After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Old 07-18-2012, 10:41 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
Has anyone else been following the controversy surrounding this tour? For those who don't know, the other night in Philly MC Chris walked out on stage before Powerglove's set and called out a fan for talking shit about Richie Branson on Twitter. He sicked security on this guy and he was kicked out just for saying he didn't like Richie Branson. After being publicly humiliated and kicked out this guy posted his story on reddit and rallied a bunch of people against MC Chris.

Today Mc Chris posted this video on youtube where he apologizes to his fans and cries on camera. It's pretty fucking hard to watch.
After watching this video, I went to find the post on Reddit the guy made, and holy shit is it crazy. The guy's story really makes it sound like MC Chris is a dick. I figured there's no real way to tell since I wasn't there, but read the posts below and there are SO MANY other stories just like that, of him being a straight up dick. It's really shocking, but if you are a fan of his I would suggest not reading it. There's a solid chance your opinion on him could change drastically. I don't know how I feel about listening to him anymore.
3/2 - Dropkick Murphys
3/11 - Meshuggah
3/12 - Tenacious D
Old 07-18-2012, 10:53 PM
That Guy

He shouldn't have done what he did, but if he actually goes out of his way to apologize, people need to let it go.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:13 AM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
He shouldn't have done what he did, but if he actually goes out of his way to apologize, people need to let it go.
This why I was a little conflicted while watching that video. It seems like he really is sorry for what he did but on the other hand i'm just thinking "really dude, you're crying on youtube?"
Old 07-19-2012, 10:21 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

taken from redit

"Wow....
I thought i was the only one who he bullied.
back in 2004-2005, i went to a show in lawrence kansas. He came on stage in between bands and talked with us. I was so excited to see this guy, being a life long nerd and loving hip hop but not having hiphop and nerd shit mix. I was thrilled to meet the guy. He then started to say "GO BUY SOME MERCH YOU LITTLE FUCKERS" everyone laughed. well this is about the second band in, and i didn't see the merch table anywhere....(most bands have it set up as soon as you come in the venue) his wasn't no where to be found...I then yelled "WHERES IT AT CHRIS!?!".... and everyone yelled yeah.. he then started off and said "at the merch table douchebag"...everyone laughed and the whole night called me a douchebag....is this not a form of bullying i thought.
I didnt let it phase me tho...I finished the show and afterwards went with some friends to the merch booth where chris was signing autographs. Our turn came and his roadie asked us what we wanted. I bought a sticker (i was 18 at the time, scrub..not much money) and my friends bought a shirt and cd's...We paid and we went to Chris to sign our stuff. Ive met loads of musicians and had mostly great experiences but this next thing killed me...
Chris thanked my friends for buying the shirt and signed their cds, my turn came.... "Hey look its the douchebag that doesnt know what a merch table is...All you bought from me was a sticker...wow..." he then signed it....douchebag...I was stunned. I hadn't been bullied like this since grade school. had so much rage i wanted to pummel the fucking midget. I took the sticker and threw it in his face. Since that moment i have hated the fuck.
Crazy story OP, i am glad i seen this today and all the responses. I am glad more and more people have seen how this dude is a fucking bully and is a fake.
"

"
Someone posted this nn his facebook. Apparently, this guy is always a dick
So apparently you did this to female fan back in the day
Something similar happened when we went to see him last October in LA. He had come back out to do his encore and there was this girl dancing right in the front of the stage. Let's just say she was well endowed and having a blast dancing and shouting the lyrics throughout the whole show. Just as he's launching into "Popcorn Frog" he stops, looks at this girl and says something along the lines of, "I'm sorry, but your tits are in my face, you're ugly and it's just too distracting, you need to leave." What made it worse, although I commend the girl in doing this, is that she refused to leave and argued with him for a good minute before he got the crowd to push her out of the way so he could continue with his encore. It must have been terrible for her, because she clearly was digging the show, and to be publicly humiliated like that... I don't think I could deal.
Fuck you dude"

"I went to see him in ABQ about 3 years ago with I Fight Dragons and Whole Wheat Bread. When it was Chris's turn, he started doing his thing and all was well. I was in the front with some friends, and next to us were these two girls. Attention whore kind of girls, all they would do was grind on each other and give other people the look as if to say "Yeah, im totes a lesbo, dont you love watching this?" Anyway after Chris's first couple of songs, these girls were singing along, as most people do at a concert. Halfway through a song, he stops, and tells the girls to move to the back of the crowd, because they were throwing off his groove due to them singing along. He flat out refused to continue the show until the women were gone. The girls apologized profusely (Most of the rest of us were singing right there with them) and he wasn't having any of it. The crowd started chanting to them to "Move the fuck back" So MC Chris could finish his shit, and finally, they did. He made an example of these women so we wouldn't sing along to his raps.
I should note, this was a small venue, a couple hundred people maybe. We were literally a couple feet away from him, so I guess its understandable, but there's probably a better way to go about it. I forgot his exact words, and I don't want to misquote him, but he said some nasty things about them and how annoying they were.
I think MC Chris's head is a little too big."

"Louisville, KY- 2010 He is doing his "Give all your money to Cystic Fibrosis" speech. Guy asks if all the money actually goes to charity (legitimate question nowadays). Chris insults this dude's clothes, hair and even the beer he was drinking. After 10 minutes of this, tells dude to GTFO. When the guy refuses, Chris offers anyone in the crowd compensation to "remove this piece of shit". When no one accepts, he gets the crowd to berate the man, ending with the guy throwing up the finger and walking out. As he leaves, Chris gets in as many insults as possible, then apologizes for that guy ruining the show. With a question. MC lip synced that entire show, anyways. I was a long time fan til that night. I won't even start about meeting him after the show. Glad to see someone bring some attention to his bullshit."

MC Chris is a fucking ass hole.
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 07-19-2012 at 10:50 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Yeah he does sound kinda douchy. Too big of a ego.

We will know for sure how he is when MPF meets him for the interview.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:25 AM
N00B

I don't understand where the ego comes from. He's not exactly a superstar. He certainly has an audience, but I don't know if it's really large enough that he can pull stuff like this.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:59 AM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Yeah he does sound kinda douchy. Too big of a ego.

We will know for sure how he is when MPF meets him for the interview.
In all honesty, when that happens on the 10th, I really don't wanna bring any of this up. Not because I'm not interested in it, but I could just see it being disastrous for me and him. If he brings it up, that's different and I won't have a choice. But I plan on treating him just like anyone else I interview, with the upmost respect and true fan appreciation.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:41 PM
That Guy

...that said, should I tell him he needs to eat a Snickers?
Old 07-19-2012, 04:05 PM
THIS IS LHHC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
...that said, should I tell him he needs to eat a Snickers?
10/18 Satan
10/21 King Diamond
10/22 Tombs ?
10/23 Pentagram ?
Old 07-19-2012, 04:08 PM
N00B

Wow, maybe I should have went Tuesday......

I saw him in 2008 with Reggie and the Full Effect, seemed like a nice enough guy(signed my ticket, and hell all I bought was like a 2 dollar patch)
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour
Slipknot/KoRn