Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014
Riot Fest -- Denver, CO -- September 19th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- September 18th, 2014
Puya -- Washington, D.C. -- September 17th, 2014

Old 07-19-2012, 02:48 PM
TiradesOfTruth

Iron Maiden -- Detroit, MI -- July 18th, 2012

I don't post often but I thought Iron Maiden deserved another thread here.

Arrived at Dte around 6:00 and went to check out the merch. I really liked how Maiden had a merch tent outside of the gates. Picked up a Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son Tour shirt and headed back to my car. Met up with some family friends and chilled for a while before we went in. Ended up heading in around 7:00 with no problem using the paperless ticketing system. We had pretty good seats but the people in front of us holy shit they all had to be at least 6'4 if not taller some of my friends that came aren't remotely close to that height so they had a hard time seeing the stage. We made it work though.

Alice Cooper- It was finally time for Alice Cooper to start and I was pumped to say the least. Because of the tallest people in the whole fucking venue standing directly in front of us. The security guys allowed them to step a little ways into the aisle way which was cool. On to the show. Alice Cooper is fucking heavy live lol. I have never been a die hard Cooper fan but I have listened to them enough but he sounds 10x heavier live then on album. The songs that really stood out to me were Black Widow, I'm Eighteen, Billion Dollar Babies. Also a side note I have never seen Dte so packed for an opening act even though Alice Cooper plays there by himself it was nice to see. Overall a kickass way to start a great fucking show. 8/10

The Black Widow
Brutal Planet
I'm Eighteen
No More Mr. Nice Guy
Hey Stoopid
Billion Dollar Babies
Feed My Frankenstein
Poison
Wicked Young Man
I Love The Dead
School's Out

Iron Maiden- The time had come for one of my favorite bands to come on stage. Judging by how the crowd had reacted to Alice Cooper they were gonna give Maiden everything they had. When Doctor Doctor played over the PA everyone knew what was coming. Iron Maiden opened with Moonchild which sounded amazing. Now Can I Play With Madness isn't my favorite Maiden song but it sounds pretty fucking astounding live. Then when the intro for The Prisoner came on me and all the people around me were going word for word with it. The Prisoner being my favorite song off of Number Of The Beast was great to hear live. They fired right back into it with 2 Minutes To Midnight which is amazing live as well. At about this time these smaller people exchanged rows with some guys who wearing vests with all Maiden patches and I rocked out with them for the rest of the night. I had read that at some shows people use ATSS as a bathroom break not here sure some people left but not a mad rush but anyways ATSS sounded phenomenal it was great for them to bring it out. Then from here on out I screamed my heart out on every song after this and can barely talk tonight. Bruce informed us that they couldn't use all of the props I think it was the second Eddie on SSOASS not positive. They kept on going ripping through The Trooper, Number Of The Beast, Phantom Of The Opera, Wasted Years. Kept on rolling with SSOASS, The Clarivoyant, Fear Of The Dark, and closed off the set with Iron Maiden. As the amphitheater went dark I saw the banner they used went to Aces High Eddie and I went total fan boy lol. When Churchill's speech came over the PA me and the guys next to me were going berserk. Aces High being my favorite song was fantastic to hear. After that they came back with The Evil That Men Do with sounded amazing as well. Iron Maiden closed the show with Running Free. All of the band sounded amazing. It is like people say seeing Iron Maiden is like an religious experience. Iron Maiden is the best live band out there. 10/10

Moonchild
Can I Play With Madness
The Prisoner
2 Minutes To Midnight
Afraid To Shoot Strangers
The Trooper
The Number Of The Beast
Phantom Of The Opera
Run To The Hills
Wasted Years
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
The Clairvoyant
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden

Aces High
The Evil That Men Do
Running Free

After the show chatted with some guys that were from Poland that Bruce pointed out during Running Free. Then made our way to the Parking lot where the wait was not as bad as anticipated. Great show! Iron Maiden is a can't miss band!
8/9 Boris
8/30 Morbid Saint/Vektor
Old 07-19-2012, 02:53 PM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

nice review mate !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 07-19-2012, 03:26 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Surprised the prophet Eddie won't fit into so many venues. That's 4 now.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 07-19-2012, 04:39 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
Surprised the prophet Eddie won't fit into so many venues. That's 4 now.
It could fit in any venue, it's just it can't fit in addition to the Eddie that comes out during Iron Maiden. Most bands don't have one stage prop that's the size of Eddie, let alone two of them. It looks as though Maiden was prepared for this since they just use a banner of the prophet Eddie when they can't use the prop.

Nice review, Bruce mentioned some guys fom Poland in attendance when I saw them on monday. They're probably following the whole tour. Must be nice to have that kind of money to burn and be able to get that kind of time off of work.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:44 PM
N00B

Great review, man. I was there as well, and I couldn't have described it any better. I purposely didn't look at the setlist in advance, and it was pretty much a perfect setlist. I LOVED hearing "The Prisoner" and ATSS
10/5 For Today
10/13 Counterparts
10/16 PJ
11/3 Anberlin
11/5 BOO/Erra
12/9 ETID
12/11 Snot

Tags
alice cooper, iron maiden