Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 08-19-2014, 09:23 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiner202 View Post
Only one song I know this week (Cannabis Corpse) and one I'm waiting to hear (Accept) so this is going to be an interesting week. Hopefully I can listen to the show today or tomorrow.

And happy birthday!
Thanks Man!

I think you'll dig at least a few songs on here. I think Outloud may be up your alley along with Omega Crom and Evil United. Let's see if I'm right!
Old 08-20-2014, 04:13 AM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Thanks Man!

I think you'll dig at least a few songs on here. I think Outloud may be up your alley along with Omega Crom and Evil United. Let's see if I'm right!
Awesome! I actually just bought way too many CDs in the last 3 days + promos coming in at full speed, so I might not get to this to the weekend, but I will definitely listen to it.
11/7 - Artillery/Onslaught
11/27 - DTA/Obituary/Massacre
Old 08-21-2014, 03:33 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Awesome! I actually just bought way too many CDs in the last 3 days + promos coming in at full speed, so I might not get to this to the weekend, but I will definitely listen to it.
Not a problem man!

In other news, I am on CelebrityNetWorth.com, not just for some interviews, but for one of my drumming playthroughs of one of my band's songs. When the fuck did I become a celebrity?

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/dl/that-drummer-guy/
Old 08-26-2014, 01:37 PM
That Guy

Week 92, no interviews this week as I haven't had time to edit what I have left for interviews this week, but there is some killer music I am premiering, CHECK IT OUT!

http://thatdrummerguy.podomatic.com/...12_24_29-07_00
http://www.spreaker.com/user/thatdru...esents-week-92
http://www.thatdrummerguy.com

Machinae Supremacy- Phantom Battle
Primalfrost- Path Of The Sky
Gloryful- Dream Blade
Darrow- Odyssey
Hammerfall- Hector's Hymn
Arctic Sleep- Passage of Gaia
Nachtmystium- The World We Left Behind
Stork- Given Away
The Kindred- An Evolution of Thought
Halcyon Way- Web of Lies
Mater Thallium- Maternal Mortality
Funeralbloom- Cherry Orchard
Amberian Dawn- I'm Still Here
The Haunted- Psychonaut
Aborted- Of Dead Skin & Decay
Witchaven- Death Rides A Pale Horse
Blood God- Defenders of the Throne of Fire
Ascendancy- The Dark Side of Philosophy
The Autumn League- The End of Enmity
Tankard- Fooled By Your Guts
龍5150- Just Keep Your Heart
Wolf- Shark Attack
Poisoned By Life- Burning
Ten Masked Men Bad Romance (Lady Gaga cover)
Old 08-27-2014, 04:41 AM
THIS IS LHHC!

Quote:
Ten Masked Men Bad Romance (Lady Gaga cover)
Oh shit! I didn't know they were making music again. Awesome!
10/18 Satan
10/21 King Diamond
10/22 Tombs ?
10/23 Pentagram ?
Old 08-27-2014, 07:55 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfitegrdan View Post
Oh shit! I didn't know they were making music again. Awesome!
Yeah I was shocked too. I thought they were done. I'm glad I was wrong.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:58 PM
That Guy

It's time for a bit of an update about That Drummer Guy

As some may remember it was around this time last year that I got sick and put out of commission 7 months and slowly but surely, been recovering. I'm still not at 100%, days like today, I've actually been feeling ridiculously crappy from stomach issues (I won't go into detail, but use context clues to figure out whats going on).

Anyone who knows me knows that I am without a shadow of a doubt my worst critic. No one criticizes me or puts more pressure on myself, than myself. With all the stress I constantly put on myself, and being busy 24/7 this time last year, I got sick. But since March/April I have been slowly getting better and getting back on my feet. As of right now I am at least able to practice with my bands and do all the various tasks for being That Drummer Guy.

