Harms Way:

Fantasy
Timing
Isolation
Delusion
Warriors Will Reign
Breeding Grounds
Scrambled

I know bits and pieces from other bands, but not full sets, so if I find them I'll post 'em. I know hatefivesix.com filmed everything, so as soon as they get that up, I'll help fill in some more if you guys are interested.

Concert was awesome. All the bands I saw on day 2 were phenomenal. TUI, Cruel Hand, and Harms Way were awesome as always, but what really surprised me was how fucking awesome Expire and especially the Mongoloids were live. Other than Death Threat and TUI, I'd say Mongoloids had the best pits. So much fun. I'd say there were probably 350 people there overall, but it worked out really well since it left a lot of open space on the floor to dance, and didn't have to get punched every 10 seconds you wanted to go in the pit. They put up a railing in front of the stage so no one would even attempt stagediving, but there were few people up front the whole time anyway.

Some more specific points:
  • I was very fine with that Harms Way set, though it could have been longer. It was nice seeing newer stuff live after I'd heard all the old stuff a couple weeks ago. Kicking it off with Fantasy was pretty insane, though I think I like Scrambled as an opener slightly more.
  • TUI set was almost perfect for me. The only improvement I would have liked would have been substitute in Still Cold for True Love, then go straight into Reality Unfolds from Still Cold like on the album. Shit was violent and crazy for Believe, Street Lights, Skeleton Heads, Half a Person, and especially Reality Unfolds. Also really pumped they threw in Soul Vice. Had an awesome time.
  • I hope some pictures get posted from the, uh, "professional photographers" (*cough* hipsters with a photo pass *cough*) scattered around the place; I had the mic thrown in my face many times for Trapped Under Ice and Cruel Hand.
  • Death Threat were fucking great live; it was very apparent that the guys in the pit for DT and 100 Demons were a different crowd than the kids earlier. Glad I got to see such an influential band live.

If more comes to me, I'll post it. It was a hardcore show; fill in the details.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:56 PM
#Controversial

You missed Argonauts?

Wish I could've gone but prioritizing dem limited funds son
Old 05-01-2012, 06:38 PM
though the vocals can be a little to extreme for me some times

I'll post from review tomorrow maybe. Let's just say I was there for about 11 hours and TUI may be on the coolest things I've ever done.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:22 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicbrian666 View Post
You missed Argonauts?

Wish I could've gone but prioritizing dem limited funds son
Naw, they were Day 1. I saw 'em too. To be honest, the only band I really enjoyed day 1 was Rotting Out.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:53 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Naw, they were Day 1. I saw 'em too. To be honest, the only band I really enjoyed day 1 was Rotting Out.
Didn't like FocusedxMinds?
Old 05-01-2012, 09:00 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
Didn't like FocusedxMinds?
Oh, I really liked FocusedxMinds, but there were like 5 other people there at the time, and nobody was moving around or anything, and they only played for about 15 minutes tops. Murphy's Law was super disappointing, and when I saw that there were under 100 people there at the time, and nobody was moving around at all, not even singing along, I went home to rest up for the next day instead of staying around for Negative Approach. :comeatmebros:

But yeah, I don't know how much detail you want me to go into for day 2. Rock Bottom were awesome, I warmed up hardcore dancing... Expire were amazing, I hardcore danced the whole time... Harm's Way were brutal as ever, I hardcore danced the whole time... The Mongoloids were fucking crazy, were way over the top straight edge in their message, and I hardcore danced the whole time... (I actually took a breather and sat back for Wisdom in Chains, but I liked them a lot)... Cruel Hand were great, I hardcore danced the whole time and sang all the lyrics I knew to Cruel Hand, Begin Descension, Day or Darkness, Life in Shambles, and Dead Weight... Trapped Under Ice were crazy, I hardcore danced the whole time but was too tired to scream most of the lyrics (screaming is way more tiring than moshing), but I got the mic thrown in my face for Believe, Half a Person, Born To Die, and Soul Vice... and then I sat back and watched the older dudes go at it for Death Threat and 100 Demons. I think it was slightly more crazy for Death Threat, though there was a bunch of moshing for both of 'em. Bruised both my heels from stomping around so much, poked a hole in the bottom of my sole and got a couple blisters, almost broke a blood vessel on my hand, bruised my wrist, bruised my shoulder and back, got punched in the jaw and in my left temple, could barely walk the next day. GREAT SUCCESS
Old 05-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
I went home to rest up for the next day instead of staying around for Negative Approach. :comeatmebros:
You can no longer be mad at me for missing Weekend Nachos
6/13-Goddamn Gallows
8/28-8/31-Muddy Roots

Tags
harms way, trapped under ice