Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Dropdead -- Scottsdale, AZ -- August 30, 2014
Chevelle -- Wallingford, CT -- August 30th, 2014
Morbid Saint -- Riverview, MI -- August 30th, 2014
Third Eye Blind -- Royal Oak, MI -- August 30th, 2014
Sleep -- Pioneertown, CA -- August 30th, 2014

  #581  
Old 01-12-2013, 08:35 PM
PVH5150 PVH5150 is offline
All Work & No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy.
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: WhiteyBulgerville
Posts: 2,950
Full list of 2013 PPVs

Royal Rumble 1/27/13 Phoenix, AZ
Elimination Chamber 2/17/13 New Orleans, LA
WrestleMania 4/7/13 East Rutherford, NJ
Extreme Rules 5/19/13 St. Louis, MO
TBD 6/16/13 Chicago, IL
Money In The Bank 7/14/13 Philadelphia, PA
SummerSlam 8/18/13 Los Angeles, CA
Night Of Champions 9/15/13 Detroit, MI
Over The Limit 10/6/13 Buffalo, NY
Hell In A Cell 10/27/13 Miami, FL
Survivor Series 11/24/13 Boston, MA
TLC 12/15/13 Houston, TX
Reply With Quote
  #582  
Old 01-12-2013, 08:40 PM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,376
I will be ordering the Royal Rumble this year. I do every year. It's consistantly my favorite PPV. Even if the Rock wins, whatever. Me and my wife print out a list of all the participants and try to guess who's next, competing for the title "Queen of the Rumble". I won last year.

I may order Wrestlemania just because it's Wrestlemania. It depends on if I get my kids to bed in time. Last year I had my son sleeping by 7:45 and was ready to go, and I forgot that Wrestlemania always starts an hour earlier. So I wasn't going to pay for a show that was already an hour in (and I read results online and was just a little off-put by the first match).
__________________
09/19 - Deafheaven
09/26 - Belphegor
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy
Reply With Quote
  #583  
Old 01-12-2013, 09:46 PM
PVH5150 PVH5150 is offline
All Work & No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy.
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: WhiteyBulgerville
Posts: 2,950
I'm shocked we're getting another PPV so soon. We had Rumble 11 & Night of Champions 12. Now Survivor Series 13 (we also has Survivor Series 08).

Before that, they were few and far between.

Survivor Series 93, Wrestlemania 14, King of the Ring 2000, Royal Rumble 03 & Summerslam 06. Probably more if you count Worcester & Providence, but I have no clue what those cities have hosted.

I don't like the fact that Los Angeles is the home of Summerslam now. That was one of the better events I went to when it was here in 2006.

I may try to get a nosebleed seat for Mania, just to say I was there. But that's a total crapshoot. Jersey in April? Could be 90 degrees, could be a blizzard.
Reply With Quote
  #584  
Old 01-13-2013, 07:16 AM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post
Full list of 2013 PPVs

Royal Rumble – 1/27/13 – Phoenix, AZ
Elimination Chamber – 2/17/13 – New Orleans, LA
WrestleMania – 4/7/13 – East Rutherford, NJ
Extreme Rules – 5/19/13 – St. Louis, MO
TBD – 6/16/13 – Chicago, IL
Money In The Bank – 7/14/13 – Philadelphia, PA
SummerSlam – 8/18/13 – Los Angeles, CA
Night Of Champions – 9/15/13 – Detroit, MI
Over The Limit – 10/6/13 – Buffalo, NY
Hell In A Cell – 10/27/13 – Miami, FL
Survivor Series – 11/24/13 – Boston, MA
TLC – 12/15/13 – Houston, TX
It's good to see they've settled on the location for the Rumble since it's only a couple weeks away

The last PPV I went to here was Armageddon 2008 where I had to witness the horror of Jeff Hardy winning his first WWE title in a triple threat against Edge and Triple H. Awesome crowd reaction when he won but to this day I don't get his appeal and the guy has zero talent. He has always had mathes with the best guys possible so Jeff Hardy has always looked way better than what he is. All the great matches he's been in are because a superior worker carried his ass. He has never once elvated anyone or helped to make anybody look good. I don't understand why this guy has been so protected by the wrestling world since he started.

