Queen -- Columbia, MD -- July 20th, 2014
Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014

Old 06-16-2012, 08:13 AM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

Marduk -- Seattle, WA -- June 15th, 2012

This was an all around great show, it is just so unfortunate that the crowd absolutely sucked. Prior to the show when I was setting up my drums in the green room I was talking to the drummer of Weapon. Really cool dude and he has said the whole tour has been amazing. He also mentioned a tour currently in the works, I really wish I could share it because the line up is , but I cannot .

The first band of the night was local symphonic black metalers, Reficul. Their sound was not good for a venue that normally has great sound, but from what I could hear the music was pretty good. There was next to no one in the crowd though since the show started at 6:30pm, and there was a Mariners game at 7:10pm causing traffic to suck. I ended up going to the deli next door to grab some food.

Next up was a local favorite, Shaded Enmity. Shaded play a very melodic style of death metal with some black metal influence. The best way I can describe it is Dragonforce, if they had blast beats and death growls. But I stood on the side of the stage for them since their drummer I have known since I was 3 and he is one of the best drummers on the West Coast today. Unfortunately the crowd was pretty minuscule for them as well.

After Shaded was my band, Funeral Age. And not to toot our own horn, but the venue finally got a decent amount of people when we went on. We played our normal 4 song set (since our songs are too damn long) and played probably the best we have in a while. The crowd dug, and we sold a bunch of merch.

Funeral Age

One Abomination Under God
Lives For An Eye
Enslaving Grace
We Want Blood

After loading my gear and missing most of Weapon's set, I rushed inside to catch what I could, and I sadly wasn't into them as much as I wanted to be, but I need to listen to them more and become more knowledgeable with their sound. Hopefully that OMG tour actually happens. I am not familiar with their songs, but I am guessing the set was the same as the rest of the tour.

After Weapon was the band I was least excited about, Withered..... but holy shit they have improved since the last two times I saw them . I cannot stand the slow drawn out doom they do, but the other parts of their set were absolutely amazing. I NEED to start listening to these guys. As with Weapon, I am unfamiliar with their music, but I'm sure their set was the same.

Finally, the band I was most stoked to see, THIRTEEN FUCKIN FORTY NINE! And I was not let down in he slightest (other than the lack of Liberation or B.T.A. tracks). I was a bit skeptical as to how the drummer of JFAC would pull it off, but that dude nailed it perfectly! I had the chance to watch him from the side of the stage, and goddamn, that dude rips (even though the security kicked me out... sorry for promoting your own damn show). I was super bummed when their set came to a close, but it was amazing to see them again.

Maggot Fetus... Teeth Like Thorns
Necronatalenheten
The Devil of the Deserts
I Am Abomination
Riders of the Apocalypse
Serpentine Sibilance
When I Was Flesh
Sculptor of Flesh
Atomic Chapel

Then came Marduk. It seemed that a lot of the crowd had left before their set started which was a huge bummer, and you could tell that Mortuus was pissed at the shitty crowd. They didn't even come back for an encore due to the lack of a crowd response for them . But other then that they played a kick ass set, even with Mortuus making sarcastic remarks about lameness of people ("PANZER DIVISION......." *crowd* "...marduk...... " "...really?.........PANZER DIVISION.... MARDUUUUUK" *with full crowd response*) I was stoked when they played Serpent Sermon, being that is one of my favorite tracks off of the new album. It was also great to hear Throne of Rats again, since I don't think they've played that song at all over the last few years.

Marduk

On Darkened Wings
Nowhere, No-one, Nothing
The Black Tormentor of Satan
Serpent Sermon
Still Fucking Dead (Here's No Peace)
Warschau 2: Headhunter Halfmoon
Materialized in Stone
Baptism by Fire
Womb of Perishableness
Souls for Belial
Azrael
Throne of Rats
Panzer Division Marduk

So all in all it was a great show, despite the lack of crowd, but 3 Inches of Blood was playing the same night, and there were two metal fests as well, one in Portland and on out in some woods. I didn't get any merch, but sold a bunch for my own band . Hopefully Marduk and 1349 come back soon!

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 06-16-2012, 01:04 PM
Now I am become Death. The destroyer of worlds.

Sucks the crowd was so lame. Sounds like when I saw Pestilence and everyone left after Vital Remains and Warbringer
Old 06-16-2012, 01:06 PM
Remember - today is the first day of the end of your life

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroRob View Post
Sounds like when I saw Pestilence and everyone left after Vital Remains and Warbringer
That's pretty much what happened for Destruction here last month
7/30 - Counterparts/Hundredth

http://www.last.fm/user/voidflame
Old 06-18-2012, 02:11 PM
N00B

Nice review I was glad to hear Womb of Perishableness from Rom 5:12! Vancouver, BC definitely had the better crowd since it was their first time playing there. Same setlist in Vancouver except did encore With Satan and Victorious Weapons...Portland show had a similar turnout like Seattle with no encore.

Tags
1349, funeral age, marduk