Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014
System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Montreal, Quebec -- December 13th, 2014
Nonpoint -- Flint, MI -- December 13th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-21-2012, 10:52 PM
ChadJHobbs's Avatar
ChadJHobbs ChadJHobbs is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Cardington, OH
Posts: 57
Iron Maiden -- Indianapolis, IN -- July 19, 2012

Epic show. Same setlist as the rest of the tour. Please check out my review of the show here:

http://www.examiner.com/review/iron-...h-indianapolis

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son LIVE

Last edited by ChadJHobbs; 07-21-2012 at 10:54 PM. Reason: I fucked up
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-21-2012, 11:14 PM
300%_Density 300%_Density is offline
When your grabbing ass with your friends...
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Prison Planet
Posts: 3,859
I'm really over Bruce's bitching about something as he always seems to every show he does in America. Crowd of 10k+ people and he singles out 1 guy. Bruce you already got almost $100 out of this guy since he was in the pit area, shut up and if he wants to text and not bother anyone else then so be it. I don't know why Bruce feels he has to be dick. I'm guessing the text messaging technology has probably reached other countries and I'm guessing the several thousand people Maiden play for in other countries probably have actually sent a text while watching them play in other countries.

Yes I'm actually complaining about the messiah on a very pro Maiden site. I'm sure there will be flaming back, and so be it. I don't ever seem to hear him complain as much when he's in other countries other than America. I do not hate Maiden. I enjoy Maiden, not as much as alot of other's on here, but I do like Maiden. I'm still holding out (faint) hope I might actually see them at some point before they hang it up. /End Rant
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-21-2012, 11:24 PM
wrecking_crew wrecking_crew is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 6
I was at the show and I really enjoyed it (40-45 minute delay at the start of Alice Cooper's set due to thunderstorms.) The set list was identical to every set on the tour, so far. I really thought Bruce's vocals were on in Indy (he can be hit or miss) and the venue didn't hinder the sound, at least not from where I was sitting. The last time I saw them was in 2010 in Chicago and I thought the vocals/acoustics of that venue were terrible.

What I really enjoyed about this is they played all classics and no songs past Fear Of The Dark album. (The two previous times I saw them, the majority of the songs were from 2000 or newer. I missed the Somewhere Back In Time/Flight 666 tour.) The Indy show marks the 7th time I've seen them on tour since the early '80s. (They haven't played Cincinnati since '96. So, every time I want to see them now, I have to travel. )

(I don't remember Bruce bitching at someone unless it was during my bathroom break during "Afraid To Shoot Strangers.")

By the way, Alice Cooper was great too! He didn't play any songs off his most recent album, but he did play many of his classics. It was the first time I've seen Alice Cooper and I enjoyed it!

Last edited by wrecking_crew; 07-21-2012 at 11:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-21-2012, 11:24 PM
bobbie solo's Avatar
bobbie solo bobbie solo is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Jersey City
Posts: 428
he's a master entertainer. he knows that stuff annoys most people, so by making the comment he probably got a big laugh & round of applause from the crowd, right? He has always been quick on his feet with stage banter, this is just another example of it. Oh, and he's right.
__________________
Whitechapel 11/10
Circa Survive,Title Fight 11/11
Jessica Lee Mayfield 11/18
Slipknot 12/6
Russian Circles,Mutoid Man 12/11
ETID,Architects 12/13
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-22-2012, 01:05 AM
gilpdawg's Avatar
gilpdawg gilpdawg is offline
Resident old fart
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: New Paris, OH
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking_crew View Post
I was at the show and I really enjoyed it (40-45 minute delay at the start of Alice Cooper's set due to thunderstorms.) The set list was identical to every set on the tour, so far. I really thought Bruce's vocals were on in Indy (he can be hit or miss) and the venue didn't hinder the sound, at least not from where I was sitting. The last time I saw them was in 2010 in Chicago and I thought the vocals/acoustics of that venue were terrible.

What I really enjoyed about this is they played all classics and no songs past Fear Of The Dark album. (The two previous times I saw them, the majority of the songs were from 2000 or newer. I missed the Somewhere Back In Time/Flight 666 tour.) The Indy show marks the 7th time I've seen them on tour since the early '80s. (They haven't played Cincinnati since '96. So, every time I want to see them now, I have to travel. )

(I don't remember Bruce bitching at someone unless it was during my bathroom break during "Afraid To Shoot Strangers.")

