Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014
The Goddamn Gallows -- Long Beach, CA -- April 16th, 2014
Unearth -- Ottawa, Ontario -- April 15th, 2014
Black Sabbath -- Ottawa, Ontario -- April 13th, 2014

  #61  
Old 05-26-2012, 10:12 AM
dcmetal108's Avatar
dcmetal108 dcmetal108 is offline
though the vocals can be a little to extreme for me some times
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,901
I'm going to a Indy show tonight. First show I've been to in a while where I can be a complete fan. Matches will be great saying that a few of the wrestlers I've started to know personally from the other promotion I work for are wrestling. One is a tornado tag Chicago street fan.

Also guest tonight is WCW star DDP (Diamond Dallas Page). Always loved him and had like a pillow wrestler of him since I was like 4 so I am taking that and I'm going to have him sign it and take a picture of me and him holding it. Brings back memories.

Also going to have him sign my copy of "The Devils Rejects" too.
__________________
www.apocalypticdemise.com
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 05-29-2012, 11:15 AM
dcmetal108's Avatar
dcmetal108 dcmetal108 is offline
though the vocals can be a little to extreme for me some times
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,901
So two weeks ago I got to do my first two video interviews with a few pro wrestlers. No one huge but still cool enough to do it and hear stories. The Machine interview he actually states how he's a huge metalhead and that inspired him.

Undead Kingdom Reviews Interview With Hardcore Craig.

Undead Kingdom Reviews Interview With Machine
__________________
www.apocalypticdemise.com
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 06-02-2012, 08:10 PM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 3,357
So when Randy Orton violates the Wellness Policy a third time and is fired will the WWE not just be able to rehire him?
__________________
04/24 - Nile
05/18 - Abigail Williams
06/20 - Negura Bunget
07/04 - Agalloch
08/23 - Alice in Chains
12/06 - the Music of Final Fantasy
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 06-20-2012, 09:46 AM
dcmetal108's Avatar
dcmetal108 dcmetal108 is offline
though the vocals can be a little to extreme for me some times
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
So when Randy Orton violates the Wellness Policy a third time and is fired will the WWE not just be able to rehire him?
More than likely or they will just hire him back since he makes money. Why what did he do this time?


Also I am going to a local show Saturday night. It's going to be crazy. Main event is a tornado tag steel cage hardcore match. Last month the same match happened without a cage and it was great so can't wait.

Also will have another NO DQ match along with some other great matches! Can't wait!
__________________
www.apocalypticdemise.com
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 06-20-2012, 10:34 AM
Sepultura69's Avatar
Sepultura69 Sepultura69 is offline
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Planet Caravan
Posts: 3,425
I haven't watched WWF since they dropped the F and change it to WWE. I use to be a huge wrestling fanatic back in the day. RAW is War 90s attitude era was my shit back in the day, does anyone remember the main theme by anthrax that they would use to play during breaks and stuff? Awwww those were the good ol days, seeing Stone Cold Steve Austin at raw is war in person will always be one of the greatest moments of my life, he even through a bunch of steam wiser beers at our direction after the show was over ,

i'm not talking about that poppy cock bullshit raw that they have now with new lame rock pop papa roach bullshit music being played,

I'M TALKING ABOUT THIS SHIT MY PEOPLE, This was my era of wrestling. I'm glad i got to witness this generation of Wrestling, the greatest era, THE ATTITUDE ERA, 1997-2000 RIP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKaz_...eature=related

Oh and for those that are at lost, this is the Anthrax song i was talking about, they would always play this tune through out the 2 hour raw shows, especially when hyping up matches. It's even more epic when you're at the show and the song is just being blasted in your face as you await the next match, especially during commercial breaks. Good times..

ANTHRAX Monday night raw is war theme song. Goddamn i forgot how epic raw is war and old WWF use to be.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUG0bCjA3BM

One of the best wrestling shows will alway be Wrestlemania 2000, I was there at the anahiem pond and witnessed the epic fatal 4 way elimination match between big show, rock, mick foley, and triple h for Triple HS world heavy weight title, and it was technically MICK foleys last match. But nothing will ever beat the first time i saw stone cold steve austin on raw is war, it was like seeing slayer for the first time or something, just an incredible feeling and experience i will never forget that shit. Too bad i have only had the opportunity to see stone cold once, I didn't get to start hitting up wresting events and shows until around 2000 and so forth, with Wrestlemania 2000 being my first wrestling event ever, or as some would like to call it, WrestleMania XVI..

