Celestina
Out Of Control
Starchild
Flying Tigers
Iron Goddess Of Vengeance
Fall Of Atlantis
Over The Top
High Speed GTO

I actually don't remember them playing Fall of Atlantis, but the rest of the set was the same, so I'd say it's a safe bet that they did.

--------------------------------

This was an awesome show! I may be in the minority, but I was excited that Widow cancelled because it meant Borealis joined the lineup. This was my 5th time seeing them (and I've still only seen them headline once) and it was a great performance. I have no complaints about the song choices from Fall From Grace, but I was hoping for some songs from World of Silence. I talked to Jamie (bass) after the show and he said they're hoping to do a headlining show where they'll play some of that stuff too! I was actually surprised to see a couple of people who knew the lyrics to every song, but it was pretty epic to see, because they are getting quite a bit more popular it seems.

Icarus Witch went on a bit early and actually played a pretty good set. I didn't know what to expect, but it was just fun heavy metal, with some rock parts. They had some of the best dual harmonies of the night, and both guitar players were really impressive. The singer was also the happiest guy I've ever seen, almost to the point of being funny. I wouldn't mind buying some of their stuff, but I'm trying to limit myself on CDs right now.

White Wizzard also went on early, and they killed it! The setlist was great! They played tons of stuff from the first (and much better) full-length, including my favourite, Iron Goddess of Vengeance. The guitar player on the left (not sure of his name) was unbelievably good. The new singer also sounded great to my ears. I'm a huge fan of Wyatt Anderson, but this singer did an impressive job. And then there's Jon Leon. This guy is such an incredible bass player. He's like the long lost son of Steve Harris. I've never heard a bass player cut through the sound so perfectly live. I can't say enough about his playing, so don't miss White Wizzard if they come through town

Last edited by Spiner202; 08-17-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:10 AM
In Search of Truth

Pretty lame setlist from Icarus Witch... really hoping for at least one or two songs from Capture the Magic (particularly the title track) when I see them on Sunday. Would love to see Borealis again too, but oh well. My own band is actually opening this show here in Allentown.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:24 AM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
Pretty lame setlist from Icarus Witch... really hoping for at least one or two songs from Capture the Magic (particularly the title track) when I see them on Sunday. Would love to see Borealis again too, but oh well. My own band is actually opening this show here in Allentown.
I also forgot in the Icarus Witch set that they played "Out For Blood". I'll add that to the first post. Also, Borealis is trying to get out touring. I'm not sure if they actually have something planned, but I know they are trying.

What is your band? If it sounds like the other bands on the bill, I would probably like it!
Old 08-18-2012, 06:11 AM
In Search of Truth

My band's name is MindMaze - we're a Traditional Metal band with some Prog/Power metal influences. Based out of Allentown, PA (the metal armpit of the world if you ask me), and we're working on our full-length debut album "Mask of Lies", currently due in December of this year. You can check out an advance track here:

http://www.reverbnation.com/mindmazeband

The track isn't 100% finished, but it's definitely in the general vicinity that the final mix will be. The album's gonna actually have a lot of diversity. Everything from songs like this to an 11 and a half minute Prog Metal epic, to more Power/Speed metal stuff, to more melodic/80's-influenced stuff, to a Rush-influenced instrumental track.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:13 PM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
My band's name is MindMaze - we're a Traditional Metal band with some Prog/Power metal influences. Based out of Allentown, PA (the metal armpit of the world if you ask me), and we're working on our full-length debut album "Mask of Lies", currently due in December of this year. You can check out an advance track here:

http://www.reverbnation.com/mindmazeband

The track isn't 100% finished, but it's definitely in the general vicinity that the final mix will be. The album's gonna actually have a lot of diversity. Everything from songs like this to an 11 and a half minute Prog Metal epic, to more Power/Speed metal stuff, to more melodic/80's-influenced stuff, to a Rush-influenced instrumental track.
"Never Look Back" was epicly awesome! Looking forward to the full-length!
Old 08-31-2012, 05:49 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiner202 View Post

The guitar player on the left (not sure of his name) was unbelievably good.
His name's Jake Dreyer and he's an AMAZING guitarist from LA. He put out an amazing instrumental EP called In the Shadows of Madness that is totally facemelting!

Check him out: http://jakedreyer.com/

http://www.facebook.com/thegreatsouthernbrainfart

Tags
borealis, icarus witch, white wizzard