Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 06-06-2012, 07:36 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by smearCampaign View Post
Still working on my full writeup, but here is the Terrorism bit:

Terrorism - OK, so Terrorism was a one man noise/power electronics/performance art thing I guess. Manks and I walked in on his the final flourish of his “set”, which consisted of an ipod or something playing a backing track while he intermittently yelled into a microphone before pulling out a duffel bag of fireworks and setting off a bunch of fountain style fireworks that are still in the duffel bag. Mind you, this is happening on the inside stage of the venue. The duffel bag catches fire and staff or someone stomped it out in the pit. We also noticed that there was a bunch of debris already on the floor of the pit and on stage. At this point people were heckling him a bit and throwing beers at him, one of which punctured the bass drum set up on stage for Morbosidad. He made some more jack off motions and called us all faggots before leaving the stage. I think the drum kit might have belonged to Black Witchery, because they came out from the merch area to see the drum afterwards and were super pissed. So we chatted with some people who were there for the start and I gathered that his whole set was 8 minutes long and started with a cinderblock and baby powder being smashed by a sledgehammer, hence the debris everywhere. Staff at Red 7 clearly did not know what was going to happen and they looked pretty annoyed cleaning up all the shit. It took about 30 minutes before the smoke and firework smell dissipated. Chaos, I guess. Music, not really.
:LOL: Oh god! haha I could just imagine how terrible that would be to see.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:43 AM
Altars of Radness

Quote:

Terrorism - OK, so Terrorism was a one man noise/power electronics/performance art thing I guess. Manks and I walked in on his the final flourish of his “set”, which consisted of an ipod or something playing a backing track while he intermittently yelled into a microphone before pulling out a duffel bag of fireworks and setting off a bunch of fountain style fireworks that are still in the duffel bag. Mind you, this is happening on the inside stage of the venue. The duffel bag catches fire and staff or someone stomped it out in the pit. We also noticed that there was a bunch of debris already on the floor of the pit and on stage. At this point people were heckling him a bit and throwing beers at him, one of which punctured the bass drum set up on stage for Morbosidad. He made some more jack off motions and called us all faggots before leaving the stage. I think the drum kit might have belonged to Black Witchery, because they came out from the merch area to see the drum afterwards and were super pissed. So we chatted with some people who were there for the start and I gathered that his whole set was 8 minutes long and started with a cinderblock and baby powder being smashed by a sledgehammer, hence the debris everywhere. Staff at Red 7 clearly did not know what was going to happen and they looked pretty annoyed cleaning up all the shit. It took about 30 minutes before the smoke and firework smell dissipated. Chaos, I guess. Music, not really.
That sounds extremely retarded.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:17 AM
N00B

Quote:

Terrorism...his whole set was 8 minutes long and started with a cinderblock and baby powder being smashed by a sledgehammer...

"metal" Gallagher?
Old 06-06-2012, 10:47 AM
All of my life, I've been waiting for you...

Winter:

Into Darkness

Antisect (partial)

Out From The Void (Pt I & II)
The World's Biggest Runt
In Darkness
Heresy
Channel Zero
Yet They Still Ignore
They
Education or Indoctrination
Pallbearer: 10/28
Old 06-06-2012, 12:16 PM
I got jumped by 2 thugs... they told me my battery was dead.

Quote:
I think the drum kit might have belonged to Black Witchery, because they came out from the merch area to see the drum afterwards and were super pissed
That is no surprise

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 06-06-2012, 09:07 PM
...the dead are among us!

Saturday (day) - Beerland
Gas Chamber - I thought these guys sounded better the day before partially due to the fact that Gas Chamber’s noise and electronic elements sounded much better on Red 7’s sound system.

Stick Together - Straight edge hardcore that didn’t really fit the bill. For being straight edge their singer rambled on like a huge stoner going absolutely nowhere with what he was saying. They should’ve just stuck to playing their songs and not let the singer talk.

Power Trip - These guys are kind of a crossover thrash hardcore band from Dallas in the vein of stuff like DRI. They put on a fun show but they do attract some ninja kids. They would get to an awesome thrash breakdown that would be perfect for a circle pit stomp, but all you would see were feet and fists spinning around in the pit. Fans of Black Breath and the like should keep an eye out for Power Trip’s new album later this year on Southern Lord.

