Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 06-05-2012, 08:07 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
This. Severe injuries aren't something to be taken lightly and really shouldn't be happening in pits. The Acacia Strain and Hatebreed have come a few times in this thread for having out-of control pits with a shitload injuries. I've seen The Acacia Strain 4 times and I've seriously only seen one fistfight (which was the only fistfight I had ever seen at a show before I went to blink-182 last summer) during their sets and no one has been carried off due to injury and these are hometown shows mind you. Same deal with Hatebreed, I've seen them three times and I've seen no fistfights and no serious injuries. People up here tend to be really good about picking people up in the pit if they fall (unless it's a show 100% full of scene douches, Thrash and Burn 09 and Warped Tour 2010 were the only times I've seen people down for more than a couple of seconds without getting helped up) It seems like you Chicago motherfuckers are doing it wrong.
Chicago crowds are usually a good band of people I've noticed you just get alot of accidents, the few bad apples, and then just everyone going so apeshit insane that whatever happens happens.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:57 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

punk/hardcore crowds are much, much crazier than probably the best metal show crowd. sorry brehs
09/22 - RA/TA/Radkey ?
09/23 - Crowbar
Old 06-05-2012, 09:16 PM
#Controversial

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
punk/hardcore crowds are much, much crazier than probably the best metal show crowd. sorry brehs
Yep

Cro Mags were the craziest set I've ever seen
Old 06-05-2012, 09:53 PM
THIS IS LHHC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Duh! Any show with The Acacia Strain is beyond violent. My friend went to the show they did at Mojoes with Terror and said during Acacia people were being knocked out and a few people went into seizures from being hit. And at Warped Tour last year they had to call ambulances in to carry out a few people from the pit during their set.
Yeah, the pit at Warped was crazy retarded. Adam from Oceano was just standing in the middle of the pit, being all big and black.
10/18 Satan
10/21 King Diamond
10/22 Tombs ?
10/23 Pentagram ?

Last edited by kalfitegrdan; 06-05-2012 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Forgot some adjectives
Old 06-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

I've seen a LOT of insane shows over the years. Most of the craziest shows I've seen have been at this tiny place called the Blvd when punk/grind bands played. The most memorable show I can think of outside of that place was Suffocation at the Grove of Anaheim for Summer Slaughter. HOLY FUCK! There was a gigantic mosh pit on each level of the place. It was insanity! I'll never forget it.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:59 AM
It's fun to take a trip. Put acid in your veins.

Hmm. I've been to some interesting shows in my time. From what I can recall:

Craziest crowd: GWAR at the White Rabbit in 2010. The fans literally pushed the security barrier back onto the stage at a forty-five degree angle and I wound up lying on it right in front of Flattus the entire time.

Craziest people: Children of Bodom fans. When I saw them in February, I was looking around the audience as a way to kill time before Eluveitie went on. "Normal" people pass around joints at shows. These motherfuckers passed around vials of coke and flasks of...something. I saw quite a few people leaving pretty fucked up.

Craziest audience response: Slayer and Cannibal Corpse when they both played at Fun Fun Fun Fest last year. During CC, the pit got fucking huge - about the size of the stage - and people started throwing each other across the dirt. I even saw a dude who was bleeding pretty bad after he had both of his gauges ripped out of his ears. No joke, the dude's earlobes had been split in half from what happened. I also got the fuck beaten out of me in the pit during Slayer and went to the back when it started hurting to breathe (I met Corpsegrinder and chilled with him for the latter half of the set - we played air guitar together during Black Magic. Totally worth it).

Special mention goes to D.R.I. and Eyehategod for their respective fanbases. I don't think I've seen either band without bleeding at one point or another.

Craziest shit happening: Seeing a nutjob preach about Jesus outside of a Behemoth show in 2010 talking about how "God is his junk". I turned the phrase "Snort a line of Christ" into an inside joke between me and a couple of guys in line.

...Can't think of anything else at the moment.
10/28 - Mike Watt
10/29 - Melvins
11/7 - 7 Seconds

Last edited by RampinUp46; 06-19-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:34 AM
slave to the grind

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
This
10/18-Neurosis
10/28-Carcass/Obituary/Exhumed
Old 06-06-2012, 04:07 AM
THIS IS LHHC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RampinUp46 View Post
Craziest shit happening: Seeing a nutjob preach about Jesus outside of a Behemoth show in 2010 talking about how "God is his junk". I turned the phrase "Snort a line of Christ" into an inside joke between me and a couple of guys in line..
I had something like that happen to me at Pestilence/Vital Remains. I bummed some homeless lady a cigarette and then she went on about how my Vital Remains shirt was possessing me and that I had to believe what she was saying because she was my elder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
It seems like you Chicago motherfuckers are doing it wrong.
The only times where the for that kind of stupidity ensues is at shows with scene kid douchebags. At regular metal shows (read: death, thrash, black), mosh pit etiquette is in full force.

Also, forgot to mention at Whitechapel headlining shows, shit gets pretty violent. Mostly because there's lots of metalheads (moshers) there and lots of scene kids (pit ninjas) and tempers run high. When I saw them with Monsters in West Dundee, there were multiple brawls, like 4 on 4 and shit, but after like 3 songs, security starting throwing out any hardcore dancer. Then, when they headlined in my town, there had to be two separate pits because not a one of the hardcore dancers could do their bullshit for more than a second without being knocked down.
10/18 Satan
10/21 King Diamond
10/22 Tombs ?
10/23 Pentagram ?
Old 06-06-2012, 06:01 AM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RampinUp46 View Post
(I met Corpsegrinder and chilled with him for the latter half of the set - we played air guitar together during Black Magic. Totally worth it).
You. I hate you.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:37 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Being on the rail for the Melvins in 2010 was pretty crazy for me because it was the one time I was on the rail for a show that was packed. It actually got to the point where it wasn't fun. I wasn't expecting it either. Thank god for the huge, linebacker dude who was beside me clearing out people every once and awile. He wasn't having fun either.

Why didn't I move? I stood there for two hours (no opening band, just a long fucking wait) and me and the big dude agree that since we both stood there for two hours, no way were we moving. I doubt I could've gone anywhere anyway.
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy