Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014

Old 08-21-2014, 09:56 AM
with his arms outstretched

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
So Bubba Ray is done with TNA now. It'd be cool to see him and Devon make one final run WWE, or just come back and be inducted in the hall of fame.
His leaving TNA is a HUGE blow to them. He was pretty much their biggest star and he was going in to their Hall of Fame in October.

On a related note, Dixie sent out a press releae yesterday that said they've swung a deal to stay on Spike through the end of December. And she spelled every word right!

12/27 -- Unearth/Protest the Hero
03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2
Old 08-21-2014, 10:51 AM
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
His leaving TNA is a HUGE blow to them. He was pretty much their biggest star and he was going in to their Hall of Fame in October.

On a related note, Dixie sent out a press releae yesterday that said they've swung a deal to stay on Spike through the end of December. And she spelled every word right!
I'm glad their getting a deal to last til the end of the year. It'll give them time to get their shit together and prove themselves to Spike that they can bring it. They need to solidify THEIR wrestlers. The ones they've had and grown in their own territory and stop relying on ex-WWE guys. I know a lot of guys from ROH, indies, Japan, Mexico are there now, but TNA has molded them a bit into their own style there.

Losing Bully/Bubba will definitely make a big dent in them, but luckily they have episodes filmed for a good month now, so they'll be able to HOPEFULLY build up now with their down time they have.

But like I said previously, they need to focus on their guys, their tag division, the X Division, the stuff they specialize in.

- Bobby Roode
- James Storm
- Sanada
- The Wolves
- Austin Aries
- Samoa Joe
- The Jersey Shore Guys
- EC3

And a few others, if they put their time and effort into building them as their own then they can make it.

Funeral Age
funeralage.com

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom
Old 08-21-2014, 11:16 AM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Its sad he doesn't have the Macho McMahon look that WWE likes to have as their face of the company. I missed the match last night, fell asleep early, but sounds amazing. It's no wonder WWE is hiring so many of the Indy Scene big wigs, they put on AMAZING matches.

On a different note, with the new logo in place, and new titles needing to be made to support said logo, maybe we'll get some new tag team titles that don't look like giant pennies.
This. All of this! I hate the tag titles so much.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:04 PM
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!

Apparently ODB is done with TNA as well. She hasn't been on TV since April, and I forgot all about her, but its a bummer since she was there when the Knockout division took off and was different from all the other female wrestlers, and kicked ass

Funeral Age
funeralage.com

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom
Old 08-21-2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Apparently ODB is done with TNA as well. She hasn't been on TV since April, and I forgot all about her, but its a bummer since she was there when the Knockout division took off and was different from all the other female wrestlers, and kicked ass
I find her strangely attractive. Like one of your moms drunken friends. Did you know she was with the WWE for a while, back in the OVW days.

07/06 -- U2
Old 08-24-2014, 01:06 PM
So either make a change or shut the fuck up about it already.

What I saw from SS I dug.

Lumberjack match was fun, Stephanie won , Orton's shoulders must've been dead cuz he carried Reigns(worst that Cena in terms of wrestling) and Lesnar destroyed Cena!

Rollins vs Ambrose on Raw was amazing. Def one of the best matches this year cannot wait til they look up in Hell in a Cell!
Old 08-24-2014, 03:48 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
Orton's shoulders must've been dead cuz he carried Reigns(worst that Cena in terms of wrestling) and Lesnar destroyed Cena!
Agreed on Orton carrying Reigns. I've read good reviews of that match and i'm not sure what the hell those people were watching? Reigns has got a long way to go as an in ring performer and I find it hard to believe that he will be ready by next wrestlemania to be the face of the company and beat Lesnar like all the online rumors say. Even Cena did a year or so in the midcard as US champ before he became the guy. Reigns could benefit from a long US or IC title run first so he can learn how to work before he becomes the champ and is the next face of the company.

Reigns has the look, charisma and bad ass swagger but his ring work is just not there yet and I don't think he'll be ready to believably beat the Brock Lesnar we saw at Summerslam by next wrestlemania. My prediction is that Reigns ends up being the modern day version of Lex Luger. That's not a bad thing but just like Lex he has almost everything needed to be the guy but for whatever reason he can't quite get there.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Agreed on Orton carrying Reigns. I've read good reviews of that match and i'm not sure what the hell those people were watching? Reigns has got a long way to go as an in ring performer and I find it hard to believe that he will be ready by next wrestlemania to be the face of the company and beat Lesnar like all the online rumors say. Even Cena did a year or so in the midcard as US champ before he became the guy. Reigns could benefit from a long US or IC title run first so he can learn how to work before he becomes the champ and is the next face of the company.

Reigns has the look, charisma and bad ass swagger but his ring work is just not there yet and I don't think he'll be ready to believably beat the Brock Lesnar we saw at Summerslam by next wrestlemania. My prediction is that Reigns ends up being the modern day version of Lex Luger. That's not a bad thing but just like Lex he has almost everything needed to be the guy but for whatever reason he can't quite get there.
It's just a case of striking while the iron is hot. But by Wrestlemania I think his luster will have worn off.

As for the match. It probably was pretty good but it had to follow the Steph/Brie match (which was entertaining) and it had to go on before Brock. I think by that point of the pay per view people were just waiting to see what happened in that match. And what a payoff. I haven't even bought Wrestlemania XXX yet (or Wrestlemania XXIX for that matter) but I'm getting Summerslam on bluray the day it comes out.

And why is the WWE being such dicks with letting Rey Mysterio go? Does the guy really have anything else to offer them? Does he even have anything to offer any other company? The guy is a wreck, a liability, a walking injury waiting to happen and most importantly: a shell of his former self. I just don't get it.

07/06 -- U2

Last edited by adamclark52; 08-24-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:11 PM
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!

Quote:
According to Syfy’s programming calendar on its official website, WWE Smackdown is being listed on Thursday nights beginning on October 2nd.

WWE Smackdown will precede “Haven,” which stars WWE Hall of Famer Adam “Edge” Copeland.

Smackdown debuted in 1999 as a Thursday night series but was moved to Fridays in 2005.

WWE has been willing to move the series to another night for quite some time now, and has even discussed broadcasting the series live on Tuesdays during their most recent TV negotiations.
I used to love watching Smackdown, it just fit with Thursday nights, but when they moved it to Fridays (which I cannot belive was almost 10 years ago.... thats unbelievable) I stopped. I would always be out with friends or at concerts or whatever on Fridays, so I could never keep up with it, so I think this is great its moving back to Thursdays. I probably still won't watch it , but it'll be much easier!

Funeral Age
funeralage.com

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom
Old 08-25-2014, 03:31 PM
So either make a change or shut the fuck up about it already.

Quote:
I used to love watching Smackdown, it just fit with Thursday nights, but when they moved it to Fridays (which I cannot belive was almost 10 years ago.... thats unbelievable) I stopped. I would always be out with friends or at concerts or whatever on Fridays, so I could never keep up with it, so I think this is great its moving back to Thursdays. I probably still won't watch it , but it'll be much easier!
Pretty much this. If Smackdown was live it give me more reason to watch usually I read spoilers and see whats worth watching.