downset. -- Albany, NY -- July 24th 2014
Megadeth -- Metaldays Festival, Slovenia -- July 25th, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Tinley Park, IL-- July 24th, 2014
Queen -- Columbia, MD -- July 20th, 2014
Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-18-2012, 10:04 AM
When will Jesus bring the pork chops?

What a fantastic show. I was in the pit. Mind blowing to see a show that huge that close up. They sounded great. A little muddy for the first couple songs, but it didnt last long. These guys with their musicianship and energy even in their 50s, put everyone else to shame (minus Jannick). Bruces voice was perfect. Even better than a couple nights before in Toronto. Hes just a madman running around the stage. Loved seeing each of them take turns doing solos in the front of the stage. The Prisoner, Moonchild, ATSS, SSOASS, The Clairvoyant, Aces High FOTD and Wasted Years were the highlights for me. Plus the animatronic Eddies, huge backdrops and flames. Bruce complimented the crowd for their loudness. Buffalo concert crowds could be hit and miss so that's great. Im sure they'll be back. What a show

As for Alice, he does what he always does. Great show by him as always. Nice compliment to Maiden. That Orianthi is smokin. Nice getting an eye full of her. Dont let that fool you though. She's a pretty good guitar player

I took some pretty good pics. Maybe I'll post some. I dont like being annoying camera guy at concerts, because I hate it when someone does it too much, but I couldn't help but take a few being so close to the action.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:14 AM

Im with you all on the Jannick thing too. I only looked his way a few times amd that was mainly because one of the others was there. Im sure hes a great guy and he contributes to writing amd such, but what in the fuck is he doing? His calisthenics and version of the riverdancer are pretty ridiculous. Its Iron Maiden not pretty boy floyd.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog2112 View Post
And Darien does have a small stage I used to usher out there and we would go up on it in the Spring time and I couldnt believe how small it was.
I never actually realized it was that small until Bruce mentioned it. Just thought it was standard size.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:04 PM
things are more than just what you see

You can clearly hear Janick's guitar on the dvd, so unless they edit it back in, he does play.

9/21: Uproar Festival
Old 07-18-2012, 02:42 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
I like Janick. If you'd go to his side, it's pretty clear he is actually playing. On some of the older songs it does seem that he's not in certain parts but maybe that's because those songs don't really need 3 guitars? I will say he puts more into "his" stuff, meaning No Prayer stuff and on. People wonder why he's still in the band? Look at the writing credits on the recent albums. He wrote the best 2 songs on the last 2 records (The Talisman and The Legacy) and the 2nd best song on Dance of Death (the title track). He's a good songwriter, and a good entertainer and I think he works well with the rest of the band.
Yes, he does have a good amonut of writing credits since FOTD but how much does he really contribute to the songs he's credited for? It's not like he's writen anything for Maiden on his own. Harris, Dickinson or Smith's names are always next to his in the writing credits. Call me crazy, but with as talented as those three are at songwriting, i'm always gonna go with one of them writing the bulk of the song, with Gers throwing in a few ideas and getting credit for it.

If I felt they weren't able to get by without his songwriting contributions then I would give him more credit. But Bruce, Adrian and Steve would still be coming up with great material if Gers wasn't around. His contributions both live and in the writing aren't that significant from what i've seen.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:58 PM
Catch The Rainbow

Yeah, about Janick......Adrian and Dave play the guitar while it appears in a live show Janick plays with his guitar throwing it in the air and jumping around like a clown........I also hate it when Janick plays solos that were previously handled by Adrian.......There I said it. If I said it on the Maiden board I'd be getting a royal flaming. I don't dislike him but I think they could do just fine without him.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:16 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Yes, he does have a good amonut of writing credits since FOTD but how much does he really contribute to the songs he's credited for? It's not like he's writen anything for Maiden on his own. Harris, Dickinson or Smith's names are always next to his in the writing credits. Call me crazy, but with as talented as those three are at songwriting, i'm always gonna go with one of them writing the bulk of the song, with Gers throwing in a few ideas and getting credit for it.
Yes, but Harris name is on just about every song since the reunion (New Frontier is the one and only exception). So it's a stretch to say he isn't contributing a significant amount when we really have no idea how significant the Harris/Other contributions are to the songs either.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 07-18-2012, 06:00 PM
somebody somewhere

I looked at the albums, Janick co-wrote more songs than I thought, particulary on FOD and BNW. I give him some credit there even though we don't know how much he really contributes. He also co-wrote most of the songs on Bruce's first solo album. Not one of Bruce's better albums, but just wanted to throw that in.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:37 AM
N00B

I don't care what Jannicks writing credits are. I don't care if he is the greatest writer in the history of metal. He acts like a total jackass on stage, twirling his guitar like he is trying out for Cinderella. Those antics are fine in certain types of bands ie Cinderella, but Maiden is not that type of band. And the prancing... dear god!!! What I find funny is that at times you have Murray, Smith and Harris all stage front lined up doing there thing, and then there is Jannick way off to the side like they wont let him come up with them.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:30 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwils65 View Post
I don't care what Jannicks writing credits are. I don't care if he is the greatest writer in the history of metal. He acts like a total jackass on stage, twirling his guitar like he is trying out for Cinderella. Those antics are fine in certain types of bands ie Cinderella, but Maiden is not that type of band. And the prancing... dear god!!! What I find funny is that at times you have Murray, Smith and Harris all stage front lined up doing there thing, and then there is Jannick way off to the side like they wont let him come up with them.
The point, if is has that much time to spare on stage to be swinging his guitar around instead of playing it, then the band don't need him.

20/7 Onslaught
30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival
3/8 Lokerse Festival

Tags
alice cooper, iron maiden