Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Clarkston, MI -- August 24th, 2014
Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-15-2012, 12:49 AM
I'm reaching out for something else.

The Story So Far -- Anaheim, CA -- July 14th, 2012

One thing must be said first.Chain Reaction NEEDS more air conditioning cuz holy shit was it hot as fuck. Nobody left that venue tonight without being soaked in sweat.

So I got to the show right when Stickup Kid was playing. I thought they were okay, the singer definitely needs to work on his highs cuz I thought they were bad. Place was already packed when they were playing and peeps were already stage diving and moshing but only modestly. Don’t know much of their stuff so no set. Also they were the third band playing. I missed Troubled Coast and Stateside.

The next band was Seahaven and holy tits did this band sound amazing. I watched them from far but that’s not really far at Chain. I figured they would be a cool chill out band and boy was I wrong. The crowd exploded when this band hit the stage: stage diving got crazy and everyone was moving. This singer has really good chops and I definitely want to catch em again. Interesting note during their set some of their fans, presumably friends of the singer cuz he mentioned some of his best friends were there, came onstage and gave the vocalist kisses on the cheek. Also first time I witnessed this, one dude was on top of other dudes shoulders and they stage dove together. I’m positive the set is correct.

Lastly The Story So Far! I just want to say I was beyond pumped for this and bought a ticket the day they went on sale cuz I missed them on The Glamour Kills tour and had to hear em from outside so when I heard headliner at Chain boom ticket purchased. Anyways. Hot Damn this band was all I could ask for and the crowd, the motherfucking crowd went ape shit. No one stood still, nonstop crowd surfers, nonstop stage divers. By stage divers I mean everything you can think of: superman dives, front flips, backflips, 450’s, twirly side dives, run off the wall and do some crazy ass shit, walk on peeps heads. All types of peeps were doing it as well. Of course there were mosh pits, circle pits, hardcore dancing but not karate kicks more like the stomping swinging arms stuff. So much fucking fun. And the set was the definition of perfect. All of Under Soil and Dirt!!! Plus Ali. Ali!!! My fav song by em, slightly in front of Mt. Diablo. I sang my ass off and during Placeholder I seriously thought I blew my vocals during that last verse. Like I said the crowd was awesome. I just love how everyone was having a blast and doing it with a smile on their faces. This is why Pop Punk is awesome and to those that hate it well you be missing the fuck out. Tried putting the set in order.

Seahaven Set:
Plague
Head In The Sand (Blinding Son)
Goodnight
It’s Over
Slow Down
Black & White
PV

The Story So Far Set:

States And Minds/Roam
Quicksand
Four Years
Ali
Daughters
Brevity
Mt. Diablo
680 South
Rally Cap
Just Like You Said
Swords And Pens
Placeholder
High Regard
Encore:
Closure

Stickup Kid 6/10
Seahaven 8.5/10
The Story So Far 10/10
Tough Mudder-10/26

Last edited by XDoomsayerX; 07-17-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:00 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Cool Revew. Chain reaction is a great venue for metal shows, just too bad its got such a shitty strict curfew and attracts more to the younger high school teenie boppers(as well as the fact that they don't serve any alcohol). But I can't complain, I have had some greats times at the Chain Reaction, and i got to see some great bands perform at that tiny little shitter. Death Angel, Destruction, and Grave always come to mind..
11/14 - Slayer
Old 07-15-2012, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard in Black 666 View Post
Death Angel, Destruction, and Grave always come to mind..
I was there for Grave and Death Angel! I seriously thought peeps were gonna die during Death Angel. haha
Tough Mudder-10/26
Old 07-15-2012, 01:12 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
I was there for Grave and Death Angel! I seriously thought peeps were gonna die during Death Angel. haha
Yeah, it got really crazy in that pit for Death Angel! I was in that pit for pretty much their entire performance except for the last two songs . It got ultra intense during "Thrashers", god damn, god damn!

Speaking of Grave. I don't know if it was just me, but that show had such a shitty turn out. Treghet, srm, and Christopher were all at that show as well. I was in the very front of the stage with my friend, and as i was looking behind me to get a good idea of how packed it was I swear I think i only saw no more than 50 people all around that venue. Pretty shitty turn out, but Grave was great! My friend tried to start a pit but some ass hole wasn't digging it and they almost got into a pretty bad scuffle.
11/14 - Slayer
Old 07-15-2012, 10:54 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

PERFECT VENUE

PERFECT BAND

PERFECT SET

FUCK YOU CALIFORNIA
Old 07-15-2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
PERFECT VENUE

PERFECT BAND

PERFECT SET

FUCK YOU CALIFORNIA
^_______^

Dude find a venue like this in your region! I saw The Chariot there too, imagine that carnage.

Here's some footage for a little taste:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOR5vqSyaRI
Tough Mudder-10/26
Old 07-15-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
^_______^

Dude find a venue like this in your region! I saw The Chariot there too, imagine that carnage.

Here's some footage for a little taste:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOR5vqSyaRI
Oh, I mean, Chicago has great venues. I've been to most of 'em. Just the culmination of the very hands off nature of Chain Reaction coupled with the amazing punk scene in southern california results in one of the best hardcore venues in the country. That and Anchors Up!, in Massachusetts.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:11 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Oh, I mean, Chicago has great venues. I've been to most of 'em. Just the culmination of the very hands off nature of Chain Reaction coupled with the amazing punk scene in southern california results in one of the best hardcore venues in the country. That and Anchors Up!, in Massachusetts.
Plus there isn't a venue in Chicago that allows stagediving like this to happen. Bottomlounge won't even allow getting on top of people.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Plus there isn't a venue in Chicago that allows stagediving like this to happen. Bottomlounge won't even allow getting on top of people.
Beat Kitchen, Cobra Lounge, Subterranean are all smaller, comparable hands-off venues.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:29 PM

Quote:
I get watcha mean. There's actually another venue called Soma in San Diego that's similar to Chain Reaction. It has sidesatge like Chain but bigger and a Main Stage with barricade and stuff. Awesome staff where security guards are in the pit moshing and making sure no one gets hurt.
Tough Mudder-10/26

Tags
seahaven, the story so far