Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 05-15-2012, 04:41 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal MX View Post
Who is singing now for Skid Row and for Quiet Riot and how is they performance?
I'd google it but Johnny Solinger has been with them almost if not longer than Bach.

Quiet Riot's singer sounded eerily like Kevin DuBrow O_O;
Old 05-16-2012, 06:13 PM
Did somebody say Fair Warning? Lord strike that poor boy down!

Just to clarify, when the Appice's played Heaven and Hell, they had all of Stryper, sans Robert (drummer), as that song appeared on the very well received recent Stryper release, The Covering! So Michael sang on that one. That being said, the Stryper set was awesome!!

The singer for Skid Row said he was celebrating 13 years with the band. I agree, he sounded great.

Geoff Tate's a big egotistical loser now. I really can't listen to anything after Rage anymore, except Promised Land... I couldn't believe they pulled out Damaged... what an awesome song (especially paired with 9:28am and I am I! which they didn't do in this show but the biginning of that CD is awesome!!)

LA Guns did a good job too. Never Enough is always a crowd-pleaser. I just wish they'd play it closer to the end, though maybe I just like it more than most.

What can I say about the Ratt set... Awesome. Stephen attempted more notes in that show than the 5 other times I have seen them combined... lol (caveat... I haven't seen them since the late 90's). I still can't believe they opened with two album closers (Dangerous from Invasion and Scene of the Crime from Out of the Cellar). The only song that I would have liked to see them add was Drive Me Crazy from the very underrated Dancing Undercover!
Old 05-18-2012, 09:32 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennythedog View Post
Just to clarify, when the Appice's played Heaven and Hell, they had all of Stryper, sans Robert (drummer),... So Michael sang on that one.

Sweet- thanks for the clarification- we got there too late for Stryper. I do agree that cover album was decent.

Tags
bang tango, dokken, la guns, loudness, lynch mob, queensryche, quiet riot, ratt, skid row, warrant