Just felt like dropping my two cents, had no idea we had a fucking wrestling thread until now. Too bad I stopped watching Wrestling once John Cena and other douchers infected the company. World Wrestling Federation 97-2000 attitude era will always be my hey days of Wrestling. Kind of fell of the tip mark, but what do i know, i haven't watched wrestling in probably more than five years. But hopefully it's not as shitty as i last remember.
__________________
2/15 - METAL CHURCH
3/23 - Sleep
4/26 - Black Sabbath
5/11 - Saint Vitus

Last edited by Sepultura69; 06-20-2012 at 10:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 06-21-2012, 04:36 AM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,855
2001 and 2002 were good years to and I think those years are still considered part of the attitude era. I went to a ton of wrestling shows back then whenever they hit my town, Rochester or up in Ontario Canada. From '97-2002 you couldn't stop me from going to see the WWF live. I even went to a number of WCW shows during the monday night wars and my city was a regular stop for ECW and I never missed a show from them here. It all fucked up once Vince bought WCW and ECW out and decided to make it all one show. The worst thing was sperating the rosters between Raw and Smackdown. That idea ran it's course years ago yet they still do it now.

The WWE has been bad for awhile but usually there's always a few guys I like that keep me watching still.There's only two reasons to watch now are CM Punk and Daniel Bryan. If it weren't for them two I would've completely stopped watching but they're both good enough to keep my interest.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 06-21-2012, 09:11 AM
Sepultura69's Avatar
Sepultura69 Sepultura69 is offline
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Planet Caravan
Posts: 3,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
2001 and 2002 were good years to and I think those years are still considered part of the attitude era. I went to a ton of wrestling shows back then whenever they hit my town, Rochester or up in Ontario Canada. From '97-2002 you couldn't stop me from going to see the WWF live. I even went to a number of WCW shows during the monday night wars and my city was a regular stop for ECW and I never missed a show from them here. It all fucked up once Vince bought WCW and ECW out and decided to make it all one show
Same here! I use to hit up WWF shows all the time when ever they were in my town, especially the ones that weren't broadcasted live, i liked the NON-live events more because tickets were cheaper and the shows were over all "smaller" than the smack down, RAW counterparts, plus they would take out the titan trons making their entrance quite short so you were even closer to the super stars than ever before(at least this was how it was for MY show). That's awesome that you got to hit up some WCW shows and ecw as well! I never had the opportunity to go to any wcw or ecw shows. All though I use to watch all three brand respectively. The only thing I hated about WCW Nitro was that it would be played one hour before WWF Raw is war, and then once Raw is war started I would have to flip back from USA to watch raw and back to TNN to watch WCW nitro, it was pretty annoying. I loved WCW just as much as WWF at some point so it was kind of a bitch flipping through wwf raw to see whats going on in WCW nitro. Having both brands play their respective programs at same time during the last hour of one show and the first hour of the other was just retarded to the max. It's a damn shame they had to kill off wcw. There were moments in the coming years when i though WCW had the upper hand on WWF, but then wwf would do something to out do wcw, and then wcw would pull out something from their sleeves, a never ending cyle of the Monday night wars.

Speaking of Vince buying the brands, I totally remember the ECW WCW vs WWF story line, holy shit was that pretty awesome and refreshing. I remember Rob Van Damn being one of the people on the opposite brand that EVERYONE LOVED, even though they were the "heels" technically, but what ever RVD did he would always have everyone on his side with massive amounts of cheers and Applauses. ahahhaha, i remember that quite well. I wanna say i stopped watching Wrestling over all around the time that whole WWF Vs WCW ECW thing died down and john cena starting infecting the company, but this was before john cent went all I'M A RAPPER AND GOTTA DRESS LIKE I'M HOOD HOP. Back when john cent was just a white dude in tight black undies ahahahah

Also Sanatarium, You're right I take that back, I would say the Attitude era went as far back to 2001-2002, but after 2002 it went down hill from there. 2001-2002 definitely had its epic moments. Kurt angle shined a lot during those years, The rock got into some epic feuds, Undertaker made his triumphant return at Judgement Day in 2001 as the Motorcycle driving, bad ass walking mean mother fucking DEAD MAN, STONE COLD going full on Heel and joining forces with vince mc mahan, damn fuck me side ways i can't believe i still even remember most of these. Glad the wrestling guy in me still has it. Hell I still have some of my past shirts and merchandises from past shows like my Y2J RAW IS JERICHO, DEAD MAN INC, the Rocks 9/11 shirt, and other shirts from past wrestling events that i have purchased.

This thread might actually be pretty cool. Nice to know there is a thread were i can pretty much blabber on about my old Wrestling life from back in the day. I can literally go on from King of the Ring Hell in the Cell 98 foley vs Undertaker up until 2002 when Kane took his mask off and went all crazy schizophrenic on us. I remember so much shit from my old wrestling days, the awesome story lines, even the border line retarded ones, like Triple H dressed up as kane and having sex with a dead corpse.....
__________________
2/15 - METAL CHURCH
3/23 - Sleep
4/26 - Black Sabbath
5/11 - Saint Vitus

Last edited by Sepultura69; 06-21-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 06-21-2012, 09:35 AM
dcmetal108's Avatar
dcmetal108 dcmetal108 is offline
though the vocals can be a little to extreme for me some times
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,901
haha I am diehard wrestling fan. Love off WWF and diehard WCW and ECW fan.

I'm just shocked now thinking about it , how many big names wrestlers I've met and talked to.

To name some :

X-Pac
Bad Ass Billy Gunn
Road Dogg
Petey Williams (TNA)
Kevin Nash
Jerry Lynn
Steve Carrino
Rhyno (3 times)
Terry Funk (twice) *
Mad Dog Vachune *
J.R. (WWE) *
Gerald Briscoe *
Mick Foley (asshole) *
Hacksaw Jim Duggane *
Larry "The Axe" Henning *
DDP (WCW)
Baron Von Rasche *
Bob Roop *
And prolly about 10 more I cant think of


The ones with the * next to their name I met in Iowa last year when my dad and I traveld up to the wrestling hall of fame and go to go watch a roundtable discussion with the guys (maybe 50 fans to to watch it), then go to a meet and greet. Then after that we got pizza and sat behind JR. Later that night we went into a conference room and got to hang out and drink with everything then they had a giant dinner for us all and the award ceremony. After that we all just hung around again. 90% of the guys would just take 100's of pictures with you, stand around and joke and generally were just happy to be there and talk to you.
__________________
www.apocalypticdemise.com
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 06-21-2012, 09:35 AM
dcmetal108's Avatar
dcmetal108 dcmetal108 is offline
though the vocals can be a little to extreme for me some times
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard in Black 666 View Post
Same here! I use to hit up WWF shows all the time when ever they were in my town, especially the ones that weren't broadcasted live, i liked the NON-live events more because tickets were cheaper and the shows were over all "smaller" than the smack down, RAW counterparts, plus they would take out the titan trons making their entrance quite short so you were even closer to the super stars than ever before(at least this was how it was for MY show). That's awesome that you got to hit up some WCW shows and ecw as well! I never had the opportunity to go to any wcw or ecw shows. All though I use to watch all three brand respectively. The only thing I hated about WCW Nitro was that it would be played one hour before WWF Raw is war, and then once Raw is war started I would have to flip back from USA to watch raw and back to TNN to watch WCW nitro, it was pretty annoying. I loved WCW just as much as WWF at some point so it was kind of a bitch flipping through wwf raw to see whats going on in WCW nitro. Having both brands play their respective programs at same time during the last hour of one show and the first hour of the other was just retarded to the max. It's a damn shame they had to kill off wcw. There were moments in the coming years when i though WCW had the upper hand on WWF, but then wwf would do something to out do wcw, and then wcw would pull out something from their sleeves, a never ending cyle of the Monday night wars.

Speaking of Vince buying the brands, I totally remember the ECW WCW vs WWF story line, holy shit was that pretty awesome and refreshing. I remember Rob Van Damn being one of the people on the opposite brand that EVERYONE LOVED, even though they were the "heels" technically, but what ever RVD did he would always have everyone on his side with massive amounts of cheers and Applauses. ahahhaha, i remember that quite well. I wanna say i stopped watching Wrestling over all around the time that whole WWF Vs WCW ECW thing died down and john cena starting infecting the company, but this was before john cent went all I'M A RAPPER AND GOTTA DRESS LIKE I'M HOOD HOP. Back when john cent was just a white dude in tight black undies ahahahah

Also Sanatarium, You're right I take that back, I would say the Attitude era went as far back to 2001-2002, but after 2002 it went down hill from there. 2001-2002 definitely had its epic moments. Kurt angle shined a lot during those years, The rock got into some epic feuds, Undertaker made his triumphant return at Judgement Day in 2001 as the Motorcycle driving, bad ass walking mean mother fucking DEAD MAN, STONE COLD going full on Heel and joining forces with vince mc mahan, damn fuck me side ways i can't believe i still even remember most of these. Glad the wrestling guy in me still has it. Hell I still have some of my past shirts and merchandises from past shows like my Y2J RAW IS JERICHO, DEAD MAN INC, the Rocks 9/11 shirt, and other shirts from past wrestling events that i have purchased.

This thread might actually be pretty cool. Nice to know there is a thread were i can pretty much blabber on about my old Wrestling life from back in the day. I can literally go on from King of the Ring Hell in the Cell 98 foley vs Undertaker up until 2002 when Kane took his mask off and went all crazy schizophrenic on us. I remember so much shit from my old wrestling days, the awesome story lines, even the border line retarded ones, like Triple H dressed up as kane and having sex with a dead corpse.....
Please dont remind me of that.
__________________
www.apocalypticdemise.com
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 06-21-2012, 09:53 AM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 3,357
I'd say the Attitude -era ended around Wrestlemania X7, which was around the same time that ECW and WCW died.
__________________
04/24 - Nile
05/18 - Abigail Williams
06/20 - Negura Bunget
07/04 - Agalloch
08/23 - Alice in Chains
12/06 - the Music of Final Fantasy
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:50 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008