Queensryche -- Uncasville, CT -- April 19th, 2014
Scott Stapp -- London, England -- April 23rd, 2014
Megadeth -- Quito, Ecuador -- April 22nd, 2014

Old 08-22-2012, 02:29 PM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Both!
The end definitely ruined it for me, but as for the latter... though my comic book fanboy self is butthurt over them using Robin as his middle name despite Robin's actual name being Dick Grayson, I definitely didn't see it coming and liked it at the time.
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 08-22-2012, 02:35 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutal_descent View Post
The end definitely ruined it for me, but as for the latter... though my comic book fanboy self is butthurt over them using Robin as his middle name despite Robin's actual name being Dick Grayson, I definitely didn't see it coming and liked it at the time.
I really didn't like anything about the ending. There's other Robins besides Dick Grayson but still, no version of the character was ever named Robin Blake.

The ending would have been good if they just had Bruce Wayne die plain and simple. The Robin shit and the auto pilot thing just leave room for bullshit speculation over possible sequels that will never happen (at least I hope they wont).
Old 08-22-2012, 03:07 PM
not the mama

The worst part about the ending is that there's still hundreds of criminals roaming the street that are not going to simply turn themselves in just because Bane is gone. Honestly the more I think about it, Nolan should have split this chapter into two movies.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:11 PM
I'm reaching out for something else.

The ending is great aside from actually showing Bruce Wayne, it should've just been Alfred smiling. Technically Bruce and Batman are "dead", plus having him live makes it feel fulfilling. The Robing thing was simply a homage and nothing more. No more sequels, Nolan and Bale both don't want to do anymore, maybe a Night Wing is a possibility but I highly doubt.
Basement-8/12
Old 08-22-2012, 03:51 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatteredFlame View Post
The worst part about the ending is that there's still hundreds of criminals roaming the street that are not going to simply turn themselves in just because Bane is gone. Honestly the more I think about it, Nolan should have split this chapter into two movies.
I was trying to think of some sort of explanation along the lines of "well they all got their asses handed to them in the showdown against the cops" but the more I think about it, it really just doesn't make any sense.

I really wanna know how the fuck Batman just glides away from a nuclear explosion when he's sitting in the Bat 5 seconds before it explodes. Did he have a refrigerator in that thing?
Old 08-22-2012, 03:57 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Well I loved the ending. I think naming Robin as Robin was just Nolan making sure the part of the audience that isn't comic book fans can also understand the point of the reveal. Batman dying, but Bruce living was great as well, Batman is dead, but Bruce lives on and escapes it all with Catwoman.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:13 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Well I loved the ending. I think naming Robin as Robin was just Nolan making sure the part of the audience that isn't comic book fans can also understand the point of the reveal. Batman dying, but Bruce living was great as well, Batman is dead, but Bruce lives on and escapes it all with Catwoman.
This.
7/22 Converge

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 08-22-2012, 04:31 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
My problem with that is what if Gotham comes under attack again? Will Bruce just say "not my problem" and go about his business?
Old 08-22-2012, 04:41 PM
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
My problem with that is what if Gotham comes under attack again? Will Bruce just say "not my problem" and go about his business?
That's why he gave Blake the directions to the Batcave. We're left to assume that he takes over as Gotham's caretaker.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:12 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
I really wanna know how the fuck Batman just glides away from a nuclear explosion when he's sitting in the Bat 5 seconds before it explodes. Did he have a refrigerator in that thing?
I didn't notice it the 1st time, but the 2nd time Lucius learns that Bruce fixed the autopilot on the bat without telling anyone.