Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

The Story So Far -- Lawrence, KS -- September 30th, 2014
Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014
Saviours -- San Francisco, CA -- September 27th, 2014

Old 12-08-2012, 08:55 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

The forums want it to be the 1000th Raw. Fuckin idiots. Come on guys, yea it sucks Stone Cold couldn't make it, but that doesn't singlehandedly make it awful.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:52 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
You know I will say this TNA made a bigger recovery than anyone expected to. That company should have died halfway through last year. It's one thing to get rid of Russo, it's another thing to actually find a guy to properly carry a company (Bobby Roode).

and Sanitarium78, you're really gonna go by Kevin Nash logic?
No, but I was just trying to make a point about how interchaneable most of the ROH roster is right now. The bulk of them fit that vanilla midget thing Kevin Nash has talked about before. There's a few of them that have good personalities but most of the guys don't stand out fro the pack because they're jut wrestlers with no character to latch onto and make you interested in them.

You're right that TNA shouldn't be here now. I remember about a year before Russo got fired I was talking with a coworker of mine who's a big wrestling fan to about TNA's future. I told him it was looking more and more like WCW in it's dying days and it won't be around this time next year if they keep going this way. Well, it looks like Dixie Carter and whoever else has the power backstage (Hogan? Bischoff? Sting maybe? or the company brass) realized Russo wasn't the answer anymore and fired his ass. Ever since then TNA has been the best wrestling show on TV. They no longer have the illogical and nonsensical plot twists and gimmick bullshit Russo pulled all the time. They have solid long term story plans and they let things play out and most importantly they've built up a lot of their own guys to be stars in the company. Mainly Bobby Roode and James Storm, who have had the rivalry of 2012 no doubt about it. AJ Styles and Samoa Joe are relevant again and Christopher Daniels and Kazarian are the tag team of the year.

They still rely on the former WWE guys a bit too much but at least they've made a number of the life long TNA guys stars in the company who are equal to the status of the former WWE guys.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:47 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
The forums want it to be the 1000th Raw. Fuckin idiots. Come on guys, yea it sucks Stone Cold couldn't make it, but that doesn't singlehandedly make it awful.
You know what, it probably will get nominated. And maybe win. Wrestling fans can always find something wrong with anything.

After I posted last night I remebered two other good nominees:
- AJ Lee, a lot of people tell me she's good but what I've seen has been cringe-worthy
- Hornswaggle as the Mystery GM, I can't remember if this was revealed this year, but if it was then it's a clear-cut winner.
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
Old 12-09-2012, 07:45 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Honestly, Hornswoggle as the mystery GM was the only way that thing could have been handled properly. That thing was such an awful nuisance that if he was revealed to be someone over they would have lost so much credibility.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:25 AM

It definately wasn't a disappointment on par with 'Vince as the Higher Power' or 'Who is Vince's Other Child?'. But RD Rynolds hates anything Hornswaggle and his fans will vote for it. I actually like how it sort of disappeared for a long time, because I wanted to forget it. And for a long time it looked like Michael Cole was going to be behind it. And that would've been another stinky, filthy, dirty layer to that onion.

But we've been able to come up with almost ten decent nominations. It just wasn't a year where something jumped at you as so terrible. I mean, when I watched the Royal Rumble in 2011 I knew Michael Cole would win the Gooker, and that was in January.
11/30 - Devin Townsend

Last edited by adamclark52; 12-09-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:26 PM
And now itís time to pull through. Something I must do with or without you.

I dig The Shield and what I saw from Raw was good specifically that Ziggler/Sheamus match and Cesaro/Kofi match. Plus the ending was aight too. TLC might be a good card.
Tough Mudder-10/26
TGI/ETID-11/15
Old 12-10-2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
It definately wasn't a disappointment on par with 'Vince as the Higher Power' or 'Who is Vince's Other Child?'. But RD Rynolds hates anything Hornswaggle and his fans will vote for it. I actually like how it sort of disappeared for a long time, because I wanted to forget it. And for a long time it looked like Michael Cole was going to be behind it. And that would've been another stinky, filthy, dirty layer to that onion.

But we've been able to come up with almost ten decent nominations. It just wasn't a year where something jumped at you as so terrible. I mean, when I watched the Royal Rumble in 2011 I knew Michael Cole would win the Gooker, and that was in January.
I was at the Rumble. Diesel returning = Markout moment of the year.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:57 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
You know what, it probably will get nominated. And maybe win. Wrestling fans can always find something wrong with anything.

After I posted last night I remebered two other good nominees:
- AJ Lee, a lot of people tell me she's good but what I've seen has been cringe-worthy
- Hornswaggle as the Mystery GM, I can't remember if this was revealed this year, but if it was then it's a clear-cut winner.
AJ is good on the mic and is playing her metally unstable character pretty well. She's also pretty solid in the ring to but the WWE won't let her show that since they want her to play the annoying underdog role and only win with surprise rollups. Because that will give her in ring credibility over actually having her wrestle, fuckin idiot Vince. She would be better off in TNA where they actually care about their female performers and let them wrestle. Same goes for Eve, Layla and Natalya. The pay maybe better but they're wasting all the years they trained to become decent female wrestlers by sticking around in the WWE.

Quote:
It just wasn't a year where something jumped at you as so terrible.
It also wasn't a year where anything jumped out that was that great either. Punk's long title run should've meant so much more than it has. I love that he's held the belt this long but they've made me lose all interest in it now that I know Dwayne is gonna come back and beat him and make the loss very anticlimatic. That pretty much explains the whole year though, a few good things did happen but overall the WWE just didn't make them as memorable as they could've.

All you need to know about how bad 2012 was for the WWE is that they botched Jericho's return. His whole run this year did nothing for anybody. Seriously, how the hell do you fuck up a Jericho return? They tried to salvage it by having him turn face in the end but it didn't last long enough to mean anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post
I was at the Rumble. Diesel returning = Markout moment of the year.
The reaction he got was so loud on TV, how did it sound being there in person?

Yet, another thing the WWE botched recently. They could've captilized on the reaction he got at the Rumble and gave Nash a nice little sendoff match as Diesel at Wrestlmania. Instead they came up with that stupid angle with Punk/HHH which didn't make any sense and completely killed Punk's momentum and made Nash look like a complete idiot.

Vince just has no fuckin clue anymore.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post

The reaction he got was so loud on TV, how did it sound being there in person?

Yet, another thing the WWE botched recently. They could've captilized on the reaction he got at the Rumble and gave Nash a nice little sendoff match as Diesel at Wrestlmania. Instead they came up with that stupid angle with Punk/HHH which didn't make any sense and completely killed Punk's momentum and made Nash look like a complete idiot.

Vince just has no fuckin clue anymore.
After watching the Blu-Ray of the event, it was probably 20 times louder in person. Easily the biggest pop of the night. From what I remember, the crowd reaction from Booker T's return sounded louder on the Blu-Ray, but wasn't nearly as loud in person.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post
After watching the Blu-Ray of the event, it was probably 20 times louder in person. Easily the biggest pop of the night. From what I remember, the crowd reaction from Booker T's return sounded louder on the Blu-Ray, but wasn't nearly as loud in person.
TV reactions never give justice to the volume of reactions in person. I can't emphesize how loud it was in the Skydome during Rock vs. Hogan at Wrestlemania X8. Probably louder than any concert I've ever been to in my life.
11/30 - Devin Townsend