Raven -- West Hollywood, CA -- October 20th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014
Sammy Hagar -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 18th, 2014
Tony MacAlpine -- Vienna, VA -- October 19th, 2014

Old 07-10-2012, 09:12 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Roger Waters -- Raleigh, NC -- July 9th, 2012

What a show! The special effects were incredible and Roger and his band sounded really good. I know a lot of you have probably seen this tour by now but I hadn't really seen any video of it so I didn't know what to expect. I loved the plane with the fireworks, the puppets, the surround sound effects, the pig, the wall projections and animations. Really cool stuff. I also liked how political the show was. I never thought the album was overly political, always seemed more like a story about personal issues such as relationships, but there were quite a few "edgy" political aspects of the show between talking about the Brazilian murdered by London police in the subway and showing footage of the Iraqi journalists blown apart by the U.S. plane a few years ago. Roger also had bigger titties than Rob Zombie.

Highlights for me were Comfortably Numb, Run Like Hell, Another Brick in the Wall Part 2, What Shall We do Now?, and In The Flesh. I had never heard What Shall We Do Now? before but it was heavy as hell, I really wish it had been included on the album. I also really enjoyed the piece I've seen called The Ballad Of Jean Charles de Menezes.

Only bad part was that the crowd sucked but what can you do. Roger was really gracious and showed a lot of appreciation for the fans even though I bet it felt like a big step down from the past two shows at Yankee Stadium.

Setlist:

1. In The Flesh?
2. The Thin Ice
3. Another Brick In The Wall, Part 1
4. The Happiest Days Of Our Lives
5. Another Brick In The Wall, Part 2
6. The Ballad Of Jean Charles de Menezes
7. Mother
8. Goodbye Blue Sky
9. Empty Spaces
10. What Shall We Do Now?
11. Young Lust
12. One Of My Turns
13. Don't Leave Me Now
14. Another Brick In The Wall, Part 3
15. The Last Few Bricks
16. Goodbye Cruel World

-Intermission- Wasn't expecting this.

1. Hey You
2. Is There Anybody Out There?
3. Nobody Home
4. Vera
5. Bring the Boys Back Home
6. Comfortably Numb
7. The Show Must Go On
8. In The Flesh
9. Run Like Hell
10. Waiting For The Worms
11. Stop
12. The Trial
13. Outside The Wall
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 07-10-2012, 09:58 AM
somebody somewhere

I saw this at the L.A. Coliseum last May. Tickets were expensive, but best stage show I have ever seen. Glad you liked it.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Music? Yeah... it's my life.

Yep - This was the most amazing visual experience ever...

I saw this a couple of weeks ago in Hartford, CT - 2 days after seeing Iron Maiden, and I have to say.. I was "Iron Who?" after this show!

Lots of videos on my youtube page (toolfansat).
12/5 Gary Hoey
12/19 TSO
Old 07-10-2012, 03:52 PM
N00B

Without question this is THE BEST concert ive ever witnessed!!!!!! Words cant describe how amazing it was. Ive seen Roger Waters a total of 4 times since 2006.

Dark Side Of The Moon twice and now The Wall twice.

The visuals on this tour trump anything ive seen, the sound is prestine. Roger's backing band plays everything to a T and doesnt miss a beat. Just the fact that The Wall is built infront of your eyes is enough to blow your mind. After it all comes CRASHING down, Roger and co. come out to play "Outside The Wall" and it all starts to hit you as to what you have just witnessed.

Sheer Brilliance. I would pay to see this again in a heartbeat.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:31 PM
N00B

not trying to knock the overall experience b/c i've watched some videos myself and they were stunning, but you're aware Waters is lip-syncing most of the show right? i understand why, but it's still kinda shitty.
Mineral-9/6
Joyce Manor-9/15
Uncle Acid-9/26
Old 07-11-2012, 04:39 AM
N00B

Waiting For The Worms has a lip synched part for sure, when he uses the Megaphone. It sounds too close to the album for him to be doing it live. Other then that and maybe one other part, he's singing. The backing vocalists are KILLER!! Robbie Wyckoff sounds exactly like Gilmour.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Professor Nutbutter

saw the show in st louis in 2010 and nashville 3 weeks ago. there were several differences in the shows (for one, the 2012 shows are about 7-8 minutes longer for each set). in either case it is a visual masterpiece.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:47 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

I saw this show in November of 2010 at the Staple Center in Hollywood. I believe it was the November 29th show(Roger had three shows in a row at the staple center, and me and my friend scored tickets for the 2nd one i believe), I still have my ticket laying somewhere around here, easily one of the greatest shows of my life. Glad you had a great time irritated trout. You should of snuck in some cheeba cheeba and light one up while you were there, my friends and I were lighting up through out the entire evening of the show.

And yeah I agree, the intermission part was a big "wtf" moment for me. I think it lasted like 20 minutes.

Awesome review, glad you go to witness this epic tour. Easily one the greatest shows that i have had the chance to attend and easily the number one show of 2010 for me.
11/14 - Slayer

Tags
roger waters