Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

The Story So Far -- Lawrence, KS -- September 30th, 2014
Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014
Saviours -- San Francisco, CA -- September 27th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 06-27-2012, 12:06 PM
That Guy

New Interviews with Iced Earth and Volbeat

Yesterday was one of the best days of my life meeting Iced Earth for the second time.. I got to go on the tour bus and hang out with Jon for quite a while in the back of the bus. He is very informative and let me in on a lot of great new stuff in the works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2x3x4w2NuE

The interview with Jon Larsen of Volbeat....well you'll be able to tell how it went by checking it out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_r5BzPrNXA
Old 06-27-2012, 12:12 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Nice job man.

Iced Earth one was great and the Volbeat was good to a point.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:14 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Nice job man.

Iced Earth one was great and the Volbeat was good to a point.
Thanks man. I have video versions of both interviews, but my computer is really being a bitch lately (as anyone can tell by recent facebook posts) so I just posted the audio version until I can get the videos working right.

The audio is more important to me anyways.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:05 PM
That Guy

I wasn't going to post this story but fuck it. I'm still pissed about it...

I was suppose to be interviewing Michael from Volbeat. at first they told me "5 minute interview, as fast as possible. Volbeat is a very busy, important band."

As soon as they heard that I had a syndicated radio show....

"We want a video interview that you can put on Youtube. You can make it as long as you want. Michael is looking forward to it."

Then comes Tuesday at 1pm. I get into Volbeat's Green room. And they ask what station I am a part of. I list off the stations that are internet radio and FM radio. and over the Walkie Talkie I hear Michael say "If he is not a part of 93X (the local rock station here) I'm not doing it."

So they send in Jon Larsen, who is the drummer of Volbeat, and if you listen to first 15 seconds of the interview, he couldn't have been LESS interested in doing an interview. The whole thing speaks for itself.

Knowing how shitty everything went, my bassist, who is my cameraman for video interviews, said to him how much he loved the Johnny Cash cover they do (which is Sad Man's Tongue....not a cover) He got pretty offended and said "Well a lot of people have said that to us, so we must be doing something right." then after a unwanted handshake and me thanking him for the interview. he stormed off. then I went to Iced Earth's tour bus to interview Jon Schaffer.

Now the part that seems sketchy, why isn't the video of these interviews up yet? My computer sucks ass and for some reason isn't allowing me to convert video to make it fit on Windows Movie maker to synch the audio I recorded on my Zoom H2. So since I do a RADIO show. I care more about the audio, and posted that. And both interviews will be on my show next week.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:10 PM
Žķestru

Volbeat came out of nowhere, and that's where they should have stayed. Fuck that band.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:19 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fates Guardian View Post
Volbeat came out of nowhere, and that's where they should have stayed. Fuck that band.
The sad part is that I defended these guys to the death. They get a lot of hate from metal fans up here because they are on the radio all the time now. And I would defend them saying they are just a catchy hard Rock/Metal band who can write good music.

I didn't realize how much of an ego a person can get once you get exposure. I still like the music, but fuck it, I won't support them anymore.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:55 PM
N00B

That's weird, I've met Volbeat twice and they were really nice guys when I talked to them(especially Anders)

and Hank from Mercyful Fate is really cool too
Living Colour
Slipknot/KoRn
Old 06-28-2012, 06:03 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev View Post
That's weird, I've met Volbeat twice and they were really nice guys when I talked to them(especially Anders)

and Hank from Mercyful Fate is really cool too
Neither of them are Michael or Jon

My only guess is that, they feel differently about press then they do fan. If I met them after the show, they could have been the coolest dudes ever. But since I was doing an interview on a smaller scale, they might not have been interested at all.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:21 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Neither of them are Michael or Jon

My only guess is that, they feel differently about press then they do fan. If I met them after the show, they could have been the coolest dudes ever. But since I was doing an interview on a smaller scale, they might not have been interested at all.
Talked to both of them at a CD signing where they were nothing but nice to every last person(not to mention they showed up EARLY unlike every other band that showed up 10-20 min late)

Maybe they just don't like radio interviews(have you met most radio people in the US? Some can be pretty douchy), hell Jon pointed me out at a show and handed me his drumstick
Living Colour
Slipknot/KoRn
Old 06-28-2012, 06:25 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev View Post
Talked to both of them at a CD signing where they were nothing but nice to every last person(not to mention they showed up EARLY unlike every other band that showed up 10-20 min late)

Maybe they just don't like radio interviews(have you met most radio people in the US? Some can be pretty douchy), hell Jon pointed me out at a show and handed me his drumstick
Jon Schaffer threw a pic to me but some guy jumped right in front of me to get it.