Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2012, 11:33 AM
N00B

For whom the bell & Fade to for me
Old 05-15-2012, 11:41 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
So, what were we suppose to pick? The songs that aren't our favorites just because it might be predictable to vote for what our favorites really are?

I'm surprised Fight Fire is in second place actually. I thought the title track, FHTBT and FTB would have more votes. I'm not the least bit surprised Creeping Death is in the lead since it is the best song on the album.
Yea I'm shocked Fight Fire With Fire is second place too. I figured the top two would be Fade to Black and Creeping Death.

Call of Ktulu only having 2 votes is fucking depressing though.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:05 PM
WELCOME TO THE WEST COAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Yea I'm shocked Fight Fire With Fire is second place too. I figured the top two would be Fade to Black and Creeping Death.

Call of Ktulu only having 2 votes is fucking depressing though.
I was one of those 2 (well, now 3)!

The other one I put was Ride the Lightning. That solo is magnificent.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:48 PM
N00B

Picking songs from this album a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. I ended up picking Creeping Death and The Call of Ktulu. Creeping Death is just a power house of a song and I never get sick of hearing it, and although Fade To Black was almost my other choice I ended up going with Ktulu, I love instrumentals but I feel Ktulu is the perfect album closer.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:11 AM
Semper Fidelis

Well, my first vote has to be for Ride the Lightning as its the first Metallica song I ever heard back in 1984 and my introduction to the band. I went to the record store and bought the cassette immediately. Back then I definitely would have taken Trapped Under Ice with the second pick but now I have to go with Creeping Death.
07/31 - W.O.A.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:23 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Fight Fire with Fire.

It is not only my favorite song off ride the lightning, but it is also my favorite metallica song of all time. There was a time in my life when I thought this was the heaviest song ever created, hell, there was a time in my life when I thought this was the most brutal, most heaviest, bone crushing song ever created. It also should be noted that this was the first song by metallica that i had heard out side the black album. I got the black album about 14 years ago and love it immensely, i will admit that the black album was also my very first metal album that i ever purchased or heard, before the black album I didn't' even know what metal is or was… pretty cliche, I know, i know. Anyways, skip a couple years later and one of my friends lends me his copy of ride the lightning because he was really upset that the only stuff by metallica that i knew was the black album. He said that i deserve to the get the shit smacked out of me for not checking out the stuff that they are actually KNOWN for, so yeah, he lent me his copy, and a couple days later i decided to give the cd a nice spin. I still remember the first time I heard Fight fire with fire. That opening explosive riff that commences right after the lame acoustic had died down. not to sound cliche, but I was literally…Blown the fuck away. I thought Fight fire with Fire as well as the entire ride the lightning album was one of the most mind blowing record I had ever heard in my life. Hell there was a time in my life when I thought metallica were gods and everyone below them are nothing but pieces of shit. That of course, all changed once I got into the greatness of such bands like Kreator, Bathory, Slayer, Sepultura, Sodom, celtic Frost, the list goes on. But deny the greatness of this record is just blasphemy and as I before and I'll say it again, metallic was the first metal band that I ever heard or checked out and they definite opened the door for me with this record to move on to more greater, complex, and just around "some what" better bands. epic album, oh and JRA once you finish doing this metallica poll shindig, you should think about doing a Slayer Poll.

Oh yeah, and Call of the Kthulu being my 2nd favorite. That intro is just so fucking haunting and eerie.....
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 05-20-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:27 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard in Black 666 View Post
epic album, oh and JRA once you finish doing this metallica poll shindig, you should think about doing a Slayer Poll.
I was going to until you said "everyone vote for Reborn", the most boring song on that album.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:34 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
I was going to until you said "everyone vote for Reborn", the most boring song on that album.
I need to correct you on something my friend.

Quote:
JRA should make a poll for Reign in Blood, cause we all know "Reborn" is your favorite song off the album.
I never said everyone should vote for Reborn. I said that YOU will vote for reborn because it is your favorite song on the album, and if you missed the sarcastic emoticons at the end, well I was just kidding man. Obviously you wouldn't vote for Reborn, I personally don't find the song boring but it is far from my favorite song off the album.
11/14 - Slayer
Old 05-20-2012, 11:27 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
I need to correct you on something my friend.

I never said everyone should vote for Reborn. I said that YOU will vote for reborn because it is your favorite song on the album, and if you missed the sarcastic emoticons at the end, well I was just kidding man. Obviously you wouldn't vote for Reborn, I personally don't find the song boring but it is far from my favorite song off the album.
I knew you were being sarcastic, but I misjudged the scope of it,
Old 05-20-2012, 09:36 PM
Close your eyes forget your name

Fade to Black and The Call of Ktulu- my favorite instrumental by them

Although I will say Bellz was the first Metallica song I heard that started my interest in them, happened to be the S&M version
11/19- Judas Priest