The Goddamn Gallows -- Long Beach, CA -- April 16th, 2014
Unearth -- Ottawa, Ontario -- April 15th, 2014
Black Sabbath -- Ottawa, Ontario -- April 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 06-22-2012, 02:29 AM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
I'm totally cool with that. Some people are always gonna get butthurt if they drop NOTB, Run, Hallowed, Trooper or FOTD but it makes room for another awesome song you won't ever get a chance to hear live again.
Yup, made room for Running Free.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:51 AM
The time has come for all to see the men behind the curtain cast into disease

I'm definitely shocked Hallowed isn't in there, but when they're playing Seventh Son, Aces High, Phantom, and The Prisoner in the same set, fuck it. We've all seen it before, anyway.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:37 AM
N00B

awesomeness!!
Old 06-22-2012, 04:42 AM
N00B

I'm extra pumped now, seeing some songs I've not seen then play live, as I'm not an...older...fan.

(Prisoner, Afraid..., Phantom, running free, 7th son (and/or Moonchild...trying to recall))
Old 06-22-2012, 05:05 AM
N00B

Man, first time seeing Maiden, and it was indeed a great show. However, the sound could have been waaaay better (it all seemed to get muddied at times and sound like just a bunch of noise), and God was it hot til the sun set.

It was awesome seeing families of all ages going to this together. I sat beside a couple who brought their four year old son to his first show

For future reference, Verizon Wireless Amphitheater in Charlotte is perhaps the worst venue on the planet...almost.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:25 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickLed19 View Post
No Hallowed? You cannot be serious.
I'm actually OK with that. Except for FOTD every staple they've got Wrathchild, Beast, Hills, Trooper, 2 Mins and Evil Men Do have all gotten a break at some point over the last few tours. Maybe it's just Hallowed's time to take a break now. The way I see it is they've traded Hallowed for 7th Son, which really isn't a bad trade in my book.

Overall, I think the set is really good except for Running Free which is just an awful song by Maiden standards. While I do like Afraid To Shoot Strangers, i'm not sure about it's inclusion in the set and how well it will go over with the crowd.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:36 AM
N00B

Despite the fact that there's no Infinite dreams, I've only heard four of the seventeen songs before. Hopefully the set doesn't get cut. Afraid to shoot strangers is really out of place but still, It's Maiden thinking outside the box. I'm glad there's no Hallowed. It needs a break! Although not a perfect set, phantom, Aces High, seventh son...Damn!
Old 06-22-2012, 05:59 AM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I'm actually OK with that. Except for FOTD every staple they've got Wrathchild, Beast, Hills, Trooper, 2 Mins and Evil Men Do have all gotten a break at some point over the last few tours. Maybe it's just Hallowed's time to take a break now. The way I see it is they've traded Hallowed for 7th Son, which really isn't a bad trade in my book.

Overall, I think the set is really good except for Running Free which is just an awful song by Maiden standards. While I do like Afraid To Shoot Strangers, i'm not sure about it's inclusion in the set and how well it will go over with the crowd.
They should save Afraid to Shoot Strangers for another tour. Switch it out for Infinite Dreams. And if I had it my way I'd also switch out Fear of the Dark for Caught Somewhere In Time and Running Free for Killers.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:26 AM
N00B

What a great set list! Only one more week!

One more thing, I don't think the order for Alice's set is correct. There's a clip on YouTube that just surfaced of him playing "Feed My Frankenstein" and "Poison" appeared to be right after that. Also, someone in the comments said that they played an excerpt of "I Love The Dead" after "Wicked Young Man", which is what they usually do during the guillotine bit. If it's consistent with his normal set the order would have been:

The Black Widow
Brutal Planet
No More Mr. Nice Guy
Hey Stoopid
I'll Bite Your Face Off
Feed My Frankenstein
Poison
Wicked Young Man
I Love The Dead (excerpt)
School's Out
Elected

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25X5R1X8SfE