Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014
Nuclear War Now! Fest IV -- Berlin, Germany -- November 7-8th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- November 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 06-25-2012, 11:18 AM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I was reading through the thread for this show on the Iron Maiden forum and somebody posted that they ran into Rod Smallwood at a bar after the show and talked to him about the setlist.

Here are some of the things Rod said:

1. Infinite Dreams was rehearsed and originally in the setlist but for reasons he didn't say, the band decided to go with ATSS instead

2. Hallowed Be Thy Name will not be back this tour. The band just decided to drop it for once.

3. Caught Somewhere In Time will never be played again because the band thought it sounded like shit live.

I'm not sure if this means Infinite Dreams won't be brought in at some point but if it isn't a "for sure" song on this tour then the likelyhood of them playing it again is not very good. Maybe if ATSS doesn't go over too well after a few shows they'll put Infinite Dreams in it's place.
Well hopefully Infinite Dreams pops up soon then. Lame that they will never play Caught Somewhere in Time though.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:03 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
3. Caught Somewhere In Time will never be played again because the band thought it sounded like shit live.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:34 PM
N00B

CSIT and Flight of Icarus are 2 of the best Maiden songs and they never wanna play them. Shit
Linkin Park/Rise Against
Old 06-25-2012, 04:55 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Great show, 2nd row in the pit on Steve's side. I loved the dick balloon Bruce found.

Would still swap 2 Minutes for Infinite and Fear for Die With Your Boots on but I'm loving every second of these shows. After two nights I gotta say that The Prisoner has got to be the highlight of the set. I've been really freakin digging the one-two punch of Moonchild and Madness.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 06-25-2012, 06:07 PM
Žķestru

I disagree with them about 'Caught Somewhere in Time' sounding bad live. I've seen a video of them performing it back in 1986, and besides Bruce being rather off in places, the song sounded excellent. It's their song and they can choose not to play it, of course, but I think their reasoning is wrong. Oh well.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:09 PM
somebody somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fates Guardian View Post
I disagree with them about 'Caught Somewhere in Time' sounding bad live. I've seen a video of them performing it back in 1986, and besides Bruce being rather off in places, the song sounded excellent. It's their song and they can choose not to play it, of course, but I think their reasoning is wrong. Oh well.
But watching some video doesn't always tell the whole story. And Bruce isn't the same singer he was in 86', although he is still really good. Might be why Where Eagles dare hasn't been in the set for so many years. That has to be a bitch to pull off live.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:30 PM
One who onions things

It's probably not so much the notes as it is the amount of sustain and pitch changing Bruce uses in the chorus that causes him to mess it up live. If I could enjoy Rob Halford singing Painkiller from 2004-2009 though, I sure as hell could enjoy Bruce doing Caught Somewhere in Time today.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:45 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
Let's not overreact now

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickLed19 View Post
CSIT and Flight of Icarus are 2 of the best Maiden songs and they never wanna play them. Shit
This surely can't come as a surprise to you or anybody? If they were gonna play these songs anymore they would've done it by now. It's been known for many years that Steve doesn't like Icarus so there's no chance of that getting played again. If the band as a whole thinks CSIT sounds bad live then there's really nothing we can do about that. No band will play a song, no matter how good it is, if they think it doesn't work live. They played it back in '86 probably because they had to and that's it.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:27 PM
Žķestru

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker View Post
But watching some video doesn't always tell the whole story. And Bruce isn't the same singer he was in 86', although he is still really good. Might be why Where Eagles dare hasn't been in the set for so many years. That has to be a bitch to pull off live.
That's what I meant though. I don't expect Bruce to nail it. The song is great enough in itself that it would still be amazing to hear live. I mean, listen to that buildup, that solo section, the transition back into the main melody - all amazing, and Bruce doesn't even have to open his mouth. I am a hopeless 'Caught Somewhere in Time' fanboy though (it's by far my favorite Maiden song), so maybe no one should listen to me. Except the band. Play it, you bastards! =D
Old 06-26-2012, 04:21 AM
N00B

cant wait til tonight...cant concentrate @ work..

Tags
alice cooper, iron maiden