But that said, I have been a bit of a glutton for punishment. I have been getting to the point in the last few weeks where I have been overworking myself again and it is causing a lot of stress to my body again. yes, it is partly because I am creating it for myself to try to make the radio shows, reviews, interviews, website, and my bands to be the best they can be. And a couple weeks back I almost completely burnt myself out on everything.

My girlfriend saw this, realized that I was falling back into the hole I was in this time last year and has graciously decided to help me out with the business side of That Drummer Guy Industries. We are now working roughly 50/50 together. I am of course am the face of That Drummer Guy, host, interviewer, reviewer, etc; but Lynn is starting to take over the other aspects of the business. She is helping me with my PR, email duties, and is now helping me organize the playlists for the show.

Notice with that, I said show, not shows. As part of not running myself into the grave like I almost did last year, I am taking a couple nights a week to do absolutely nothing productive to save my own sanity. In the past I would work from when I wake up till when I go to bed thinking about what to do to improve what I am doing.

Part of that relaxation time is sadly taking a hiatus from Infernal Rock Radio. I love doing a live show, it is so much fun to actually interact with people listening to the show and being able to play anything from my music collection, but at the same time, it causes me to agonize over the playlist and who is listening and everything that does not involve actually enjoying doing a live show. So until I have the time to do a live show again, I will be just sticking to the syndicated show, That Drummer Guy Presents. I have to thank my girlfriend again for realizing and telling me that the live show was driving my stress levels to maximum capacity.

Along with that, I also tried doing an album review a day, which was causing a lot of unneeded stress on me. So after taking time to think about it, I'm not stopping the album reviews, but I will do them when the mood strikes. It could be several at a time, or once a week, whatever the case may be. Again, this is just until I find the time to make it a regular thing. But that also said, I will ALWAYS do the extra long album reviews at the end of the year that I ALWAYS do, because people know me for that.

We have also been having business meetings for the last few weeks to figure out the best way to make That Drummer Guy an unstoppable force, and the ideas we have will come to fruition down the road, Hopefully you guys will dig everything that will be happening in the near future.

Thanks for sticking around and enjoying what I do as That Drummer Guy, Every year has been getting bigger and bigger and I have no intentions to stop now!
Old 08-28-2014, 02:22 PM
I got jumped by 2 thugs... they told me my battery was dead.

Shit man! Its good to hear you were able to catch and fix certain things that caused too much stress in your life before you put yourself through the same shit again. Wishing you and your lady the best and hope you guys can work together and get everything you want to do done in a relaxing and steady pace!

Sorry I haven't been tuning into your live show . My new hours haven't allowed me to spend much time online for long periods of time, and just been super busy the last month or so.

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 08-28-2014, 06:36 PM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

Quote:

Machinae Supremacy- Phantom Battle - Good music, but didn't like the vocals
Primalfrost- Path Of The Sky - These guys are local here. Really good band
Gloryful- Dream Blade - This was awesome. I'd definitely listen to this.
Darrow- Odyssey - Good moments musically, but the vocals ruin it.
Hammerfall- Hector's Hymn - Greatest band of all-time. Although I like Bushido better than this song, but it's still amazing.
Will attack the rest later.
11/7 - Artillery/Onslaught
11/27 - DTA/Obituary/Massacre
Old 08-30-2014, 08:52 AM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
Shit man! Its good to hear you were able to catch and fix certain things that caused too much stress in your life before you put yourself through the same shit again. Wishing you and your lady the best and hope you guys can work together and get everything you want to do done in a relaxing and steady pace!

Sorry I haven't been tuning into your live show . My new hours haven't allowed me to spend much time online for long periods of time, and just been super busy the last month or so.
If it makes you feel any better I've missed the live show for over a month since I haven't been doing it. Tuesdays in Agust was filled with doctor appointments, concerts and my 26th birthday so I had no time to do it anyways. The syndicated show is still around thought.....HINT HINT!

Quote:
Will attack the rest later.

By the way I just heard Crimson Shadows last night. I haven't been that blown away by a band in a very long time, they are starting the show next week.