Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Slayer -- New Orleans, LA -- April 26th, 2015
Europe -- Sault Sainte Marie, MI -- April 23rd, 2015
dUg Pinnick -- Shreveport, LA -- April 25th, 2015
Deceased -- Cudahy, WI -- April 25th, 2015
Nonpoint -- Jacksonville, FL -- April 24th, 2015


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 05-15-2012, 08:39 AM
PVH5150 PVH5150 is offline
.
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
Frederik said it's just hitting the markets that Opeth/Katatonia didn't hit the first time.
Good, then they won't be playing that Palladium shithole in Worcester.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-15-2012, 09:36 AM
AnthG AnthG is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 2,189
Am I the only one who'd rather see Katatonia more than Opeth? Mainly because of setlist decisions and what not. I also didn't get to see this tour the first time around since it was in fucking Guelph last time.
__________________
05/06 - Misery Index
07/19 - Rise Against/Killswitch Engage
08/08 - Slipknot/Lamb of God
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-15-2012, 09:52 AM
masterguy49's Avatar
masterguy49 masterguy49 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
Posts: 1,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
What?
My thoughts exact.

This being the same tour, maybe that means they will finally come down here though!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Coma323 Coma323 is offline
...
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 1,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
Am I the only one who'd rather see Katatonia more than Opeth? Mainly because of setlist decisions and what not. I also didn't get to see this tour the first time around since it was in fucking Guelph last time.
No.
I love me some Opeth but the new album does nothing for me.
Katatonia are way better imo.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-15-2012, 04:55 PM
Rocco44's Avatar
Rocco44 Rocco44 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: La Crescenta, CA
Posts: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coma323 View Post
No.
I love me some Opeth but the new album does nothing for me.
Katatonia are way better imo.
Yeah, if it was pre Heritage I would prefer Opeth but at this point I would rather see a Katatonia show.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-18-2012, 11:25 AM
RampinUp46's Avatar
RampinUp46 RampinUp46 is offline
It's fun to take a trip. Put acid in your veins.
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,064
Not gonna lie, I wouldn't mind seeing this again if a friend of mine can tag along.

...And if they have a setlist that beats the fuck out of the Mastopeth one, I'm not complaining.
__________________
8/14 - Nine Inch Nails
9/16 - Prong
10/23-26 - HHFF
10/28 - Mike Watt
10/29 - Melvins
11/7 - 7 Seconds
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-18-2012, 11:30 AM
Northern_Shaman's Avatar
Northern_Shaman Northern_Shaman is offline
Wrath!
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: CANADA
Posts: 707
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only metal fan who actually really doesn't like Katatonia and finds a large portion of their later material to be quite generic. I don't get it. Jonas has a nice singing voice but the music feels incredibly mediocre. I feel like they're almost a default band for metalheads to listen to when they're sad or something without straying too far away from being "true" .
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-18-2012, 08:50 PM
Jochen Jochen is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern_Shaman View Post
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only metal fan who actually really doesn't like Katatonia and finds a large portion of their later material to be quite generic. I don't get it. Jonas has a nice singing voice but the music feels incredibly mediocre. I feel like they're almost a default band for metalheads to listen to when they're sad or something without straying too far away from being "true" .
I kind of agree with you, I feel like their later material is hit or miss. While they have great songs, there are just as many mediocre ones that sound pretty much the same. And I do prefer them over Opeth, they blew Opeth off the stage last October (imo).
__________________
5/30 - Cryptopsy
6/18 - Crowbar
7/8 - Slayer/King Diamond
8/4 - Alice in Chains
9/30 - Mark Knopfler
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-20-2012, 09:41 PM
brutal_descent's Avatar
brutal_descent brutal_descent is offline
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Russia
Posts: 5,847
Found a date for a Katatonia/Devin Townsend show at New York's Irving Plaza for September 23rd on Last.fm
__________________
5/23 Nick Cave
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-20-2012, 09:46 PM
treghet's Avatar
treghet treghet is offline
Altars of Radness
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 6,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutal_descent View Post
Found a date for a Katatonia/Devin Townsend show at New York's Irving Plaza for September 23rd on Last.fm
MPF is wetting himself.
__________________
6.13 Nocturnal Blood / Volahn
10.9 Pseudogod
10.14 Bölzer
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:31 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008