Slipknot -- El Paso, TX -- October 29th, 2014
Saint Vitus -- London, England -- October 29th, 2014
King Diamond -- Seattle, WA -- October 28th, 2014
King Diamond -- Salt Lake City, UT -- October 26th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 05-06-2012, 12:01 AM
WELCOME TO THE WEST COAST

Autopsy -- Chicago, IL -- May 5th, 2012

Chicago won't be getting something as awesome as this show in quite some time, that's for sure. All the bands killed. Reign Inferno played as well but I don't have their set.

Cardiac Arrest:

The Process of Self Mutilation
Wretched Lowlife
Portal of the Damned
Conjured Beings
Rise: Part Man Part Beast
Vortex of Violence
To Their Graves

Bones: (this is exactly what their set said)

(New Song)
Bloodlust
II
Apocalyptic Warrior (Devastation cover)
March of the Dead
Suicide
Good Die Young
Slowburn
Lonely Death

Cianide:

Funeral
Ragewar
Forsaken Doom
Curse of the Dead
Rising of the Beast
Dead and Rotting
Death Metal Maniac
Gates of Slumber
Desecration Storm

Autopsy:

Hand of Darkness
Twisted Mass of Burnt Decay
In the Grip of Winter
Severed Survival
Gasping for Air
Slaughterday
Maggot Holes
Born Undead
Always About to Die
Seeds of the Doomed
Dead
Mauled to Death
Voices
Critical Madness
Charred Remains
---
Ridden With Disease
Old 05-06-2012, 12:27 AM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

This show was fucking incredible.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:46 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

No review

But I agree, Autopsy was fucking incredible. I would go as far as to say their performance was somewhat "legendary" in the fact that they not only hadn't played in southern california in a really really long time, but more importantly, they delivered the goods. So far they are still the best band that I have seen this year. Hands down.

But yeah, hopefully one of you guys posts a reviews
11/14 - Slayer
Old 05-06-2012, 09:07 AM
WELCOME TO THE WEST COAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard in Black 666 View Post
No review

But I agree, Autopsy was fucking incredible. I would go as far as to say their performance was somewhat "legendary" in the fact that they not only hadn't played in southern california in a really really long time, but more importantly, they delivered the goods. So far they are still the best band that I have seen this year. Hands down.

But yeah, hopefully one of you guys posts a reviews
I posted the sets at 3 AM last night and passed out right after. I guess I'll give a brief review.

It was a sold out show and people were coming from out of state to see Autopsy and awesome local support. They hadn't been in the midwest since 92 or 93, but they were happy to be back. Every band made an effort to tell the crowd that they were awesome, because indeed, everyone was going crazy for every band.

Reign Inferno were great. They play very fast death/grind and are always a pleasure to see. For those who don't know, the bassist of Reign Inferno is the same bassist of Jungle Rot.

Cardiac Arrest were definitely the best supporting band of the night. This was their record release show for Vortex of Violence, which I picked up and it is AWESOME. Seriously, any remote fan of death metal needs to check this band out and listen to this album as well as their second one, Cadaverous Presence. So as expected, their set leaned more towards the new material which wasn't a problem since the new album rips.

Bones were cool, I'd never seen them before but they play some solid death metal. Kinda got sidetracked during their set and went to get an Autopsy shirt.

Cianide were fantastic. I made it to the rail on stage right and was lucky enough to be by some people I knew from Milwaukee next to me, as well as the batshit, lunatic, possibly drugged out Cianide fangirls right behind me. God damn they were annoying as all fucking hell. One of them just lost it and started attacking my friend next to me by pulling his hair, trying to grab his ear piercings/gauges and grabbing his neck. FOR NO REASON. He, shit, NO ONE did anything to start this fight. We're just trying to have a good time watching Cianide kill it on stage and this bitch just loses it and attacks people up front. She was also doing this to the other guy next to him and he actually hit back in pure 100% self defense. This bitch was going nuts and I do believe she got kicked out. Thank god, that kind of attitude is fucking inexcusable. But other than that crap, Cianide were killer!

And Autopsy... my god, I can't believe I can actually say I saw them in Chicago. Those guys were just phenomenal. I was very, VERY happy when they played the Mental Funeral songs. Especially Twisted Mass of Burnt Decay and In the Grip of Winter back to back! Slaughterday was so crushing live as well. And ending with 3 songs from Severed Survival was a hell of a way to finish the set. I seriously can't wait to see them AGAIN this month!

One of the best shows I've been to and will more than likely be the #1 show of the year aside from MDF.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:21 AM
Remember - today is the first day of the end of your life

Incredible line-up! I saw Cardiac Arrest 2 years ago with Destroyer 666 and they were awesome. Cianide must be heavy as hell too.

http://www.last.fm/user/voidflame
Old 05-06-2012, 12:02 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMetal468 View Post
I posted the sets at 3 AM last night and passed out right after. I guess I'll give a brief review.

