Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 08-20-2012, 04:15 AM
In Search of Truth

White Wizzard -- Allentown, PA -- August 19th, 2012

In short, this was pretty rough. The venue this was held at was craptacular to say the least, and the whole night you could just sense the awkwardness in the air from the bands - particularly the bassist of White Wizzard. Nevertheless, every band put on a really great show, as short as all the sets were.

Widow:
Don't have a complete set, but I know they opened with Take Hold of the Night and also played Lady Twilight and An American Werewolf in Raleigh.

Icarus Witch:
01 Asylum Harbor (Intro)
02 Coming of the Storm
03 (We Are) The New Revolution
04 Rise
05 Tragedy
06 The End
07 Capture the Magic (Played on special request for me!)
08 Out For Blood

White Wizzard:
01 Torpedo of Truth
02 40 Deuces
03 Celestina
04 Out of Control
05 Iron Goddess of Vengeance
06 Starchild
07 High Speed GTO

Last edited by Maiden33; 08-20-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:55 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

What do you mean by awkwardness?
09/22 - RA/TA/Radkey ?
09/23 - Crowbar
Old 08-20-2012, 10:09 AM
Give Me A Dollar or Give Me Fifty Cents!

I was gonna go to this show but have heard from others that Jimmy's is a serious shithole. So I skipped it last night and instead will attend the show at Mojo13 in Wilmington, DE tonight. Both clubs are equal distance from my house. And I've been to Mojo13 and it's a really cool little venue.
The Dream Syndicate - 11/15
Steve Hackett - 11/20
Steve Hackett - 11/22
Old 08-20-2012, 10:37 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
What do you mean by awkwardness?
When White Wizzard came on there were about 40 people there... half of which didn't know any of their songs... mostly just members of the local bands sticking around out of a sense of obligation or a need to kiss ass. You could kind of tell that some of the guys just didn't even want to play the set, they would've been happier just cancelling, taking the loss, and leaving. To some extent I'm not sure I can blame them - sucks that this had to follow what was apparently the best show of the tour - New York City.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:39 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman View Post
I was gonna go to this show but have heard from others that Jimmy's is a serious shithole. So I skipped it last night and instead will attend the show at Mojo13 in Wilmington, DE tonight. Both clubs are equal distance from my house. And I've been to Mojo13 and it's a really cool little venue.
Unfortunately there just isn't shit for venues in the Allentown area. The one place that would've booked a show like this that actually mics the instruments, has a really elevated stage and okay sound and atmosphere closed about 2 years back. There's another club that books national acts, but they wouldn't even think about booking a tour like this. Sadly Jimmy's is about it in the area, and it sucks. There is no scene at all in this area. Even in the eight years I've been in a band I've seen it go from the lower side of mediocre to total oblivion.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:35 AM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
When White Wizzard came on there were about 40 people there... half of which didn't know any of their songs... mostly just members of the local bands sticking around out of a sense of obligation or a need to kiss ass. You could kind of tell that some of the guys just didn't even want to play the set, they would've been happier just cancelling, taking the loss, and leaving. To some extent I'm not sure I can blame them - sucks that this had to follow what was apparently the best show of the tour - New York City.
Damn, that's too bad. Is that why they only played 7 songs?

In Toronto they probably only had 60-70 people, but there were quite a few people up front who knew every lyric, and the band seemed to enjoy it.
10/18 - King Diamond
Old 08-20-2012, 11:37 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Ah man, that really sucks. We had about that number of people too, but at least everyone knew the songs.
09/22 - RA/TA/Radkey ?
09/23 - Crowbar

Tags
icarus witch, mindmaze, white wizzard, widow