Protest the Hero -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 27th, 2014
Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014

Old 08-17-2014, 06:37 PM
with his arms outstretched

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
I'm looking at live results.... sooooo.... Rusev vs Swagger wasn't actually a FLAG match as everyone (even JBL) thought..... that's fucking stupid.
Yeah. What is a "flag match" even? Like Capture the Flag? Or one of those old Russo ______ on a Pole matches where you have to jump onto the turnbuckle and grab a flag? It actually wasn't a bad match. The crowd was hot. So was Lana. I was expecting Hogan to come out and stop the festivities afterwards. But they already brought him out at the beginning of the show to shill the Network.

03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2
Old 08-17-2014, 07:21 PM

That was a pretty sweet counter to the Spear by Randy Orton.

07/06 -- U2
Old 08-17-2014, 07:36 PM

If Leanar had won with that first F-5 thirty seconds in it would have renewed my faith in the WWE.

07/06 -- U2
Old 08-17-2014, 07:48 PM
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
Yeah. What is a "flag match" even? Like Capture the Flag? Or one of those old Russo ______ on a Pole matches where you have to jump onto the turnbuckle and grab a flag? It actually wasn't a bad match. The crowd was hot. So was Lana. I was expecting Hogan to come out and stop the festivities afterwards. But they already brought him out at the beginning of the show to shill the Network.
It's a match where there are two flags, one on one turnbuckle, the other on the one across. Goal is to get YOUR flag. Like a "Blank on a Pole Match". There have been quite a few, but they haven't done one for years, think the last was Hunico (Sin Cara) vs Ted DiBiase. That would have been way more interesting, IMO.

Funeral Age
funeralage.com

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom
Old 08-17-2014, 07:52 PM

That was a thing of beauty. That is what a fan like me who's become so far disconnected from the WWE needs to see. He just took everything since Wrestlemania 21 and suplexed it sixteen times.

07/06 -- U2

Last edited by adamclark52; 08-17-2014 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:20 PM
Concert Veteran

That was a very good show except for Orton and Reigns. I know there's all these rumors about Reigns becoming the next face of the company but I just don't see it. He did absolutely nothing tonight to convince me that he's even remotely ready for that. Orton carried him to an average match. Reigns might be ready in two or three years but not now. If they trust him into the main event by next wrestlemania like the reports say, it will fail and he will end up the modern day version of Lex Luger instead of the new John Cena.

They need to format every PPV like this one going forward. There was no bullshit between matches and the whole card just went from one match to the next. Hopefully this continues, we need more action and less talk and that's exactly what we got tonight.

I'm not surprised Lesnar won but I am surprised they had him kill Cena the way he did. It actually made sense while I was watching it though. They want him to be this dominate champion, so taking out Cena like that will get people to buy that. It was a nice and refreshing to see Cena get his ass handed to him like that after all these years of him dominating the company and never losing. The issue they have now is that there is no one on the roster that can beat Lesnar. After beating Taker and mania and destroying Cena tonight, the fans won't buy anyone beating Lesnar for the title. He'll have to get stripped of it in order to lose it. I see Lesnar's title reign lasting for a long time, possibly a year or more.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:56 PM

I thought it was the greatest thing I've seen in years. After watching so many pay per views and leaving disappointed to finally see that. He wasn't just manhandling John Cena. He was manhandling "Sports Entertainment" and the shit the WWE has become. He was throwing the last ten years around the ring and showing it who was boss.

But you're right, how can ANYONE beat him? It was almost too much of a beat-down. Having the finish after that first F-5 may have been better. But, after Summerslam 2002 we all asked how anyone could beat him. And the only way anyone did was by Heyman turning on him. Which I can't see happening.

I do love Brock Lesnar. It's too bad he has such a rotten attitude. He could be in my top five. But maybe it's that terrible attitude that makes me love him even more.

The rest of the show was very, very good.

the Miz verses Dolph Ziggler was a good opener that could have gone on a lot longer. I know you hate him but I really love Ziggler. But in the place that he's in. A good guy who you can always depend on.

AJ verses Paige was a good match. I really don't like AJ at all but it was a better Divas match than others I've seen.

The Flag Match had a good, hot crowd so that made it more fun for me. And since I'm not American I was glad Russev won. I can't buy Swagger as a face, ever.

The Lumberjack Match was insane. But I thought it could have been much more. Blood and weapons could've made it off the hook. If they have a No Holds Barred or Hell in the Cell match between the two I'd probably watch the pay per view just for that. And I marked hard when Goldust got in Kane's face. I've given Goldust shit in the past but it was good to see a wiley veteran get in his face rather than a bozo like Kofi. For some reason though I got very sad seeing Rob Van Dam standing on the outside. There were other guys there that are great wresters that I would've rather seen in matches but just seeing him standing there with everyone...I don't know I felt sad.

Jericho verses Bray Wyatt I can't even really remember.

Stephanie verses Brie Bella was better than I expected. Both of them make me vomit in my mouth (for different reasons) but it was nice to see them both get the shit kicked out of them. If you looked up "shit adamclark52 could care a less about" on the internet you'd see the swerve at the end though. I fucking hate the Bellas.

Randy verses Reigns was not good. I still think Orton is good in this role as an upper midcarded. But I think the sheen is starting to wear off on Roman Reigns.

I've said my piece on the main event. My enjoyment and lasting impression of the whole event hinged on it and I left happy. Had Cena won I probably would've just been disappointed, since I don't care any more. And there was never a moment in the match that I wasn't thinking he wouldn't still pull it off. But it was one of the best things I've seen in a WWE ring in a long time. My hands were actually sore from clapping so damn hard at the end. I haven't been that invested in wrestling since One Night Stand 2005.

The only thing I can say I didn't like was Hogan at the beginning. I just thought that was sad. That they've got one of the all-time greats on their payroll again and all they have him do is shill the Network everywhere he goes.

I'll give it a four out of five...or maybe a three point five...somewhere in that neighborhood.

07/06 -- U2

Last edited by adamclark52; 08-18-2014 at 01:30 AM.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:05 AM

Man, there is nothing worse than a kid with a high pitched voice sitting right next to the camera yelling "Let's go Cena!" the entire time. Other than that SummerSlam was a very fun show and probably the best so far this year.

Last edited by Christen; 08-18-2014 at 02:09 AM.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:30 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

I think you guys have encouraged me to check this out. I like hearing how Lesnar/Cena went down.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:52 AM
The infection has been removed, the soul of this machine has improved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
Man, there is nothing worse than a kid with a high pitched voice sitting right next to the camera yelling "Let's go Cena!" the entire time.
I was saying that the entire time! Driving me nuts!