Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Moscow Metal Meeting 2015 -- Moscow, Russia -- August 29th, 2015
Riot Fest -- Denver, CO -- August 28th, 2015
Adler -- Uncasville, CT -- August 28th, 2015
Sonic Pulse -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 27th, 2015
Metallica -- Moscow, Russia -- August 27th, 2015


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

View Poll Results: Favorite Pantera Album?
Metal Magic 1 2.00%
Projects in the Jungle 0 0%
I Am The Night 0 0%
Power Metal 5 10.00%
Cowboys From Hell 7 14.00%
Vulgar Display of Power 15 30.00%
Far Beyond Driven 9 18.00%
The Great Southern Trendkill 12 24.00%
Reinventing the Steel 1 2.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old 07-02-2014, 09:50 AM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is offline
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausea View Post



Okay so I don't disagree with this perse, however I assert that lessor quality later work shouldn't detract from the greatness of earlier work. Completely agree Metallica should lose fans after load, reload, st anger, DM... However making St. Anger shouldn't make MOP any less great/special.
Should lose fans? Yes. Should not gain new ones? Absolutely not.
__________________
6/28 - Def Leppard/Styx/Tesla
8/29 - Rick Springfield/Loverboy/The Romantics
8/30 - Motley Crue
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 07-02-2014, 10:27 AM
AnthG AnthG is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 2,386
I just find it ironic that the person who's claiming people are fickle and just hate stuff that's easy to hate and change their opinion of a band is the same person who said "Fuck Green Day" in another thread, you know, another band that lost a lot of fans when they changed musically.
__________________
09/27 - Cattle Decapitation
09/30 - Revocation
10/04 - The Black Dahlia Murder
11/12 - Kataklysm
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 07-02-2014, 10:39 AM
slapguitarer's Avatar
slapguitarer slapguitarer is offline
Metal Setlists Elitist Committee
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Jose
Posts: 6,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
I just find it ironic that the person who's claiming people are fickle and just hate stuff that's easy to hate and change their opinion of a band is the same person who said "Fuck Green Day" in another thread, you know, another band that lost a lot of fans when they changed musically.
yeah but he said fuck green day because green day always sucked because punk sucks. it was his 2,000th post, you should've read it better. it was quite the occasion.
__________________
8/29 LSD and the Search for God
9/8 Minsk/SUBROSA
9/9 Creepers/Tony Molina/Drag Majesty
10/10-11 CDF
10/25-26 Thou & The Body
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 07-02-2014, 11:25 AM
Nausea's Avatar
Nausea Nausea is offline
Metal Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: NY
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
I just find it ironic that the person who's claiming people are fickle and just hate stuff that's easy to hate and change their opinion of a band is the same person who said "Fuck Green Day" in another thread, you know, another band that lost a lot of fans when they changed musically.
That's not Irony or being fickle, because I've never liked Green Day. I don't necessarily hate punk either. Like I listened to Good Charlotte debut album once, and it wasn't the worst thing I've ever heard.

Also... I wasn't claiming anyone here was being fickle. Maybe people are, how am I supposed to know? Maybe people here always hated LOG, and they are just being consistent with their hate. My comments were only generalizations about the entire metal community which is much larger than this small message board.

In conclusion - Fuck Green Day. Especially Billie. I don't have a good reason for my hate, other than I'm no fan of his voice, guitar, or song writing.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 07-02-2014, 11:30 AM
AnthG AnthG is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 2,386
I'm not a big fan of punk, but calling Good Charlotte "punk"? Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapguitarer View Post
yeah but he said fuck green day because green day always sucked because punk sucks. it was his 2,000th post, you should've read it better. it was quite the occasion.
That was TWATTY. I was referring to Nausea.
__________________
09/27 - Cattle Decapitation
09/30 - Revocation
10/04 - The Black Dahlia Murder
11/12 - Kataklysm
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 07-02-2014, 11:32 AM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 23,339
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausea View Post
I don't necessarily hate punk either. Like I listened to Good Charlotte debut album once, and it wasn't the worst thing I've ever heard.
w

wat
__________________
07/22 - Melt-Banana
07/26 - Forever Came Calling & Primitive Man
07/30 - Warped (?)
08/05 - Knockout Kid
08/07 - Fireworks (?)
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 07-02-2014, 12:04 PM
Nausea's Avatar
Nausea Nausea is offline
Metal Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: NY
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
I'm not a big fan of punk, but calling Good Charlotte "punk"? Lol.
They are often labeled that way from what I've seen. Okay Then how about Rancid or the Ramones? I saw both of them back at Lollapalooza 1996 and I enjoyed their sets. They weren't nearly as good as Soundgarden or Metallica that year, but the whole show was pretty awesome. Especially the Shaolin buddhist monks
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 07-02-2014, 12:58 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 20,092
I absolutely agree with Nat on the "lose the spark = lose the fans" theory. It's pretty offensive that Metallica have gotten away with all the shit they have yet are still able to play arenas in this country. They should be playing 2000 seat clubs on a good night.
__________________
You know its true, bunny rabbits we have got lovely little fluffy bottoms. We do. That's why people often mistake us for Danny Devito.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 07-02-2014, 02:16 PM
marker marker is offline
somebody somewhere
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Anaheim , CA
Posts: 937
[quote=JRA;578747] They should be playing 2000 seat clubs on a good night.[/QUOTE

Ridiculous statement. Legendary bands who sell that many records will always be huge.
I get your point though.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 07-02-2014, 05:05 PM
John The Drummer's Avatar
John The Drummer John The Drummer is offline
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,312
WHY HAS GOOD CHARLOTTE AND GREEN DAY BEEN BROUGHT UP IN A PANTERA THREAD!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

WALK ON HOME, BOYS!!!!
__________________
Dalla Nebbia
facebook.com/dallanebbiamusic

Funeral Age
funeralage.com

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:48 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008