Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014
Skid Row -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 05-11-2012, 06:35 AM
N00B

The Fillmore Silver Spring is a really nice venue, but unfortunately I will never go back. Let's just say that my friends had some problems with the law the last time they were there. The venue itself was great, but the local police are obviously "out to get" concertgoers. Stay away from Silver Spring if you can. If you must go, take extra care to abide by all laws. If the Silver Spring police don't cut Batman any slack, they certainly aren't going to cut you any.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:59 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetHarry View Post
I'm a big Opeth fan, but I agree with you about their live presence. I can never understand what Mikael is mumbling on stage in between songs and they are never really super animated on stage, even during the heavy songs. I love them on CD but they've never been one of my "must see" live bands every single time they come through.
They're definitely not the most animated band on stage but that doesn't really bother me especially if they have a good setlist. I love Mikael's banter, even more than some of the songs of the new record.
10/3 Anathema/ Alcest
10/4 Mark Lanegan
11/1 Dax Riggs
11/8 LOG/KSE
12/12 High on Fire
2/22 DT/OG
Old 05-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by leglessmoof View Post
The Fillmore Silver Spring is a really nice venue, but unfortunately I will never go back. Let's just say that my friends had some problems with the law the last time they were there. The venue itself was great, but the local police are obviously "out to get" concertgoers. Stay away from Silver Spring if you can. If you must go, take extra care to abide by all laws. If the Silver Spring police don't cut Batman any slack, they certainly aren't going to cut you any.
I didn't see 1 cop at the show I was at. That place is top notch on every level but especially the sound. I came in during a local band and my jaw was on the floor. Maybe I'm just so used to the shitty sound at Rams Head Baltimore and the areas where it sounds like you're listening to the show from another room.

The Fillmore blows every place I've ever seen a show away sound wise and that means more than anything to me. I highly recommend it.

Tags
ghost, mastodon, opeth