Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Raven -- West Hollywood, CA -- October 20th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014
Sammy Hagar -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 18th, 2014
Tony MacAlpine -- Vienna, VA -- October 19th, 2014

  #4461  
Old 08-22-2014, 07:17 PM
christopher's Avatar
christopher christopher is offline
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Dimas, CA
Posts: 5,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
According to their website, they haven't had a show since April.
Check out their Facebook, it says they had a show on Aug 3rd.
__________________
Who needs a god when you've got Big Macs?
Reply With Quote
  #4462  
Old 08-22-2014, 08:22 PM
OraclesofAgony's Avatar
OraclesofAgony OraclesofAgony is offline
Born Again In Blasphemy
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Posts: 2,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
Fuck the Observatory. Everything about that venue is shitty. I'll avoid going there as much as I can. I hope more shows happen at the Echoplex.
Glad to see I'm not the only one that has problems with the place.
__________________
10/17 Mastodon/Gojira
Reply With Quote
  #4463  
Old 08-22-2014, 08:25 PM
Sepultura69's Avatar
Sepultura69 Sepultura69 is offline
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Planet Caravan
Posts: 3,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
Fuck the Observatory. Everything about that venue is shitty. I'll avoid going there as much as I can..
Why do you hate the venue so much?
__________________
8/31 - Sleep
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer
Reply With Quote
  #4464  
Old 08-22-2014, 09:46 PM
christopher's Avatar
christopher christopher is offline
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Dimas, CA
Posts: 5,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
Why do you hate the venue so much?
The security there are fucking shitheads. One almost threw me down the stairs at the last show I went to because I was supposedly walking on the wrong side of the pillar to get out even though the other side was crammed with people. I hate how they cut off all but one aisle in the parking lot and make you pay $10 to park. I hate how much drinks cost and that you have to pay for water. I hate how terrible the sound is there. It's also far from me.
__________________
Who needs a god when you've got Big Macs?
Reply With Quote
  #4465  
Old 08-23-2014, 01:22 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is online now
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
Check out their Facebook, it says they had a show on Aug 3rd.
OK cool, but judging by the frequency, I won't get my hopes up
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

29/10 Saint Vitus
10/11 Trouble
13/11 Judas Priest
Reply With Quote
  #4466  
Old 08-23-2014, 05:33 AM
treghet's Avatar
treghet treghet is offline
Altars of Radness
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
Why do you hate the venue so much?
I live close to it as well and I hate it. I miss when it was The Galaxy. The new sound system has way too much bass and drowns out everything else in the mix. As Chris mentioned, the parking situation is fucked now. When it was The Galaxy you could always park right in front without paying. Every show I've been to since it has changed management has been ridiculously packed because they double book shows with the Constellation Room.

For the Cannibal Corpse tour last year I showed up early with the intention of catching Immolation's set (the main band I was there to see), only to find that the show had started an hour and 20 minutes before the time on the ticket, their website, and what their box office said. As Immolation was playing I had to wait in line for 10 minutes just to park, then walked to the venue to wait in line for another 20 minutes to get inside. Keep in mind that the show had been going for a couple hours already and I still had to wait in line. Luckily I didn't have a ticket on will call because that line was twice as long. By the time I finally got inside Immolation had finished their set, so I didn't really enjoy the rest of the show.
__________________
10.23 Raven
Reply With Quote
  #4467  
Old 08-23-2014, 10:36 AM
Onioner Onioner is offline
One who onions things
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Everywhere, CA
Posts: 2,067
Spending a lovely Saturday repping my company at a small tradeshow. Currently dying of boredom.
__________________
Skeletonwitch/Ghoul - 9/23
Saviours/Hazzard's Cure - 9/28
Raven - 10/20
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16
Reply With Quote
  #4468  
Old 08-23-2014, 11:39 AM
Sepultura69's Avatar
Sepultura69 Sepultura69 is offline
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Planet Caravan
Posts: 3,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
The security there are fucking shitheads. One almost threw me down the stairs at the last show I went to because I was supposedly walking on the wrong side of the pillar to get out even though the other side was crammed with people. I hate how they cut off all but one aisle in the parking lot and make you pay $10 to park. I hate how much drinks cost and that you have to pay for water. I hate how terrible the sound is there. It's also far from me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
I live close to it as well and I hate it. I miss when it was The Galaxy. The new sound system has way too much bass and drowns out everything else in the mix. As Chris mentioned, the parking situation is fucked now. When it was The Galaxy you could always park right in front without paying. Every show I've been to since it has changed management has been ridiculously packed because they double book shows with the Constellation Room.

For the Cannibal Corpse tour last year I showed up early with the intention of catching Immolation's set (the main band I was there to see), only to find that the show had started an hour and 20 minutes before the time on the ticket, their website, and what their box office said. As Immolation was playing I had to wait in line for 10 minutes just to park, then walked to the venue to wait in line for another 20 minutes to get inside. Keep in mind that the show had been going for a couple hours already and I still had to wait in line. Luckily I didn't have a ticket on will call because that line was twice as long. By the time I finally got inside Immolation had finished their set, so I didn't really enjoy the rest of the show.
Fair enough. Well, I'm sorry to hear that.
__________________
8/31 - Sleep
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer
Reply With Quote
  #4469  
Old 08-23-2014, 10:42 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 22,023
Blog Entries: 19
Thinking about writing an essay on pop punk for the website I work for.
__________________
10/21 - Judas Priest
10/22 - Mastodong
10/23 - The Atlas Moth
10/27 - DJ Qbert
10/29 - Real Friends
Reply With Quote
  #4470  
Old 08-23-2014, 11:39 PM
dcmetal108's Avatar
dcmetal108 dcmetal108 is offline
Some People Call Me The White Devil
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,677
Was out with my girlfriend when she got the call that her daughter was sick so I spent the last few hours with her and my stepdaughter (for the most part) in the ER.
__________________
www.apocalypticdemise.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:26 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008