Midnight - The place was absolutely packed for Midnight. It had to be close to 100 degrees in there by the time the hell raisers took the stage with their hoods but minus shirts. They ripped through a great set of their satan worshipping black speed metal. It was kind of weird to see them at a day show, but their fun loving party attitude shined through in the hot and sticky sloppily-good madness. Not disappointed one bit that I skipped the Dropdead day show to get into this. Easily the most fun set I saw all weekend. After their first official full length last year Midnight is finally gaining the following that they deserve, these guys sold a ton of merch in Austin.

Toxic Holocaust - Beerland actually kind of emptied out after Midnight, but those people missed out because Joel and company were definitely the tightest sounding band of this day show. They were fun as always and the people who did stick around knew almost every song. I still maintain that even if you were underwhelmed by their last album, those songs come out goddamn fantastic live. ‘In The Name of Science’ was awesome to hear alongside their set staples.

Saturday (night) - Red 7
Terrorism - See previous post

Morbosidad - This Mexican cadre of black metal beasts were essentially the first band to hit the stage this evening and they sounded really solid. Their bestial style of black metal is all sung in spanish and one could call them the Mexican answer to Blasphemy. I really dug that the vocals were a little more dynamic than what you might normally find with this kind of band. A really drunk girl got on stage in a gold sequined shirt and was dancing like a ‘30s style flapper or something, but she was ushered off stage before anything interesting happened. At one point they brought out a bible which was promptly lit on fire and then tossed around in the pit. The bible burning worked the crowd into quite a little frenzy. Impurath of Black Witchery came out and sang a Beherit cover with them. I would say that Morbosidad drew the largest crowd on the inside stage of Red 7 Saturday night.

Ares Kingdom - In light of Absu dropping off Ares Kingdom became the band I was looking forward to the most at this show. Their guitar players are great and was probably the best guitar work I saw all weekend, a lot of technical flair without going overboard. I really loved their Incendiary album and hearing them open with the first two cuts off of that was awesome. Their bassist/vocalist had a beer bottle holster on his belt, so his bottle of Shiner was within reach the whole set. Unfortunately attendance started to dwindle before Ares Kingdom even started, but they were a band that I was expecting more people to watch than mosh to anyway. Musically they were my favorite band of this evening, but Morbosidad and Black Witchery topped them in pure intensity, which was to be expected.

Tear It Up - This night had all the black metal on the inside stage while the outdoor stage hosted punk all night. I stepped outside before Black Witchery started to find the place packed and hung out for a couple songs. Tear It Up is a hardcore band that broke up in ‘03 and reunited for a couple shows last year. People were clearly excited for this show as the place was going off when I walked out there. I’m no hardcore expert, but the couple songs I saw sounded really damn good.

Black Witchery - The devoted black/war metal fans were about all that remained by the time Black Witchery took the stage. Since I called Morbosidad the Mexican answer to Blasphemy I guess one could argue that Black Witchery would be the USA’s version. Of the three times I have seen Black Witchery now I would say that the Rites of Darkness show last year only topped this show because of the crazy crowd at Rites. The sound of the venue was so much better at Red 7 for this show though so maybe the Chaos show was better; either way I thought they sounded really tight and for such cacophonous music you could clearly hear the riffs and drum work. Some people say all their songs sound the same. I say, who cares? It’s brutal, raw and unrelenting; just like this kind of metal should be.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:23 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Some people say all their songs sound the same. I say, who cares? It’s brutal, raw and unrelenting; just like this kind of metal should be.
It seems like most of the people who complain about that don't understand the genre anyway.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:25 PM
...the dead are among us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
It seems like most of the people who complain about that don't understand the genre anyway.
I agree.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenchimyo View Post
"metal" Gallagher?
I almost saw that guy! He played two dates in my area but I didn't have the money to make it out
Old 06-06-2012, 11:43 PM

Last time I saw Morbosidad, the singer brought a severed pigs head out on stage and threw it at the crowd!

Tags
antisect, ares kingdom, black witchery, gas chamber, midnight, morbosidad, power trip, stick together, terrorism, toxic holocaust, winter