High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014
Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014

Old 06-26-2012, 04:33 PM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
So the indie show I went to last night had one NO DQ match and they used a cookie sheet I gave them and one wrestler had my dad (we know the guy) throw a chair into the ring and then had everyone in the venue go old school ECW and all start throwing every chair into the venue.

And the hardcore tornado tag cage match WAS FUCKING OVER THE TOP INSANE! All four guys bled like pigs and used another cookie sheet I gave them. They all feel in thumb tacks a bunch, used a trashcan and a 2X4. Ended the match with one guy going off the top of the cage threw a table that was on fire. The guy lit it using a entire bottle of lighter fluid and the guy that went threw it stayed on fire. I was like 6 feet from the ring. INSANE!

I'm moving to Chicago.

Raw last night.. was ok, at least for what I was awake for.... the AJ/Kane storyline is so stupid, but Sycho Sid made a guest appearance against... some dude I can't remember, but always wrestles people just to make them look good, anyway, it was cool to see Sid.

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 06-26-2012, 06:42 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

The next show for that promotion will be their wrestlefest which will have Jerry Lynn (ECW!) and Golddust (first indy show ever).

It will also feature a deathmatch which from the promoter said will include fire, light bulbs, barbed wire, panes of glass and more.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:02 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

I've finished the first bluray in the newest WWE "ECW Unreleased Vol. 1" compilation. It's really not the best ECW compilation I've seen but it's still good. One thing I've found VERY surprising is how big of a star (in ECW standards anyway) they make Shane Douglas out to be. And the lack of Tommy Dreamer, Sandman, Gangstas, Dudley Boys and Raven. They seemed to really forget some of the guys that made ECW so important, on this video anyway. But, I guess most of those guys got their times to shine on other videos. This one has really focused a lot on Shane Douglas, Sabu and Rob Van Dam so far.

So far, halfway through I give it a 3 out of 5 and say that it's the worst of the WWE produced ECW videos I've seen, although I never saw the one called Extreme Rules they put out in late 2007(?), but I've seen a lot of the matches from that on different videos and it could be better than this one.
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Old 06-28-2012, 10:38 PM

I watched most of the first disc. That second match with Raven vs Dreamer was fucking awesome. They were really hitting each other hard some of the times.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:29 AM

I was pretty disappointed at the beginning of Disc 2 when Joey Styles goes out of his way to make Mike Awesome look really bad again. Anyone would do what he did. He hadn't been paid in a month and WCW was offering five times what his ECW contract would never pay him. Let the poor guy rest in peace.
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Old 06-29-2012, 11:36 AM

I'll have to watch it. I'm hoping disc 2 and 3 feature more "Hardcore" stuff.

Did you see WWE just put out a boxset that is the best of street fights.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:27 PM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

This ECW collection sounds very hit or miss. Is it all matches or is there some documentary to it too? "The Rise and Fall of ECW" is one of my favorite DVDs in my collection, so it'd be nice for more documentary style stuff.

dcmetal: Have you seen it or read any info on it? I just saw it advertised during RAW (i think) and it sounds like it could be a nice purchase. The Attitude Era Hardcore matches were some of the best entertainment in all of wrestling.

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 06-29-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
This ECW collection sounds very hit or miss. Is it all matches or is there some documentary to it too? "The Rise and Fall of ECW" is one of my favorite DVDs in my collection, so it'd be nice for more documentary style stuff.

dcmetal: Have you seen it or read any info on it? I just saw it advertised during RAW (i think) and it sounds like it could be a nice purchase. The Attitude Era Hardcore matches were some of the best entertainment in all of wrestling.
Hit or miss it the best way I'd describe it. There's stuff on it that's just awesome like the RVD & Sabu vs. Hayabus & Jinsei Shinzaki match and Mike Awesome vs. Masato Tanaka. But then there's stuff like Shane Douglas vs. 2 Cold Scorpio or Taz vs. Tommy Dreamer that isn't really worth getting excited over.

There's not too much talking, just Joey Styles setting up what was going on at the time before a few of the matches.

The best ECW video I've seen is probably the one WWE released called "Bloodsport".
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend

Last edited by adamclark52; 06-29-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:17 PM
I'm reaching out for something else.

You guys are all savages!?

Just messing! Ladder Match DVD and those WWE ECW's ones are pretty good. Terry Funk vs Sabu in that barbed wire match is just fucking crazy.

Hardcore wrestling in WWE has pretty much died though. Peeps raved about Taker/HHH HIAC this year but I thought it was whatever. Lesnar/Cena was bloody and well done though. Ladder matches even have lost their feel.
Tough Mudder-10/26
Real Friends/Neck Deep?-11/7
Old 06-29-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
You guys are all savages!?

Just messing! Ladder Match DVD and those WWE ECW's ones are pretty good. Terry Funk vs Sabu in that barbed wire match is just fucking crazy.

Hardcore wrestling in WWE has pretty much died though. Peeps raved about Taker/HHH HIAC this year but I thought it was whatever. Lesnar/Cena was bloody and well done though. Ladder matches even have lost their feel.
I've been trying to think what may be my all-time favorite ECW match and that may well be it. The part where Sabu's bicept gets ripped open and he's tapping it up, all while being suplexed by Funk and completly no-selling it, is probably one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

My favorite ECW memory as a whole is when Jerry Lawler "invaded" at Barely Legal. That whole segment was just intense.
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend