Mastodon -- Newcastle, England -- November 25th, 2014
Exodus -- West Springfield, VA -- November 25th, 2014
Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014

Old 06-30-2012, 12:45 PM
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
When I saw Watain for the first time, there was some guy next to my cutting his wrists with a razor blade

Archgoat decided it was a good idea to throw goat blood at the crowd. I smelled like shit for a few days
That reminds me of a Watain story myself

One of their guitarists thought it would be cool and evil to kick everyone in the front of the stage in the face during their set. No one was attempting to do anything, just enjoying the *ahem* "ritual".

Also, when I saw Devin Townsend the first time, they were experiencing some technical difficulties, so they went into some big freestyle jam session. During this Devin jumped off the side of the stage and ran up the stairs into the bar. Security was PISSED . He finally got back on stage, and motioned like he was going to do it again, but security just stared at him and shook their heads hahahaah.

Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom
Old 06-30-2012, 02:26 PM
Meh.

The only really memorable thing for me is from last year's Ensiferum show at Reggie's. There was this really scrawny kid with glasses and chain mail of all things, just going all out in the pit. Oh and some guy got thrown out during the very last song of the show for being rowdy, which I thought was funny.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:46 PM
"I call it torture you call it life. A slave to money and everything I despise"

A few memorable moments come to mind. The first one was when I saw Alice in Chains in Portland, ME a few years ago. Some guy started pushing and shoving his way to the front, and got pissed and started punching people when they wouldn't let him through. Security came in and pulled him out, and Jerry Cantrell says, "make sure he buys a t-shirt on the way out." I don't know why, but I thought that was hilarious.

Another one was when I went to see Revocation headline at the Waterfront Tavern in Holyoke, MA. My brother drove 2 hours with me just cause I wanted to see Revocation headline and we figured we'd make a trip out of it, and when we showed up there were only about 20 hardcore fans and us. All the other bands playing that night were hardcore, and by the time Revocation came on only about 5 other people were there,other than the members of the other band members. David Davidson said at the start of the show, "welcome to the first annual disinterested fest."

The last one was when I was on my way home from seeing Ghoul at Great Scott in Allston. Some gut pulled up to me at a red light, and he was glaring into the car. I noticed that he kept looking over, and asked him what was up. He just said nothin much, and started pulling away, looking back at me. I was a little confused, until I realized about 10 minutes later that I was still covered in fake blood from the show. The guy probably thought it was real blood and was freaked out!
1/2 Forn
1/11 Mayhem/Revenge
2/7 Napalm Death
Old 06-30-2012, 08:21 PM
N00B

My band had played a show a few months ago with a band called rookie of the year. They are an awful acoustic pop punk band. We were only playing becuase the venue had asked a few local bands to open the show. But anyway there were like 10 bands playing. The show had the wierdest lineup, and it was a monday night in lemoyne, pa. Middle of now where. The place was legit empty for rookie of the queer. It was me, my guitarist, and one other guy in a place that can hold 500. The sound guy wasn't even there. But there were bugs everywhere and the guys is singing in his very femine way he does and this big honkin bug flies right into his mouth lol. He just totally flips and just runs out. We made like 20 bucks that night haha.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:28 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Kinda random but during the Chicago Summer Slaughter last year we had one of the dates where Whitechapel was sick so they started late, so during the wait there were two hot chicks in the balcony teasing the crowd so everyone starts the show your tits chant. After like 10 minutes the drummer of guitarist of Whitechapel come on stage to see whats going on and end up making a beat and telling the crowd to continue.

Then out of no where the team America fuck yea song starts playing and the entire place just starts singing along.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:54 PM
That Guy

My favorite random story:

Halloween 2010. Abigial Williams is openeing for Nevermore and Warbringer at Station 4 in St Paul. After the show a friend of mine who was producing my old band's album at the time invited me up to his place above Station 4 to check out the mix of a few tracks.

While listening I hear a gigantic crash outside. I look outside to see what happened and I see a gigantic pile of guardrail piled together. After a few minutes I decide to go outside and see whats up.

When I get down there I see Ken and Ian of Abigail Williams laughing their asses off. I ask them if they knew what happened outside a few minutes and Ken proceeds to tell me:

"John Kevill from Warbringer and I seen all these guardrail not being used so we thought 'Hey, lets build a pyramid!" so we carefully put together a fully functional stand alone guardrail pyramid. Once it was put together. I got in the middle of it and had Ian take a picture. once the picture was taken, fucking John toppled the whole thing over and hauled ass outta here."

So after seeing pics of the pyramid, Ken in the Pyramid and the aftermath of the pyramid, we all laughed our asses off.

Afterwards I was invited by a friend of mine to go party with Abigail Williams, but this was back when I lived an hour and a half away from St. Paul and not 25 minutes like I do now, so I had to decline. Although the next time I saw Abigail Williams, during my interview with them back in February, I brought this story up and they laughed their asses off about it.

Old 07-01-2012, 12:54 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Old 07-01-2012, 09:29 AM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

-Some random opening band for...I can't even remember what show: they were some shitty emo band, and between songs the singer said "Everyone yell out your favorite color!" A couple people did. "Hear that? You just made a rainbow!" Stone cold silence.

-Wild Flag, New Haven, CT: It was the first show of the tour, so they had to shake off some rust. Late in the set after a song, Mary waved bye to the crowd, set down her guitar, and started walking off the stage. The rest of the band just stared at her until she realized they still had another song to go. Also, during the show there were TVs showing an NBA game and Carrie kept asking what the score was.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:34 AM
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
-Some random opening band for...I can't even remember what show: they were some shitty emo band, and between songs the singer said "Everyone yell out your favorite color!" A couple people did. "Hear that? You just made a rainbow!" Stone cold silence.

Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom
Old 07-01-2012, 09:52 AM
N00B

-When I saw Obituary in 2009, it was in this bar and there was no rail, so everyone in the front was right against the stage. Some asshole kept crowdsurfing on the stage and one of the times landed right on Ralph Santolla's pedal board, which knocked out his guitar for the rest of the song. He got really pissed and shoved the guy and after the song grabbed his cigarettes and was about to storm off stage, but the band convinced him to do the last song before the encore. I just remembered this too, earlier in their set, his guitar strap came off and the singer from Warbringer ran on stage to try to and get it back on, but gave up and left.

-On Type O Negative's last tour, during Christian Woman, someone threw a shoe on stage and Peter stopped singing/playing, picked up the shoe, smelled it, and threw it back into the crowd. It was amazing.