Night Of Champions 2011 came here but I skipped that due to how badly they botched CM Punk's push after Summerslam that year. If the WWE is doing OK and the card looks like it might be worth checking out live i'll try and go to Over The Limit later this year. But that PPV is happening when the WWE is traditonally on their "don't give a shit until the Rumble" part of the year, so who knows if the card will be any good.
Reply With Quote
  #585  
Old 01-13-2013, 07:19 AM
PVH5150 PVH5150 is offline
All Work & No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy.
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: WhiteyBulgerville
Posts: 2,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
It's good to see they've settled on the location for the Rumble since it's only a couple weeks away

The last PPV I went to here was Armageddon 2008 where I had to witness the horror of Jeff Hardy winning his first WWE title in a triple threat against Edge and Triple H. Awesome crowd reaction when he won but to this day I don't get his appeal and the guy has zero talent. He has always had mathes with the best guys possible so Jeff Hardy has always looked way better than what he is. All the great matches he's been in are because a superior worker carried his ass. He has never once elvated anyone or helped to make anybody look good. I don't understand why this guy has been so protected by the wrestling world since he started.

Night Of Champions 2011 came here but I skipped that due to how badly they botched CM Punk's push after Summerslam that year. If the WWE is doing OK and the card looks like it might be worth checking out live i'll try and go to Over The Limit later this year. But that PPV is happening when the WWE is traditonally on their "don't give a shit until the Rumble" part of the year, so who knows if the card will be any good.
I disagree to a point. As a singles competitor, I can understand where you're coming from. However, I distinctly remember him & Matt having some of the most awesome tag team matches in the 1999-2001 window. Royal Rumble 2000 against the Dudleys & Mania 17 in the first TLC match come to mind.
Reply With Quote
  #586  
Old 01-13-2013, 08:04 PM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,376
During his first run with the WWE I thought Jeff Hardy was pretty good. All those TLC matches, the match with RVD at Invasion and especially the match against the Undertaker for the WWE title (in May or June 2002) was all great stuff. But yeah, he was just a spot monkey. I never saw too much ECW or X-Division stuff at that point, so Jeff Hardy was the most extreme (X-Treme) high-flying guy I'd seen. I just don't buy him as World Champion material. Solid upper-mid card guy who steals the show; yes, absolutely, he did that for years. Guy who the show is built around and the marquee name; no. And I've probably read too much into the internet dirt sheets because now when I see they guy I just see a burnt out junkie who's going to end up like Jake Roberts (same goes for Matt, probably more so).

It also doesn't help that on one of his DVDs there was a section with his music...my wife wanted to watch it...we made it through about twenty seconds...dear god.
__________________
09/19 - Deafheaven
09/26 - Belphegor
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy

Last edited by adamclark52; 01-13-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #587  
Old 01-14-2013, 06:12 AM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post
I disagree to a point. As a singles competitor, I can understand where you're coming from. However, I distinctly remember him & Matt having some of the most awesome tag team matches in the 1999-2001 window. Royal Rumble 2000 against the Dudleys & Mania 17 in the first TLC match come to mind.
Those matches weren't great because of Jeff Hardy. They were great because of the gimmick and the fact that there were five awesome workers, Matt Hardy, The Dudleys and Edge and Christian to make it great. Look at his career, he's always been matched up with guys who at a completely other level than him. The reason for that is because he's not very good and he needs the best workers in order to make him look like he's something. Every great match he's every been in has always been because he's in the ring with people like The Undertaker, RVD, Kurt Angle, Eddie Guererro, CM Punk, Austin Aries and Bobby Roode. Those are just a few examples, the list goes on and on. The guy is incapable of having a good match unless he's going against the best workers possible. If Jeff Hardy was as special as they want us to believe he is then he could have a good match with anybody. That's what true main eventers and talented wrestlers do. Jeff Hardy has proven time and again that he can't get it done unless he has someone carry his useless ass to something special.

