Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Fit For A King -- Detroit, MI -- October 21st, 2014
Judas Priest -- Kansas City, MO -- October 20th, 2014
Raven -- West Hollywood, CA -- October 20th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014

  #4351  
Old 08-05-2014, 12:37 PM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by moobys37 View Post
Nobody here cares enough to make a thread about it but In The Woods... is back together!
I care. Omino and Heart of Ages were great! Strange in Stereo...had its moments.
__________________
10/24 - Pallbearer
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
03/07 - Video Games Live
Reply With Quote
  #4352  
Old 08-06-2014, 12:23 PM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is offline
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,889
Tuesday will easily be one of my strangest interviews ever.

I am interviewing Boris when they come to town and I actually need a Japanese interpreter to do the interview. I thought that Atsuo knew enough English to do an interview, but I guess that's not the case.

But thanks to a couple friends of mine, I found someone who will do it for some free beer at the show. so I'm definitely looking forward to it.

SubRosa said they are also up for an interview. So it's Win-FUCKING-Win!
__________________
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
http://www.thatdrummerguy.com
Reply With Quote
  #4353  
Old 08-06-2014, 12:44 PM
moobys37's Avatar
moobys37 moobys37 is offline
All of my life, I've been waiting for you...
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York City, New York
Posts: 1,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
I care. Omino and Heart of Ages were great! Strange in Stereo...had its moments.
Seriously! I'll always consider In The Woods... to be the most unintentionally influential bands for a majority of modern black metal today. Bands have been doing what those two records did 20 years ago and don't even realize it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
SubRosa said they are also up for an interview. So it's Win-FUCKING-Win!
Literally the best band in the world right now.
__________________
Ben Frost: 10/18
Moon Duo: 10/24
Slowdive: 10/25
Pallbearer: 10/28
Emma Ruth Rundle: 11/4
Gazelle Twin: 11/17
Puce Mary: 12/11
Reply With Quote
  #4354  
Old 08-06-2014, 04:57 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 22,032
Blog Entries: 19
Twitch.TV just shit the bed BIG TIME

Hope they're ready to lose a ton of users.
__________________
10/21 - Judas Priest
10/22 - Mastodong
10/23 - The Atlas Moth
10/27 - DJ Qbert
10/29 - Real Friends
Reply With Quote
  #4355  
Old 08-06-2014, 05:09 PM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is offline
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Twitch.TV just shit the bed BIG TIME

Hope they're ready to lose a ton of users.
What happened?
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
  #4356  
Old 08-06-2014, 05:15 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 22,032
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
What happened?
They're implementing the same ContentID system that YouTube has (and has been proven to be one of the biggest pieces of shit ever) so that any VOD's that contain copyrighted material (not just music, but even SOUND EFFECTS) will get muted in 30-minute chunks around the infringing parts.

It's so laughably horrible that already, Twicth's own weekly podcast is muted and Valve's official stream of The International containing music/SFX from DOTA 2, you know...a game made by VALVE, are getting muted. It's a huge shit show and there's a mass exodus to www.hitbox.tv right now.

Like, some people are like "WELL IT'S ONLY VOD'S! STREAMERS ARE OKAY" but that basically puts a death knell on any speedrun VOD's. Also, who's to say copyright holders won't abuse the system like how they have again and again on Youtube?
__________________
10/21 - Judas Priest
10/22 - Mastodong
10/23 - The Atlas Moth
10/27 - DJ Qbert
10/29 - Real Friends
Reply With Quote
  #4357  
Old 08-06-2014, 06:46 PM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
They're implementing the same ContentID system that YouTube has (and has been proven to be one of the biggest pieces of shit ever) so that any VOD's that contain copyrighted material (not just music, but even SOUND EFFECTS) will get muted in 30-minute chunks around the infringing parts.

It's so laughably horrible that already, Twicth's own weekly podcast is muted and Valve's official stream of The International containing music/SFX from DOTA 2, you know...a game made by VALVE, are getting muted. It's a huge shit show and there's a mass exodus to www.hitbox.tv right now.

Like, some people are like "WELL IT'S ONLY VOD'S! STREAMERS ARE OKAY" but that basically puts a death knell on any speedrun VOD's. Also, who's to say copyright houlders won't abuse the system like how they have again and again on Youtube?
Wow, I am old. I have no idea what any of that means.
__________________
10/24 - Pallbearer
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
03/07 - Video Games Live
Reply With Quote
  #4358  
Old 08-06-2014, 07:05 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 22,032
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
Wow, I am old. I have no idea what any of that means.
ain't never too late to learn <3
__________________
10/21 - Judas Priest
10/22 - Mastodong
10/23 - The Atlas Moth
10/27 - DJ Qbert
10/29 - Real Friends
Reply With Quote
  #4359  
Old 08-06-2014, 07:19 PM
RAZOR's Avatar
RAZOR RAZOR is offline
beware of the quiet one
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,118
My boyfriend and I decided we're gonna attempt to brew our own beer soon.
__________________
10/19 - King Diamond
10/28 - Pentagram
11/03 - Weedeater
12/27 - Clutch
12/28 - Clutch
Reply With Quote
  #4360  
Old 08-06-2014, 08:15 PM
Travis The Dragon's Avatar
Travis The Dragon Travis The Dragon is offline
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota, USA
Posts: 2,593
__________________
Website Designer and Product Promotions for LightUpFun.com
My concerts, future and past: fonzbear2000.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:02 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008