Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Ghost -- Toronto, ON -- April 17, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13, 2014
The Goddamn Gallows -- Long Beach, CA -- April 16th, 2014
Unearth -- Ottawa, Ontario -- April 15th, 2014
Black Sabbath -- Ottawa, Ontario -- April 13th, 2014

Old 07-20-2012, 12:43 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

There's a few schools in my area that have metal detectors, but those are only in cities where they have bad gang problems. I really don't what they are going for long-term security and what not in the aftermath of this. Two of my friends work at the AMC near my house so I'll ask them what's up once they get out of work tonight.
7/22 Converge

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 07-20-2012, 01:42 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

"One witness said the gunman had been "slowly making his way up the stairs and just firing - picking random people". At least one person in an adjacent auditorium was injured when a bullet went through the wall, police said."

"Another eyewitness, identified only as Pam, told the BBC: "He fired a canister into the air. It shot it right into the air, then I started to hear the bang, bang, bang of a gun. I crawled my way through the row. Luckily the exit was close to where I was sitting so I got out pretty fast. I heard more shots as I left."

Another eyewitness, Salina Jordan, 19, told the Denver Post she had seen one girl shot in the cheek, and a girl who appeared to be about nine years old with a gunshot wound to the stomach."

Holy shit!!! This sounds unreal
5/11 - Saint Vitus
Old 07-20-2012, 02:08 PM
though the vocals can be a little to extreme for me some times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard in Black 666 View Post
"One witness said the gunman had been "slowly making his way up the stairs and just firing - picking random people". At least one person in an adjacent auditorium was injured when a bullet went through the wall, police said."

"Another eyewitness, identified only as Pam, told the BBC: "He fired a canister into the air. It shot it right into the air, then I started to hear the bang, bang, bang of a gun. I crawled my way through the row. Luckily the exit was close to where I was sitting so I got out pretty fast. I heard more shots as I left."

Another eyewitness, Salina Jordan, 19, told the Denver Post she had seen one girl shot in the cheek, and a girl who appeared to be about nine years old with a gunshot wound to the stomach."

Holy shit!!! This sounds unreal

That's what happens when someone doesn't get their midnight ticket.

In all reality though this is a horrible tragedy and my heart goes out to the victims.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:38 PM
Four graves...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
It may seem too soon to be talking about this but is anyone else worried that next year we're gonna be getting full body pat downs just to see a movie?
I was thinking the same thing.
4/26 Possessed ?
4/27 Iron Reagan ?
5/3 Chthonic ?
5/3 Sadistic Intent
Old 07-20-2012, 04:23 PM
Peace on earth sells... but who's buying?

The whole situation is terrible, but at least it's isolated. After seeing Dark Knight I had a feeling some disgruntled kid would try to re-enact some Joker bullshit. And now they're ramping up security and taking precautions after the fact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
You know, by having this story take place 8 years after the ending of the Dark Knight, and Bruce Wayne being retired as Batman, Nolan really shot himself in the balls. The only semblance of why the ending of the Dark Knight worked was because it gave off a "to be continued" vibe, which really pissed the audience off not because, it wasn't good writing, but because the audience is left with questions unanswered. They will easily pay money to see how the hell Batman is gonna get out of this one, Or rather, how is Bruce Wayne going to be able to deal with his inner demons of wanting to help people even though he made himself a cop killer? More or less the same way Empire Strikes Back didn't quite resolve everything at once.

Well, by right off the bat by saying "yea he makes it home and convinces himself to stop being Batman for many years," what fucking motivation do I have to see this movie? As far as I'm concerned the story pretty much ends right there. Batman makes the ultimate sacrifice, Joker is captured, the legacy of Harvey Dent lives on and everyone lives happily ever after!
I can't disagree more. What did you wanna see?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
As far as I'm concerned he never became Two-Face. Two-Face is a comic book gimmicky character that makes the assholes in the academy cringe because they've forgotten how to be young, and has a split style suit and commits crimes based on twos. What we saw in the film was Harvey Dent with an axe to grind and a flesh-wound.
The same thing was done with Catwoman. I like it that way because it felt way more plausible, even though it's just a movie and all. It makes the situations easier to connect to and feel much more intense because you couldn't just write it off in the back of your mind as a silly superhero movie.
I'm really happy with the movie. For The Dark Knight, I went into the theater not knowing what to expect and was blown away. With that, I was excited to see this movie but wasn't going in thinking anything less than The Dark Knight would be a failure. The movie was awesome and I felt satisfied with the way it fit in the trilogy and did justice to the story.
But that's just like, my opinion man.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:27 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

I had to leave cause my friend had to get to work, but was there an after credit scene?
6/13-Goddamn Gallows
8/28-8/31-Muddy Roots
Old 07-20-2012, 04:44 PM
Peace on earth sells... but who's buying?

Nope
Old 07-20-2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Nope
Thanks
6/13-Goddamn Gallows
8/28-8/31-Muddy Roots
Old 07-20-2012, 06:20 PM
I'm reaching out for something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
Thanks
Shooting is beyond say and disturbing. Such a sad day.

In terms of the movie it was great. Not sure if I'd say it's better Then Dark Knight though. Bane is one bad mofo!
Basement-8/12
Old 07-20-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
Shooting is beyond say and disturbing. Such a sad day.

In terms of the movie it was great. Not sure if I'd say it's better Then Dark Knight though. Bane is one bad mofo!
That movie was one of the best movies I've seen in a while. It kept my attention despite what time of day it was and me almost falling asleep before the movie started. It was so morbid and I loved every second of it.
6/13-Goddamn Gallows
8/28-8/31-Muddy Roots