Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014

Old 07-20-2012, 08:44 PM
N00B

I feel like my comic book nerdyness makes my opinion on the movie bias cause seeing some of my favorite moments and characters on screen just makes it so hard for me not to love it.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:47 PM
Rats off to ya

Chris Nolan on the tragedy in Aurora.

"Speaking on behalf of the cast and crew of The Dark Knight Rises, I would like to express our profound sorrow at the senseless tragedy that has befallen the entire Aurora community. I would not presume to know anything about the victims of the shooting but that they were there last night to watch a movie. I believe movies are one of the great American art forms and the shared experience of watching a story unfold on screen is an important and joyful pastime. The movie theatre is my home, and the idea that someone would violate that innocent and hopeful place in such an unbearably savage way is devastating to me. Nothing any of us can say could ever adequately express our feelings for the innocent victims of this appalling crime, but our thoughts are with them and their families."
Old 07-20-2012, 10:18 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

I thought it was excellent, but not QUITE as good as The Dark Knight. The pacing feels really off in some places, but everyone puts in great performances (especially Michael Caine; this is his best movie of the three). And Anne Hathaway KILLS as Selina Kyle. Both her and the writers did a superb job with the character.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:31 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Is James Gordon given a lot to do? Honestly he's my favorite character in the whole series.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:31 PM
That Guy

Fuck it, I'll say it, This was the best one of the 3!

Why? Because it has everything you'd want and more. It doesn't get boring or slow, it keeps right along for almost 3 hours. Bane and the Joker were always my two favorite Batman Villains, and I gotta say Bane (Despite sounding like Sean "That's not what your mother said last night!" Connery at times through his mask, is the darkest motherfucker in the whole trilogy. To me when it comes to comic book/superhero movies, it's eiethr gotta be Adam West campy, or dark as fuck, no in between. The Dark Knight Rises is Dark as FUCK! and I wouldn't want it any other way.

*I would go more into detail, but since there is no Spoiler warning, I'll have someone else ruin it here, but JRA, yes Commissoner Gordon has one of the major parts this time around.*
Old 07-20-2012, 10:37 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

I loved Bane's voice. It was so weird. And man, there were a few scenes where he was just completely terrifying.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:44 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
I loved Bane's voice. It was so weird. And man, there were a few scenes where he was just completely terrifying.
I rarely say this because no horror or thrill movie has ever done that to me. But I did feel trembles during TDKR. That is saying a lot from me.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:06 AM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

In the beginning of the movie Banes voice really bothered me. I don't know if it actually got better or I got used to it, but it just really sucked. You could totally tell it was overdubbed too.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:28 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Incredible, in my opinion. Only time will tell if I hold the trilogy as a whole in as high regards, but that was a great slice of cinema. It's incredibly tough to make an almost 3 hour long movie that captivating, but Nolan did it, and did it incredibly well. My Joseph Gordon Levitt prediction came through, which I was somewhat happy about, and the whole film was just a perfect package. Not a single stand out performance in my opinion, they all gelled together perfectly, if I was forced to pick, it would be Bane or Selina Ward, but as I said, EVERYONE was on their A-game.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:16 PM
Close your eyes forget your name

Loved it I agree with some others here that is very hard to keep a good pace for a 3 hour movie but TDKR did it. Bane was scary as fuck and I did not see the twist of the real mastermind at the end. I will say I like the Dark Knight a little more

bonus points for including Johnathan Cane