Gojira -- Providence, RI -- October 30th, 2014
Slipknot -- El Paso, TX -- October 29th, 2014
Saint Vitus -- London, England -- October 29th, 2014
King Diamond -- Seattle, WA -- October 28th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

(the) Melvins -- San Francisco, CA -- July 20th, 2012

I showed up at Slim's just as doors opened, and got a spot up front despite being at the back of the line. Whilst waiting for openers Hepa/Titus to begin their set, I struck up a conversation with a photographer with whom I spent much of the evening talking with. Hepa/Titus began their set right on time, and played for about forty-five minutes. I didn't like them much; though they had a dozen or so good (though incredibly similar) doom and sludge riffs in their songs, the music overall sounded disorganized, like they were playing their material for the first time live. Their vocals were terrible, too; only during the last song of their set did their singer actually sing rather than screech incoherently. The band apparently has a former Melvins member, but I couldn't make him out. A tech guy (who turned out to be a bit more than just a tech guy) later handed their setlist to me. I'm not positive on whether these song titles are complete, but here it is:

Intro
Omelet
204th
Bros/Sis
Vamp/Rad
Dressache
D. Squirt
Welcome

After a wait of about half an hour, the Melvins came out. On this tour (entitled Melvins Lite), the band performed without second drummer Coady. Furthermore, bassist Trevor Dunn played an upright bass instead of a bass guitar. Buzzo was dressed ina ceremonial robe, and Dunn dressed as a typical nerd, if that helps create a mental image. The band played for 90-100 minutes non-stop, and myself being unfamiliar with their new material, only recognized a few songs. I didn't catch/get a setlist since they didn't have one, but from what I remember it was similar to the one posted here earlier. After they finished, I left to go to the bathroom, since I didn't expect the band to come out right after ending their show. I saw quite a few people by the entrance to the toilets, so I assumed it was a line to enter. I stood there for about ten seconds, until a guy you might know whose name is Mike Patton asked me to move so he could go in. I was pretty starstruck since I love FNM along with the other work he's done, but I decided to not bother him with the whole "can I have your autograph" ordeal. I then returned to the stage, which was when I noticed another familiar face: Isis' Bryant Meyer. I shared a few words with the guy (very friendly dude) who then called over Michael Gallagher so I could meet him, too. I got autographs from them both, and later Buzzo's, barely catching his attention before he left.
3/15 Gogol Bordello

Last edited by brutal_descent; 07-21-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:17 AM
Rats off to ya

I wouldn't know how to react if Mike Patton just walked past me. I wouldn't stop him on his way to the bathroom but I would have to find some way to meet him.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:38 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

I'm surprised that you didn't show up to the show four hours before doors open.
11/14 - Slayer
Old 07-21-2012, 10:40 AM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard in Black 666 View Post
I'm surprised that you didn't show up to the show four hours before doors open.
I was going to show up an hour before but I didn't have the use of a car until half an hour later. By the way, four hours is extreme, even for me
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 07-21-2012, 10:48 AM
N00B

Damn, that's awesome. The only time I see someone awesome at a show that isn't performing is when I see my reflection in the bathroom mirror.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:18 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterguy49 View Post
Damn, that's awesome. The only time I see someone awesome at a show that isn't performing is when I see my reflection in the bathroom mirror.
Ya me too dude!

Tags
hepa/titus, the melvins