Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Ghost -- Toronto, ON -- April 17, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13, 2014
The Goddamn Gallows -- Long Beach, CA -- April 16th, 2014
Unearth -- Ottawa, Ontario -- April 15th, 2014
Black Sabbath -- Ottawa, Ontario -- April 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 06-28-2012, 03:07 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev View Post
That's not a joke, that's the exact reason this dipshit should have never been on the stage and whatever happened to him was an immediate result of his own stupidity
Exactly. Nobody should go up on stage during a concert, unless the band invites them up which i've seen before. Any other time though
Old 06-28-2012, 03:10 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Exactly. Nobody should go up on stage during a concert, unless the band invites them up which i've seen before. Any other time though
That's why KoRn has huge ass bodyguards ON THE STAGE(and I saw them beat the piss out of one moron, ironically during the line in "Falling Away From Me" about "Beating me down to the ground")

Hell last year at Volbeat this guy ran up on stage 3 times, last time security grabbed his shirt and he went face first into the railing
Mayhem Festival
Kiss/Def Leppard
Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
Old 06-28-2012, 03:19 PM
N00B

Everyone deserves to have fun at a show but if you're willing to do something like get on stage you're subjecting yourself to whatever happens.

And if you're Randy Blythe on stage and some crazy fan gets up there, how is he to know he won't do some more crazy shit? Security must've been slacking.

Condolences to the family and the person that died, but if it was THAT serious when it happened, how come this wasn't taken care of 2 years ago at that time?

Hope Randy is released and able to continue. It's too bad he deleted his twitter with all the shit he would go off on! Here's to Gojira ditching Dethklok and headlining a smaller US tour with a longer setlist!
Old 06-28-2012, 03:19 PM
Peace on earth sells... but who's buying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev View Post
That's not a joke, that's the exact reason this dipshit should have never been on the stage and whatever happened to him was an immediate result of his own stupidity
From what I remember, the guy came from behind the stage... and had a gun.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:24 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
From what I remember, the guy came from behind the stage... and had a gun.
He was in the crowd and made his way up there

Funny story though, back in 2003 I ended up onstage at a LOG show, they let me stay there and Randy hugged me after
Mayhem Festival
Kiss/Def Leppard
Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
Old 06-28-2012, 04:04 PM
Bring Me The Horizon > Opeth

100% nothing will happen to Randy or the band. At all. At most, they won't be able to perform there again any time soon. Maybe a settlement with the victim's family.
04/24 - Iron Reagan
05/13 - SLAYER
Old 06-28-2012, 04:23 PM
From beyond beyond the thunder dome

I have mixed feelings about people being on stage. When I see someone jump on stage and the band is cool with it that shows me the band is down-to-earth as far as their fans go. It's a given that bands like The Dillinger Escape Plan, Converge, and [insert random Hardcore band here] are going to have people on stage and sometimes Lamb of God ends up in that list. It seems like today when bands have illustrious stage shows (take Rammstein for example) they can't have people on stage for fear of them catching on fire or something similar. But in the case of Lamb of God, I'd say Randy was a bit in the wrong for literally kicking a fan off stage (unless said fan was being a dick to anyone on or near the stage). Besides, I've seen plenty of shows where fans got on stage with Lamb of God and they were cool with it, now all of a sudden Randy kills a poor guy who tried to do the same.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:26 PM
Bring Me The Horizon > Opeth

When you crowd surf up on stage, you have about 3 seconds to launch yourself back into the crowd or to get off-stage before you become an annoying piece of shit. No trying to take pictures of yourself on stage. No dancing. No headbanging, unless you do it very briefly and then stage-dive. This is the code. Learn it well.
04/24 - Iron Reagan
05/13 - SLAYER
Old 06-28-2012, 04:29 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
When you crowd surf up on stage, you have about 3 seconds to launch yourself back into the crowd or to get off-stage before you become an annoying piece of shit. No trying to take pictures of yourself on stage. No dancing. No headbanging, unless you do it very briefly and then stage-dive. This is the code. Learn it well.
This, and to be honest even the stage diving is starting to get annoying

and yeah some small hardcore shows people may run up onstage, but usually its at the end
Mayhem Festival
Kiss/Def Leppard
Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
Old 06-28-2012, 04:31 PM
Peace on earth sells... but who's buying?

Yeah it's part of the bro code. Tony from MW pulled a guys pants down cause he was hanging out too long a couple weeks ago and basically reiterated that.