By the way, Alice Cooper was great too! He didn't play any songs off his most recent album, but he did play many of his classics. It was the first time I've seen Alice Cooper and I enjoyed it!
Bathroom break during Strangers? Infidel! It was during the intro to Wasted Years.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-22-2012, 06:52 AM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
I'm really over Bruce's bitching about something as he always seems to every show he does in America. Crowd of 10k+ people and he singles out 1 guy. Bruce you already got almost $100 out of this guy since he was in the pit area, shut up and if he wants to text and not bother anyone else then so be it. I don't know why Bruce feels he has to be dick. I'm guessing the text messaging technology has probably reached other countries and I'm guessing the several thousand people Maiden play for in other countries probably have actually sent a text while watching them play in other countries.

Yes I'm actually complaining about the messiah on a very pro Maiden site. I'm sure there will be flaming back, and so be it. I don't ever seem to hear him complain as much when he's in other countries other than America. I do not hate Maiden. I enjoy Maiden, not as much as alot of other's on here, but I do like Maiden. I'm still holding out (faint) hope I might actually see them at some point before they hang it up. /End Rant
Yes, Bruce has the guy's money and should be happy but put yourself in Bruce's shoes in this situation. He's up on stage busting his ass to entertain everyone there and he see's some idiot on his phone the whole damn time and not paying attention. I know that would piss me off if I was in that position, it's really disrespectful to the performers on stage. If you gotta answer the random text during the show then fine, but if you're having a conversation that's so important that it's lasting through three songs then go some place else and do it.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-22-2012, 06:55 AM
Maidenmagic's Avatar
Maidenmagic Maidenmagic is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 643
The texting incident is just another example on how bad American audiences are these days.
__________________
Iron Maiden 8/18
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-22-2012, 06:57 AM
IrritatedTrout's Avatar
IrritatedTrout IrritatedTrout is offline
Not a number, I'm a free man
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking_crew View Post
I was at the show and I really enjoyed it (40-45 minute delay at the start of Alice Cooper's set due to thunderstorms.) The set list was identical to every set on the tour, so far. I really thought Bruce's vocals were on in Indy (he can be hit or miss) and the venue didn't hinder the sound, at least not from where I was sitting. The last time I saw them was in 2010 in Chicago and I thought the vocals/acoustics of that venue were terrible.

What I really enjoyed about this is they played all classics and no songs past Fear Of The Dark album. (The two previous times I saw them, the majority of the songs were from 2000 or newer. I missed the Somewhere Back In Time/Flight 666 tour.) The Indy show marks the 7th time I've seen them on tour since the early '80s. (They haven't played Cincinnati since '96. So, every time I want to see them now, I have to travel. )

(I don't remember Bruce bitching at someone unless it was during my bathroom break during "Afraid To Shoot Strangers.")

By the way, Alice Cooper was great too! He didn't play any songs off his most recent album, but he did play many of his classics. It was the first time I've seen Alice Cooper and I enjoyed it!


Sorry mate but come on.

__________________
6/17 - Meshuggah
6/28 - Iron Maiden - Bergen, Norway
6/29 - Blaze Bayley - Bergen, Norway
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-22-2012, 07:14 AM
wrecking_crew wrecking_crew is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
Bathroom break during Strangers? Infidel! It was during the intro to Wasted Years.
Sorry, but I couldn't hold it. Since I didn't drive, I was drinking the whole time (all the way up to Indy and all through Alice Cooper and through the first half of Maiden.)

Maybe I didn't notice Bruce's bitching because I still had a little buzz going on (I doubt it). I probably didn't notice because I didn't give a rat's ass about some little punk in the audience texting and not paying attention to the concert.

Last edited by wrecking_crew; 07-22-2012 at 07:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-22-2012, 07:29 AM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidenmagic View Post
The texting incident is just another example on how bad American audiences are these days.
Actually, over the last few years i've noticed that crowd participation at shows has been better then it's been for a long time. I'm talking in terms of the crowd singing along with everything and cheering their asses off. It's certainly not as bad as you always claim it to be. Maybe you should get out and go to a show once in a while
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
alice cooper, iron maiden

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:12 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008