It was a sold out show and people were coming from out of state to see Autopsy and awesome local support. They hadn't been in the midwest since 92 or 93, but they were happy to be back. Every band made an effort to tell the crowd that they were awesome, because indeed, everyone was going crazy for every band.

Reign Inferno were great. They play very fast death/grind and are always a pleasure to see. For those who don't know, the bassist of Reign Inferno is the same bassist of Jungle Rot.

Cardiac Arrest were definitely the best supporting band of the night. This was their record release show for Vortex of Violence, which I picked up and it is AWESOME. Seriously, any remote fan of death metal needs to check this band out and listen to this album as well as their second one, Cadaverous Presence. So as expected, their set leaned more towards the new material which wasn't a problem since the new album rips.

Bones were cool, I'd never seen them before but they play some solid death metal. Kinda got sidetracked during their set and went to get an Autopsy shirt.

Cianide were fantastic. I made it to the rail on stage right and was lucky enough to be by some people I knew from Milwaukee next to me, as well as the batshit, lunatic, possibly drugged out Cianide fangirls right behind me. God damn they were annoying as all fucking hell. One of them just lost it and started attacking my friend next to me by pulling his hair, trying to grab his ear piercings/gauges and grabbing his neck. FOR NO REASON. He, shit, NO ONE did anything to start this fight. We're just trying to have a good time watching Cianide kill it on stage and this bitch just loses it and attacks people up front. She was also doing this to the other guy next to him and he actually hit back in pure 100% self defense. This bitch was going nuts and I do believe she got kicked out. Thank god, that kind of attitude is fucking inexcusable. But other than that crap, Cianide were killer!

And Autopsy... my god, I can't believe I can actually say I saw them in Chicago. Those guys were just phenomenal. I was very, VERY happy when they played the Mental Funeral songs. Especially Twisted Mass of Burnt Decay and In the Grip of Winter back to back! Slaughterday was so crushing live as well. And ending with 3 songs from Severed Survival was a hell of a way to finish the set. I seriously can't wait to see them AGAIN this month!

One of the best shows I've been to and will more than likely be the #1 show of the year aside from MDF.
Great review!! So happy you had a great time!!! And I agree, so far Autopsy is still easily the Best show of 2012 for me as far as i'm concerned. Nothing has topped this epic show as of yet. There was just something so special and unique about seeing Autopsy, as I said in the last post, it was somewhat legendary, at least for me it was..and it's easily a concert that I will never ever forget, and trust me.. i go to a lot of shows and they tend to sometimes turn into another wind that just passes me by in my memories, in other words, good show or maybe sometimes forgetful. Not the car for this though.. So glad I took the chance of getting off work "somewhat" early and making the one hour trek down to the show just in time to catch the last two hours of the concert, getting there just in time to see all of Incantations performance followed up by one of the best live settings I have ever seen by none other than Autopsy. And yup, same here Garagemetal, every time they spewed out a song off Mental Funeral I would have the biggest fucking grin on my face, which would eventually lead to massive amounts of head banging and jumping up and down like a child ahahhaha. jesus, they were so fucking heavy to hear....and don't get me started with Chris's voice...
11/14 - Slayer
Old 05-06-2012, 07:12 PM
THIS IS LHHC!

Besides Autopsy completely killing it, the highlights of the night for me were getting a Nunslaughter sticker from the drummer of Nunslaughter and spending Cianide's set standing right next to Trevor Strnad from The Black Dahlia Murder.
11/15 Eyehategod ?
11/21 Foxy Shazam ?
11/28 Hemdale ?
12/6 Helstar
Old 05-06-2012, 08:01 PM
It's fun to take a trip. Put acid in your veins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfitegrdan View Post
Besides Autopsy completely killing it, the highlights of the night for me were getting a Nunslaughter sticker from the drummer of Nunslaughter and spending Cianide's set standing right next to Trevor Strnad from The Black Dahlia Murder.
You lucky bastard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMetal468 View Post
One of them just lost it and started attacking my friend next to me by pulling his hair, trying to grab his ear piercings/gauges and grabbing his neck. FOR NO REASON. He, shit, NO ONE did anything to start this fight. We're just trying to have a good time watching Cianide kill it on stage and this bitch just loses it and attacks people up front. She was also doing this to the other guy next to him and he actually hit back in pure 100% self defense. This bitch was going nuts and I do believe she got kicked out. Thank god, that kind of attitude is fucking inexcusable.
Not fucking cool man, not fucking cool.

Overall, it sounded like this was a fucking sweet show.
10/28 - Mike Watt
10/29 - Melvins
11/7 - 7 Seconds
Old 05-06-2012, 08:45 PM
...the dead are among us!

Epic sets all around. I didn't know that Cardiac Arrest had a new one out. I need to pick that up.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:50 PM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfitegrdan View Post
Jim was there?

I'm not surprised. I saw a Schnauzer Steelers ticket on the merch table and I got a laugh out of it. Saw him at a Necrophagia show and he gave me like 4.

Tags
autopsy, bones, cardiac arrest, cianide