Wasted Years
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
The Clairvoyant
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden

Aces High
The Evil That Men Do
Running Free

Another fantastic show from both bands, much better than the show I saw in Toronto on friday. Being in the pit had a lot to do with that but both bands just sounded a lot better. Especially Bruce, who's voice was better tonight than it was at the other show. He sounded a bit muffeled at times in Toronto but last night his vocals were clear as anything throughout the show. The same for the rest of the band, well except Jannick, I don't believe they even turn his guitar on. You see him strummig something on it but you don't hear what he's playing at all.

I had never been in the pit for anything before at this venue but it's not too big. Maybe they're giving up five rows of regular seats for it and that's about it. There was room in it the whole night though and i'm guessing about 100 people or so were in it if that. Cooper did his usual thing which is ten times better than most bands best show. With this show, I have now seen Cooper four times in the span of a year and that's the most i've ever seen a band in that span of time. I saw him solo twice last year and twice now with Maiden. Orianthi threw out a bunch of guitar picks at the end and I got one. That's when I realized that in 20 years of going to shows i've never got anythig somebody has tossed into the audience before. Usually there's a mob of people trying to get the stuff and that's why I never bother with it. But a pick landed right by my feet so I grabbed it. If it wasn't Orianthi's pick I really wouldn't have given a shit about getting it though.

After Cooper, my friend and I decided to move to the back rail of the pit and watch from there. Even at the back of the pit we were only about 20 feet or so from the stage with a fantastic view. We were looking at center stage right in front of us but I made it a point to move a few steps to my left so I could see Dave and Adrian play better. The place was packed and the crowd was into everything, screaming and singing along to all the songs very loudly. Bruce even comented a few times on how loud we were. When Bruce was talking before ATSS, he mentioned that the stage wasn't big enough to fit their whole set and that they should burn the place down and build a bigger one so next time they can fit everything on it Unfortunately we didn't get the Eddie that comes up during 7th Son, which was too bad because it makes for a great visual and really adds to the atmosphere of the song. The heat from the fire they had was the hottest thing i've ever felt at a show. Being that close it felt like the heat was coming right up frm underneath you. Damn that was hot

Nicko's drum kit is so big that even from as close as I was you couldn't even see him behind it. Steve and Bruce did their usual thing and it just amazes me the energy these two still have on stage. Especially Bruce, no other frontman in music that is, was or ever will be can compare to him on that stage. When it comes to frontmen there's Bruce Dickinson and then there's a huge drop off before you get to whoever you want to rank behind him. Jannick did whatever the hell it is that he does. I'm still not sure what his purpose is since Adrian came back? The big highlight for me was watching Dave and Adrian play together from that close, truly amazing to see. Easily the best guitar duo ever and you can tell by the little interactions they have with each other during the show how much they enjoy playing together.

The last time Maiden played here was on the 2005 Ozzfest and the last time they came here on their own tour was Brave New World. Because of the great turnout and crowd reaction I hope the band's management doesn't forget about us when they book future Maiden tours. The people from Buffalo, Rochester and other surrounding places did the area proud last night and hopefully it will lead to Maiden coming here more often.

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 07-17-2012 at 05:13 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:13 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Sounds cool, wish my own Maiden tour wasn't over.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 07-17-2012, 06:18 PM
Concert Veteran

I forgot to mention that the venue didn't do the paperless ticket thing for this show. My tcikets were at willcall and even though they were for the pit, they were actually real tickets
Old 07-17-2012, 06:26 PM
N00B

Sounds like you don't like Jannick. Glad you said it, I can't stand him.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:42 PM
N00B

Alice Cooper killed it! Black Widow, I'm Eighteen, Poison, Billion Dollar Babies, Wicked Young Man, and I Love The Dead. Man, what a show!

Can't say much about the band that closed for him though. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son was alright I guess (mainly because there was a fireworks show happening at the amusement park). The Trooper was good too.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:56 PM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil709 View Post
Alice Cooper killed it! Black Widow, I'm Eighteen, Poison, Billion Dollar Babies, Wicked Young Man, and I Love The Dead. Man, what a show!

Can't say much about the band that closed for him though. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son was alright I guess (mainly because there was a fireworks show happening at the amusement park). The Trooper was good too.
you are an idiot

and fuck you

great review Sanitarium78

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 07-17-2012, 08:05 PM
slave to the grind

All the posts about this tour are getting me so pumped for the show in 3 weeks! I'm just mega-bummed that we're not getting Alice Cooper, especially since he lives here!
9/30-Sham 69
10/4-Colonelfest IV
10/18-Neurosis
Old 07-17-2012, 08:26 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
All the posts about this tour are getting me so pumped for the show in 3 weeks! I'm just mega-bummed that we're not getting Alice Cooper, especially since he lives here!
Alice Cooper is playing some headlining shows out here at the end of November and beginning on December. Maybe he will make his way out to AZ during that time.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:31 PM
Pass the steak sauce

An awesome show without a doubt, one of the best I've seen. Definitely the best overall setlist out of any Maiden show I've seen as well. Being able to hear Afraid to Shoot Strangers live alone was worth at least 10x the ticket price, and was dually orgasmic
10/18 - Anvil
10/19 - THE KING
11/18 - Manowar
Old 07-17-2012, 08:39 PM
N00B

Was a good show from both bands. Although Cooper had better sound for his set.When Maiden came out you seemed like you just heard the bass thumping and the kick drum.Took them awhile to get the mix right.

Agree about Gers Im sorry but he really looks like a douchebag up there. His antics just dont go with the songs. I saw Steve Harris look once or twice at him and you could see in his face the disapproval. Best sight of the night when Smith,Murrey and Harris would line up and jam toghther on the stage it was cool to see

And Darien does have a small stage I used to usher out there and we would go up on it in the Spring time and I couldnt believe how small it was.

Glad they came hopefully we get them again

Tags
alice cooper, iron maiden