For some reason the wrestling world has always had a hard on for the guy and he gets handed everything and protected worse than Randy Orton has. I just don't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
During his first run with the WWE I thought Jeff Hardy was pretty good. All those TLC matches, the match with RVD at Invasion and especially the match against the Undertaker for the WWE title (in May or June 2002) was all great stuff. But yeah, he was just a spot monkey. I never saw too much ECW or X-Division stuff at that point, so Jeff Hardy was the most extreme (X-Treme) high-flying guy I'd seen. I just don't buy him as World Champion material. Solid upper-mid card guy who steals the show; yes, absolutely, he did that for years. Guy who the show is built around and the marquee name; no. And I've probably read too much into the internet dirt sheets because now when I see they guy I just see a burnt out junkie who's going to end up like Jake Roberts (same goes for Matt, probably more so).

It also doesn't help that on one of his DVDs there was a section with his music...my wife wanted to watch it...we made it through about twenty seconds...dear god.
It's funny the reason you liked Jeff Hardy is the main reason I didn't like him from the start. I had been watching ECW for a fews years before he came to the WWF and had seen RVD and Sabu do all this crazy high flying shit for awhile. Jeff Hardy was pretty much a copycat of what those two had been doing in ECW and he was a bad copycat to. Everything he did, all the high flying spots and risk taking was done first and much better by RVD and Sabu. I know wrestlers rip each other off all the time with moves and storylines but it was just so blantanly obvious Jeff was trying to be RVD and Sabu that it was just fuckin sad and unoriginal.

Jake Roberts has been trying to clean himself up recently from what i've read. Matt Hardy has got himself back together after his meltdown a couple years ago and is now werstling in ROH and i'm sure he's taking other independant bookings. I will give Jeff Hardy credit for one thing, it does seem he's sobered up and gone straight since he's come back to TNA. But he's just a terrible world champ and his reign has screwed up all the good shit TNA had been doing last year.
Reply With Quote
  #588  
Old 01-14-2013, 01:53 PM
dcmetal108's Avatar
dcmetal108 dcmetal108 is offline
Some People Call Me The White Devil
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post
Full list of 2013 PPVs

Royal Rumble 1/27/13 Phoenix, AZ
Elimination Chamber 2/17/13 New Orleans, LA
WrestleMania 4/7/13 East Rutherford, NJ
Extreme Rules 5/19/13 St. Louis, MO
TBD 6/16/13 Chicago, IL
Money In The Bank 7/14/13 Philadelphia, PA
SummerSlam 8/18/13 Los Angeles, CA
Night Of Champions 9/15/13 Detroit, MI
Over The Limit 10/6/13 Buffalo, NY
Hell In A Cell 10/27/13 Miami, FL
Survivor Series 11/24/13 Boston, MA
TLC 12/15/13 Houston, TX
I wonder what the Chicago one is?

Also remember the 20th anniversary Raw is on tonight!
__________________
www.apocalypticdemise.com
Reply With Quote
  #589  
Old 01-14-2013, 03:11 PM
PVH5150 PVH5150 is offline
All Work & No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy.
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: WhiteyBulgerville
Posts: 2,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
I wonder what the Chicago one is?

Also remember the 20th anniversary Raw is on tonight!
One can hope they bring back King of the Ring. Never understood why they got rid of that.
Reply With Quote
  #590  
Old 01-14-2013, 03:57 PM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
I wonder what the Chicago one is?
What was Junes PPV last year?
__________________
09/19 - Deafheaven
09/26 - Belphegor
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:09 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008