Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-15-2012, 04:41 PM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

juste got back home from the 9 hours drive from Sarnia. Was great with a lame festival crowd, I would estimate it aroud 7000 max. Certainly the smalest crowd of the tour. But Maiden did a pro show without mentioning anything about it. I just loved the whole thing

Cooper did at least 4 or 5 more songs than his usual set cause he hads more time. I was starting to like his set but those 4-5 songs really killed the mood, with solo's and jamming. I hated it and even my friends told me I was too much.

For Toronto I was FTTB with my son. We had a fantastic time althought I hade to leave the barrier after Phantom because of the constant pushing from dickheads behind me. They saw I was with my son so they kept wanted his spot on the rail that made the whole FTTB experience really not so great for me cause I had to fight a lot. But hey that's part of the package I guess. My son though had full of eye contacts with Brucey & Steve and singalong with them quite a few times. We just backed up a few rows after that and enjoyed the rest of the show

too bad it's already over...

Up The Irons !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 07-15-2012, 05:28 PM
Concert Veteran

I don't blame you for leaving the barrier. I don't even understand why some people want to get that spot so bad at a show. I understand if it's a huge festival but other than that it's just too hot and crammed with no room to breathe. It's just not comfortable especially when you're seeing a show on a hot night.

I'll be in the pit for the show tomorrow. I'm just gonna find a nice comfortable spot to stand in and enjoy it. No matter where you are in the pit you're still closer than 99 percent of the audience. So it's a win no matter what.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:29 AM

there must have been way more people in the back than what I saw, it appears there was 18 000 for Sarnia:

http://www.theobserver.ca/2012/07/14...or-iron-maiden

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 07-16-2012, 08:48 AM
Pass the steak sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I don't blame you for leaving the barrier. I don't even understand why some people want to get that spot so bad at a show. I understand if it's a huge festival but other than that it's just too hot and crammed with no room to breathe. It's just not comfortable especially when you're seeing a show on a hot night.

I'll be in the pit for the show tomorrow. I'm just gonna find a nice comfortable spot to stand in and enjoy it. No matter where you are in the pit you're still closer than 99 percent of the audience. So it's a win no matter what.
See you there, my friend
10/20 - Iron Reagan
10/23 - Dead Congregation
Old 07-16-2012, 09:21 AM
N00B

In the 200 Sec. tonight Going to be epic!! Haven't seen Maiden since the CSIT Tour
Old 07-16-2012, 10:16 PM
N00B

Dang PowerMaiden 9 hours drive for Maiden.....You sir are a true fan! Anyways, being on the rail is unpredictable. The last time I saw Maiden everyone behaved in San Antonio. No pushing. I hope everyone behaves again in August. I would love to be close without bruises.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:50 PM
In Search of Truth

If you are gonna be in a GA pit for Maiden, the rail is the place to be without a doubt if you ask me. When you're in the midst of the crowd you run the risk of getting trapped in a mob of people, usually cut off from air if you're not particularly tall. You usually are pressed up against people from all sides, and also there's absolutely no stability to your location. Any time I've seen Maiden in the pit but not on the rail, I've gotten knocked around quite a bit, even being 6'2" and 300 pounds.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:47 AM

The thing is we were amonst the first to arrived at the FTTB table. Then when Alex arrived with the wristbands we got screwed by maybe 15 assholes that manage to get theirs first.

Then in the second line-up they told us NO RUNNING but as soon as they opened the gate everybody rushed to the third line up , now at this point there are maybe 30 people in front of us that arrived way after us at the first place. No need to say there was sone harsh words exchanged. Bunch of assholes

then when we could finally go to the barrier the only spot left was right in the middle where Bruce is most of the time. So I knew that was the worst place to go in terms of potential pushing and shoving. But we had no choice. My friends who were on Dave & 'H side all had a fantastic time with almost no pushing. That's where I wanted to go. But hey, my son had full of singalong moments with Steve right eye to eye, it was trully amazing, and even a few with Bruce which is pretty rare since Brucey usually look furter in the crowd. Too bad I couldn't stay there the whole time I'm pretty sure my son would have ending up with a Steve wristband.

As far as beiing furter away in the pit, the Molson Amp. pit in toronto is very small, maybe a few hundred plp only, so even beiing way in the back was really fucking close anyway

here a pic of us [right behind the blue flag)

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Tags
alice cooper, iron maiden