Mastodon -- Newcastle, England -- November 25th, 2014
Exodus -- West Springfield, VA -- November 25th, 2014
Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014

Old 06-26-2014, 10:40 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapguitarer View Post
That sounds awful you twisted fuck. That is beyond stupid.
How am I a twisted fuck? I've seen people get their face smashed in at August Burns Red and no one blinked an eye. Or knocked out during Behemoth and Carcass, no one cared.

Yet somehow getting your nose broke during a beatdown hardcore band is bad. No one got killed, or crippled, or stabbed, or shot, and hurt beyond belief. No one got hurt that wasn't in the pit for the most part.

Shit happens at a show. You know what is going to happen and what could happen. Clearly it's not some twisted fucked up thing if not only the bands kept going but also the venue that had security watching and making sure no one got too hurt didn't shut the show down.

Maybe people should stick to shows where everyone stands still then.

ALSO literally maybe 3 people that got hurt left the show and didn't come back. People that were getting hit in the face and bleeding stayed and not only kept watching the bands but continued to mosh.

Clearly the people saying I'm a twisted fuck or something hasn't gone to see bands like Downpresser, Xibalba or even Acacia Strain who are known for having pits where you'll get the shit beat out of you.

It's not for everyone but to condemn and calling it fucking sick is just stupid.

Last edited by dcmetal108; 06-26-2014 at 10:45 PM.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:45 PM
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
I like to go to shows to listen and absorb the music, not to have chunks torn out of my shoulder.

But that's just me.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:55 PM
That Guy

I'm always going to be of the mindset of, its the music that matters most. Which is why I hate RATM because Zach says the politics comes before the music. I can't get behind that. It's why I can listen to bands like Demon Hunter, and bands like Mayhem. If I like the music, then I like it. People should be smart enough to know that mosh pits will have the people who know how to mosh, the asshole pit ninjas, and the dumbass kids who think moshing is fighting. Since all 3 can not coexist in blissful harmony, people who go to shows that have moshing should know the possible outcomes to happen. And if they are ok with it, then who is anyone to judge?
Old 06-26-2014, 11:08 PM
THIS IS LHHC!

Quote:
My friend got his nose broke at a hardcore show tonight and about 20 other people got their noses broke as well. By the headliner the majority of the people in the venue including me were hurt. Great as time.
I'm really pissed I missed the show, but hearing this kinda make it alright, I guess. I would've had to go straight to work after the show and with the way it went it doesn't sound like that would be possible.

Crowd killers and hate moshers are fucking stupid. Do your fucking bullshit without ruining it for everyone else.
12/13 Acheron ?
12/17 Cannabis Corpse ?
12/19 Wretched ?
12/26 Macabre ?
Old 06-26-2014, 11:16 PM
Metal Setlists Elitist Committee

Quote:
How am I a twisted fuck? I've seen people get their face smashed in at August Burns Red and no one blinked an eye. Or knocked out during Behemoth and Carcass, no one cared.

Yet somehow getting your nose broke during a beatdown hardcore band is bad. No one got killed, or crippled, or stabbed, or shot, and hurt beyond belief. No one got hurt that wasn't in the pit for the most part.

Shit happens at a show. You know what is going to happen and what could happen. Clearly it's not some twisted fucked up thing if not only the bands kept going but also the venue that had security watching and making sure no one got too hurt didn't shut the show down.

ALSO literally maybe 3 people that got hurt left the show and didn't come back. People that were getting hit in the face and bleeding stayed and not only kept watching the bands but continued to mosh.

Clearly the people saying I'm a twisted fuck or something hasn't gone to see bands like Downpresser, Xibalba or even Acacia Strain who are known for having pits where you'll get the shit beat out of you.

It's not for everyone but to condemn and calling it fucking sick is just stupid.
My post was somewhat hyperbolic but it's still dumb. I don't care about push moshing and stuff but I think hate moshing or whatever is fucking moronic. I've been in plenty of hardcore crowds and have never heard of multiple people breaking their nose or something like that. I'll admit I felt weird when I was at meshuggah and there was no shoving, so I'm down with some crowd action here and there, but I'd be livid if i went to a show and and some asshole broke my nose or something because that's how he feels the music. It's childish and selfish. You shouldn't leave a show needing medical attention.
12/20 Cormorant/Wildhunt
1/2 Pity Sex/Whirr
Old 06-26-2014, 11:23 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapguitarer View Post
My post was somewhat hyperbolic but it's still dumb. I don't care about push moshing and stuff but I think hate moshing or whatever is fucking moronic. I've been in plenty of hardcore crowds and have never heard of multiple people breaking their nose or something like that. I'll admit I felt weird when I was at meshuggah and there was no shoving, so I'm down with some crowd action here and there, but I'd be livid if i went to a show and and some asshole broke my nose or something because that's how he feels the music. It's childish and selfish. You shouldn't leave a show needing medical attention.
I'm sure there's a few innocent victims here and there, but I'm sure most if not all of the people who received broken noses at the show dcmetal attended were probably in the pit and knew what they were in for.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:35 PM
Metal Setlists Elitist Committee

Even so, the fact that it's gotten that bad is ridiculous. You're going to a concert to see your favorite bands and are surrounded by a bunch of people who hate a common interest. Why should that devolve to "I'm gonna dome punch that dude"? Bands that condone it are ridiculous too. Why encourage your fans to hurt each other?
12/20 Cormorant/Wildhunt
1/2 Pity Sex/Whirr
Old 06-26-2014, 11:43 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Just looked up hate moshing. Fuck that, utter asshole behavior. Far as moshing etc. goes, I love it myself, and as long as the people who aren't into it are left alone, bar a few bumps if they're on the edge of it, I see no harm. Let the people who are willingly involved get hurt and continue, you can't tell them how to enjoy a show if it doesn't really effect you.

At a hardcore show, the violence is part of it in certain corners. Never seen a hardcore show here with enough of a crowd to garner the kind of results dc is talkin' about, but it comes with the territory. As I say, the line is as long as the people who are getting hurt volunteered for the pit.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:18 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Also anyone that got their nose broke or hit in the face wasn't a direct punch to the face on purpose. It was from being around someone throwing down and crowdkilling.

Also I support throwing down, two stepping, diving, slamming, etc. I DO NOT support crowdkilling. I fucking hate that shit.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:44 AM
...the dead are among us!

Quote:
How am I a twisted fuck?
I would say the fact that your description of the show only went into detail of the injuries of crowd members and then saying it was awesome would make you a twisted fuck. Did you say that the show was awesome because the bands sounded great or they played songs you wanted to hear or there was an amazing performance by whoever in the band? Nope. You just said a ton of people got hurt and that means it was an awesome show.

I understand that moshing and whatnot is part of a hardcore show, but it's not the whole fucking show.