Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

Old 08-08-2012, 06:58 PM
It's fun to take a trip. Put acid in your veins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Calling Hatebreed a white power band is easily one of the most ignorant things i've ever read from a misinformed critic.
I dunno, all the people who were active for Hatebreed when I saw them were white dudes with shaved heads, tattoos, and cargo pants. Obviously they were white-pride.

This is one of the most ignorant statements I've seen, though unfortunately, since the media knows next to nothing about distorted guitar music, this doesn't surprise me.
10/28 - Mike Watt
10/29 - Melvins
11/7 - 7 Seconds
Old 08-09-2012, 12:10 AM
Director, Set List Intelligence

From the link: "A previous version of this commentary incorrectly included the band Hatebreed in a list of white power bands. Hatebreed is a self-described "hardcore metal" band. CNN regrets the error." At least CNN put an apology on the article. They should add one more: masking an ADL press release (however well intended the message might be) as a special news article. With this quality of journalism, no wonder CNN ratings are so bad.

I like this user comment the best: "As a music reviewer (and most definitely NOT a neo-nazi, skinhead, or racist) calling Hatebreed a racism-fueled group is absolutely ridiculous. A mere, tiny, apology at the end of the story isn't enough to undo the damage that CNN has dealt to a band that has painstakingly tried to thwart race hatred throughout its career. On top of that, I don't even LIKE Hatebreed. "
Old 08-09-2012, 02:53 AM
MetalSetLists's Smartest Man

The apology is REALLY half-assed. By saying "incorrectly included" they are barely admitting the fact that they put them in there with no research. Say that CNN; say we included this band without doing research beforehand.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:14 AM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Hardly surprising. We're talking about a news agency that didn't even bother confirming a supreme court ruling before reporting on it.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:44 AM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfitegrdan View Post
I wonder where they even got the idea that Hatebreed was white power or whatever.

After a bit of googling...apparently they've been getting lumped in with that category for years.
They've seemingly always been unfairly lumped into that category w/ those scumbag bands. Truly unfortunate. If these ignorant morons would take 5 minutes, seriously, that's all it would take, they would see that Hatebreed is about as UN-white supremecist as you can get.

Also in these 5 minutes, said morons could learn that the name itself has nothing to do w/ hatred for a race, it is something that Jamey Jasta considers himself, being a product of rape. Good to see the idiots finally took the 5 minutes.

11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm (?)
11/25-Slayer (?)
Old 08-09-2012, 04:33 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post
They've seemingly always been unfairly lumped into that category w/ those scumbag bands. Truly unfortunate. If these ignorant morons would take 5 minutes, seriously, that's all it would take, they would see that Hatebreed is about as UN-white supremecist as you can get.

Also in these 5 minutes, said morons could learn that the name itself has nothing to do w/ hatred for a race, it is something that Jamey Jasta considers himself, being a product of rape. Good to see the idiots finally took the 5 minutes.
I never knew that last part about Jamey! Fuck!
Old 08-09-2012, 04:54 AM
N00B

I remember back in the day when Limewire was the cool thing Smash Your Enemies was labeled as Kill the N******. I was shocked to say the least because I never thought they had any kinda of racial hatred in their lyrics. I looked it up and found it was some 10 year old retard from the bible belt or something who thought he was being funny. Or it was CNN
Old 08-09-2012, 05:22 AM
Director, Set List Intelligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by imanidiot777 View Post
What's even worse is, the author, Lonnie Nasatir, is actually DIRECTOR of the Anti-Defamation League. Wow.
From what I've read, Lonnie Nasatir oversees a six state region of the ADL in the Midwest. Abraham Foxman is the national director of the ADL.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:35 AM
MetalSetLists's Smartest Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_turkey_ed View Post
From what I've read, Lonnie Nasatir oversees a six state region of the ADL in the Midwest. Abraham Foxman is the national director of the ADL.
A quick search of the Wikipedia page of the Anti-Defamation League turns up some interesting information, including this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-de...efamation_suit
Old 08-09-2012, 06:56 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post
it is something that Jamey Jasta considers himself, being a product of rape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
I never knew that last part about Jamey! Fuck!
Dude, that's just the lyrics to Conceived Through An Act of Violence; Jamey was never singing about himself (he's said it before in interviews, idk if I can find the source right now).

Honestly, this whole article is just like, who cares? The mistake was corrected so quickly, whatever.