Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014
Saviours -- San Francisco, CA -- September 27th, 2014
Styx -- Peachtree City, GA -- September 27th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 06-26-2012, 03:49 AM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Anyone who complains about this setlist is just being an ass.
Yes, obviously. It can't be because Maiden aren't playing that person's favorite songs... it's just that they're an ass
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 06-26-2012, 04:49 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutal_descent View Post
Yes, obviously. It can't be because Maiden aren't playing that person's favorite songs... it's just that they're an ass
I never sad anyone who's complaining is "an ass". I said they're just "being an ass"

You know what though, Maiden isn't playing a lot of my personal favorites on this tour either, so what? I just accept it and move on. That's a strange concept I know, but it's really that simple. If the band doesn't wanna play certian songs anymore than there's nothing that can be done about that. I love Infinite Dreams and was disappointed it wasn't in the set, but if the band doesn't wanna do it then what's the point of bitching about it? It won't change their minds all of a sudden.

On the 2010 tour they completely ignored my favorite era of the band by not doing anything off POM-7th Son. Sure, a lot of fans including myself were upset with that. But what can you do about it? I just accepted it and moved on, went to the show and loved it. People just need to not take it as a personal shot at them when Maiden doesn't play this or that. When a band has as many great songs as they do, it's impossible to please everybody. Just be happy that they're playing a kick ass set this tour and enjoy the show
Old 06-26-2012, 06:17 AM
Your friends from Langley are back again...

I really like this Maiden set.. Seventh Son is one of my fav's

It'd be fun to see Alice Cooper too I've never had a chance to do so yet.. maybe I think this is coming to town Friday I should think about going
Old 06-26-2012, 08:42 AM
When will Jesus bring the pork chops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fates Guardian View Post
That's what I meant though. I don't expect Bruce to nail it. The song is great enough in itself that it would still be amazing to hear live. I mean, listen to that buildup, that solo section, the transition back into the main melody - all amazing, and Bruce doesn't even have to open his mouth. I am a hopeless 'Caught Somewhere in Time' fanboy though (it's by far my favorite Maiden song), so maybe no one should listen to me. Except the band. Play it, you bastards! =D
Exactly why it's my favorite Maiden song too. Id love nothing more than for them to play it. We can still dream.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:06 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post

3. Caught Somewhere In Time will never be played again because the band thought it sounded like shit live.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:04 AM
somebody somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
It's probably not so much the notes as it is the amount of sustain and pitch changing Bruce uses in the chorus that causes him to mess it up live. If I could enjoy Rob Halford singing Painkiller from 2004-2009 though, I sure as hell could enjoy Bruce doing Caught Somewhere in Time today.
I was talking more about Eagles, than CSIT.
Eagles would be a lot harder in my opinion, has to be one of the hardest Maiden tunes to sing live. And like you said the chorus for CSIT wouldn't be easy, but I think he could do that one.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:54 PM
Festival Pole

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolfansat View Post
Thanks to whoever mentioned getting a tour shirt at Hot Topic!
Got mine today for $20.50!!! Sure as hell beats $45 at the venue!!
THANKS!
Large has sold out, just since last night when I ordered mine!?
Old 06-26-2012, 02:09 PM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

Well, not that it's that big of a deal there (well to me it is) but it's not a real tour shirt if you ask me. I mean the back is not the same at all and the front is not exactly the same as the drawing is in a circle kind of.

Anyway, I know most of you guys are broken students so I guess this is better than nothing

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Last edited by PowerMaiden; 06-26-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:53 PM
N00B

I made it to this show, and sweet baby Jesus was it incredible. Easily my favorite show of the year (although Rammstein is still a pretty close second place).

The story of how I made it is ridiculous though. Originally, I had plans to see the opening night of this tour in Charlotte. I had tickets and everything, and planning on catching it on the way to Atlantic City for Orion. However, I had just recently taken off for a week at my new job for Bonnaroo (best week of my life btw), and just couldn't risk losing my job for missing too many days for this too. So I had to sell the tickets and I was saddened I couldn't see Maiden (or Metallica too, for that matter), since even if I missed Orion, I couldn't justify calling off and driving up to Charlotte just for Maiden.

