High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014
Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 08-31-2012, 03:49 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

So today at Walmart was funny as hell.

Apparently two days they started doing inventory and yesterday the Reginal Manager and Corporate came in, shut down their inventory and fired everyone that was doing it at the time.

I guess they fucked up tons of numbers and did almost everything wrong.

I heard corporate told all my stores manager that this is by far one of the worst run stores they've ever seen. I hope almost all my managers get fired.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:15 PM
I'm reaching out for something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
My Inorganic Chem course last year turned out to be a quantum mechanics course taught by a one-eyed Jamaican stoner who was obsessed with lasers. Probably the only time I've ever been kind of satisfied with earning a D+.
Da fuck lasers? Never talked about that in my quantum course. Interesting sounding instructor though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
So today at Walmart was funny as hell.

Apparently two days they started doing inventory and yesterday the Reginal Manager and Corporate came in, shut down their inventory and fired everyone that was doing it at the time.

I guess they fucked up tons of numbers and did almost everything wrong.

I heard corporate told all my stores manager that this is by far one of the worst run stores they've ever seen. I hope almost all my managers get fired.
Fuck that, sounds like you work at a horrible place from this post and previous posts. I thought about working at Wal-Mart after I watched Penn and Teller episode said starting wage was like $10+ but I think that's wrong.
Tough Mudder-10/26
Real Friends/Neck Deep?-11/7
Old 08-31-2012, 04:32 PM
"I call it torture you call it life. A slave to money and everything I despise"

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
Huh not at my school both Inorganic courses are separate and dont have lab. Maybe you're thinking Organic Chemistry? That has a lab. That's what I'm working on is a Chem minor btw. What major are you?
I'm a bio major, focusing on ecology, but still not really sure what I want to do. I already took organic and got a b and a c+ in tge two semesters, so happy to be done! But yeah inorganic has labs at my school, and all the chem majors are in the science building ALL the time.
9/20 Doom
9/27 GBH
10/21 Dead Congregation
10/26 Pallbearer
Old 08-31-2012, 04:33 PM
That Guy

So yeah.....possible interview with The Atomic Clock Gene Hoglan next week.....
Old 08-31-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Da fuck lasers? Never talked about that in my quantum course. Interesting sounding instructor though.

Fuck that, sounds like you work at a horrible place from this post and previous posts. I thought about working at Wal-Mart after I watched Penn and Teller episode said starting wage was like $10+ but I think that's wrong.
um yes that is bullshit. I make minimum wage which is $8.25 for hard labor that I do usually by myself. I do the work of 3 people for no respect, no recognition, and the least amount of money they can give me.

If the store was like most walmarts ive been to the job wouldn't be bad as it would be run good. Instead I work at a place where the high managers are assholes and have no respect for anyone below them and cart guys in their eyes are the lowest of the low and the store manager whenever he is there sits around and texts and talks on the phone and since hes black all managers in all postions are black so for me to go anywhere else is out of the question.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:13 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Instead I work at a place where the high managers are assholes and have no respect for anyone below them and cart guys in their eyes are the lowest of the low and the store manager whenever he is there sits around and texts and talks on the phone and since hes black all managers in all postions are black so for me to go anywhere else is out of the question.
That's quite a sentence.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:14 PM
I'm reaching out for something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by energymetal14 View Post
I'm a bio major, focusing on ecology, but still not really sure what I want to do. I already took organic and got a b and a c+ in tge two semesters, so happy to be done! But yeah inorganic has labs at my school, and all the chem majors are in the science building ALL the time.
Oh damn bio is tough for me, too much memorizing. Lab for inorganic interesting, my instructor was saying he wished they had it at my school. Funny thing my Chemical Sciences Building(Chem Department) is open 24 and them chem peeps sleep, eat, and yeah pretty much live there. haha Good place to study for finals though cuz the libraries become fucking zoos during finals week.

Quote:
um yes that is bullshit. I make minimum wage which is $8.25 for hard labor that I do usually by myself. I do the work of 3 people for no respect, no recognition, and the least amount of money they can give me.

If the store was like most walmarts ive been to the job wouldn't be bad as it would be run good. Instead I work at a place where the high managers are assholes and have no respect for anyone below them and cart guys in their eyes are the lowest of the low and the store manager whenever he is there sits around and texts and talks on the phone and since hes black all managers in all postions are black so for me to go anywhere else is out of the question.
Dayuuum I would've quit withing like a month. Just wondering are you allowed to accept tips? When I worked at Home Depot supposedly I could get fired but what higher up peeps dont know wont kill em.
Tough Mudder-10/26
Real Friends/Neck Deep?-11/7
Old 08-31-2012, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Oh damn bio is tough for me, too much memorizing. Lab for inorganic interesting, my instructor was saying he wished they had it at my school. Funny thing my Chemical Sciences Building(Chem Department) is open 24 and them chem peeps sleep, eat, and yeah pretty much live there. haha Good place to study for finals though cuz the libraries become fucking zoos during finals week.

Dayuuum I would've quit withing like a month. Just wondering are you allowed to accept tips? When I worked at Home Depot supposedly I could get fired but what higher up peeps dont know wont kill em.
Yea we are told that taking a tip can get us fired. Usually when I am offered one they are right below a camera or something so I politely tell them I can't.

One time I took a 10 dollar tip and they never found out and if its like a 5 or something that someone is offering usually when I tell them I cant take it they will slip me it or something where the camera cant see it.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:23 PM
THIS IS LHHC!

Quote:
I do the work of 3 people for no respect, no recognition, and the least amount of money they can give me.
Me too, man. It sucks.

So, I joined RateYourMusic earlier this week and it's like a music nerd's nirvana...or a person with OCD's nirvana. I can't tell yet.
9/6 Weekend Nachos
9/12 Sete Star Sept
9/19 Despise You
9/20 Revocation
Old 08-31-2012, 06:03 PM

Playing Rock Band Blitz. It's fun but kills your fingers.