Orobouros
Explosia

The Axe
Clone

I think so far only NYC day 1 has gotten Liquid Fire, and maybe The Axe as well.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:41 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletchzer View Post
Funny, in NY on the second night they had The Axe as the encore on the setlist too, but they did the same thing and finished early and had the encore as Explosia instead.

Odd that they'd cut a song from their sets each night, unless they were running on time constraints at both venues or something like that.
I think there were time constraints last night. There were some monitor issues during soundcheck, and when Jean-Michel got sick, they were off stage for 5-10 minutes, enough to cut a song. Also, they didn't play the soft intro to Flying Whales, which idk if they did at the other shows.
5/16 - Slayer
6/15 - Eyehategod

Tags
gojira