I could justify driving to Atlanta though, despite it not looking possible. Once I sold the tickets, I figured all hope was lost. Seeing the setlist online, I was heartbroken, knowing I was going to miss this amazing, once-in-a-lifetime set. See, SSOASS is my second favorite Maiden song, after Rime of the Ancient Mariner, and POTA is my third. On top of that, SSOASS is also my favorite album, and they were playing tons of awesome other songs I hadn't seen them do before (they only played six of the songs on this set that they also played in Tampa in 2011). Now it was the day of the show, and I was going to work in the morning. Normally we stay open until around 3PM on Saturdays, but we actually finished at 1:45 this time. When I realized that I could actually make it to the show if I made it there in around six hours, I waited not a second more make my decision. I stopped home, grabbed a change a clothes (including my Maiden shirt I bought at the Tampa show ), and was on the road by 2:30.

What I didn't realize is that to make it in six hours, you have to speed almost the entire way. I knew what I had to do, so I sped most of the way, trying to look out to cops so I don't get a hefty tickets. Many obstacles got in my way, such as stopping for gas twice, two semi trucks crashed together on the interstate, and speed detection devices used on many of Georgia's freeways. I finally, to much avail, made it to Atlanta, and was parked at Aaron's Ampitheatre at 8:53. I ran to the box office (because it was going to take too fucking long to walk), and was pleased to not hear Maiden playing yet. Lawn was the best option available, so I took what I could. After all, any Maiden is better than no Maiden.

Side tidbit: Not only is Aaron's a Live Nation owned venue, but so is the 1-800-Ask-Gary Ampitheatre in Tampa, where I've attended a large number of shows over the last few years. Every time I've gotten pit tickets there, I started to notice that every time, they would give you the same red wristband to get in. After whatever my last show there was, I decided to keep my wristband because you never know. I brought the same wristband with me to this show too, on the off chance that they use the same wristbands. I also brought various wristbands from other shows too just in case. As I started to look around the food court area for anybody with a wristband, I started to hear the crowd cheering and the spoken word intro to Moonchild come on. I took the chance and just used the red one I mentioned, and I got in the fucking pit! And I shit you not, less than ten seconds after getting in the pit, the band exploded onstage.

And oh man was it glorious. I've been to many, many shows, and this was the first time I ever teared up at a show. It was half in amazement that I was at a Maiden show, but half that I MADE A SIX AND A HALF HOUR DRIVE, AND MADE IT IN THE PIT WITH LESS THAN TEN SECONDS TO SPARE. It was unreal.

And the setlist is phenomenal. I would have changed some things myself, as many would. Infinite Dreams really was the only big omission, and should have been there instead of ATSS. I would have also liked to see Wrathchild in there, maybe in place of 2MTM, since Killers needed some representation. I also could do without Fear of the Dark (took a break for water here) or the song Iron Maiden (although the Eddie statue thing was fucking awesome and totally justified them playing that song). But when they played SSOASS, actually shed a tear or two, which has also never happened to me before. It was one of the best things I've ever seen, as that song was clearly the centerpiece of the show. Bonus points to the beast during TNOTB, and super bonus points to Eddie during RTTH.

During the whole show, I was tired, exhausted, hungry, dehydrated, and sweaty, but none of that mattered, because it was all worth it. I got a tour shirt while I was there (the one above, actually), which is very cool. Also, at the very end of the show, as the band said goodbye and threw out their picks, sticks, and I wristbands, I also happened to be lucky enough to catch one of Nicko's wristbands! It was incredibly awesome. I also tried to get the setlist itself after the show, but the crew wouldn't give it to anyone.

If you have the chance to see them this tour, DO IT! Especially if you live close, you must go to this. Make sure you see Alice too. I missed him obviously, but I also have seen him twice before (once in December, and again for a bit at Bonnaroo), so if you haven't seen him, don't miss that. I'm so glad I was able to see this, and it will be hard for another show to top it this year,
3/2 - Dropkick Murphys
3/11 - Meshuggah
3/12 - Tenacious D
Old 06-27-2012, 12:11 AM
Žķestru

Killer story man! I'm glad things fell into place for you. It was obviously your destiny to see Iron Maiden on that night, just as it was mine. (I almost couldn't go to the show either because my chain of command suddenly started being buttholes about me taking Saturday night off, despite it having been approved long ago. But I won that battle. The Battle for Iron Maiden.)

Tags
alice cooper, iron maiden