Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Judas Priest -- Rochester, NY -- October 1st, 2014
Fleetwood Mac -- Minneapolis, MN -- September 30th, 2014
The Story So Far -- Lawrence, KS -- September 30th, 2014
Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014

Old 07-31-2014, 12:00 PM
I got jumped by 2 thugs... they told me my battery was dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Listening to the Talk Is Jericho podcast where its Jericho / Edge and Heyman talking and Heyman talks about how it was the only option for Lesner to do it and how when it happened Lesner grabbed Heyman and asked if he got hit hard because he couldn't hear and that was just because the place became dead silent.
Thanks for this! I downloaded parts 1 & 2 of this interview and it is AMAZING so far (just over halfway thru part 1). That stiory of Taker getting burnt by his pyro 3 times, then continuing his match and finishing it was just . Going to start downloading more of his episodes!

I downloaded Part 1 of Sting's interview on "The Ross Report" and its pretty good too! Lots of promoting and commercial type things though in the beginning. I'm new to podcasts, so I'm guessing thats how they're all ran?

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 07-31-2014, 12:50 PM
And now itís time to pull through. Something I must do with or without you.

Prince Devitt in NXT is official!

Also Cesaro and Cena work great together just like Punk and Cena.
Cesaro looked great in defeat got taken out by a Super FU.

Roman Reigns needs to learn more moves cuz his match with Del Rio showed how limited that foo is.

Woods is a greater talker cant wait til he gets to wrestle and show how underrated he is.

Also Stephanie is the new Vince, such a great heal.

"At SS imma make you my bitch!"
Tough Mudder-10/26
TGI/ETID-11/15
Old 07-31-2014, 01:52 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
Thanks for this! I downloaded parts 1 & 2 of this interview and it is AMAZING so far (just over halfway thru part 1). That stiory of Taker getting burnt by his pyro 3 times, then continuing his match and finishing it was just . Going to start downloading more of his episodes!

I downloaded Part 1 of Sting's interview on "The Ross Report" and its pretty good too! Lots of promoting and commercial type things though in the beginning. I'm new to podcasts, so I'm guessing thats how they're all ran?
Jerichos podcast has a shit ton of commercials since he does it for free while other ones such as the Roosterteeth podcast (which is amazing) only has an ad here or there. For Jerichos I usually just skip to the interview since thats the best part.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:34 PM

Xbox Live has been very buggy this week, so last night since I couldn't watch anything on there, I decided to turn on my TV and watch TNA Impact, just to see how it was.... and .... I am not trolling when I say that it was one of the best wrestling programs I have seen in a long time! RAW has had some great moments, yes, but as a whole, I just... wow. Every match was top notch.... here is a small review.....

Show started off with what I feel was the weakest point, and that was Dixie Carter and her group (Rhino, EC III, some little fairy, Snitsky, and Ezekiel Jackson, now known by his real name, Rycklon). She talked about ECW, it sucks, blah blah. Just looking for cheap heat. I can't stand her, and a lot of the boos sounded piped in.

FIrst match of the night I had very low expectations for, and that was the reunited Hardy Boyz taking on The Wolves. WHAT A MATCH! Matt sure has slowed down a bit, but the Wolves were able to pick up the slack and make the match top notch. They work as a great team, and to see them face a team with a bigger world wide name, it was great. Wolves won and bowed to the Hardy's after and they all shook hands. Great LEGIT respect.

Next was DJ Z vs Manik vs Low Ki, the first of three qualifying matches for the X-Division Title. It was GREAT. Low Ki is a great worker, Manik was fun, and DJ Z (whoever he may be...) was surprisingly entertaing! Low Ki won!

James Storm came out and cut a promo for Sailor Moon, aka Sanada (I'm sorry, but HE just looks so awkward), which lead to the third match, Sanada vs Brian Cage vs Crazzy Steve. I have no idea who Brian Cage was, he is a big guy, definitely the kind of look McMahon likes (big muscular, almost like Chris Masters, but more rough looking), but he could FLY around the ring. Almost like an in shape Vader! Springboard moonsaults, dives, he definitely didn't let his size hold him back! Crazzy Steve was just there, and Sanada ended up winning, leading to next weeks X Division title match consisting of Sanada, Low Ki, aaaaand..

Samoa Joe vs Tigre Uno vs Homicide for the third slot was next. Pretty good match, but it was obvious that Samoa Joe was going to pick up the victory. I don't think Homicide has been on for a while, at least when I watch he never is, so good to see him again. So next weeks triple threat match should be a solid competition, really hoping Low Ki takes the win, but I'm sure it'll be Sanada.

BTW, between that match and the previous one, the Dudley Boyz and Tommy Dreamer came out to cut a promo. Blah blah, ECW, we love being here, same old thing, but a good promo compared to most of the others TNA has been doing

The final match was for the TNA World Title which featured TNA Punk (Austin Aries) vs Black Lesnar (Bobby Lashley). I fell asleep before it, sorry .

Anywho! My interest in TNA has been restored after catching most of this episode!

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 08-01-2014, 02:50 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

I shit on TNA a lot. And one of the main reasons is because it can be so much better. There are some great talents there. But then they throw Dixie out there, put their belt on Booby Lashley and rehash stuff the WWE did fifteen years ago.

The bad is so damn bad that it outweighs the good tenfold.
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
Old 08-01-2014, 03:31 PM

Their X-Division and Tag Division (well... The Wolves) are what really saves their company. At least, thats what I caught from last nights episode.

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 08-01-2014, 04:02 PM
And now itís time to pull through. Something I must do with or without you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
Their X-Division and Tag Division (well... The Wolves) are what really saves their company. At least, thats what I caught from last nights episode.
That ep was Destination X (was a PPV before) ep so it was primarily focused on the X division. The usual Dixie crap and Bully Ray will continue afterwards.
Tough Mudder-10/26
TGI/ETID-11/15
Old 08-01-2014, 07:41 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

So in my (seemingly) never ending quest to relive the late 90s/early '00s years, I switched to the very 1st IYH. Oh my god. Dok really might be the worst heel announcer ever. Guess I haven't watched mid 90s WWF in awhile.

Edit :
And there's been a Justin Cred.... Uh Aldo Montoya sighting!!!!

And even worse they televised the Adam Bomb / Mabel KOTR 1:50 squash but the Owen/Bulldog qualifying match didn't even get released as extra on the VHS version.

And who could forget the uncomfortable segment where the WWF gives away a house on the PPV? Man I hate Todd Pettengill. Didn't that house get sold or foreclosed on or something?

Last edited by 300%_Density; 08-01-2014 at 08:20 PM.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:30 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
So in my (seemingly) never ending quest to relive the late 90s/early '00s years, I switched to the very 1st IYH. Oh my god. Dok really might be the worst heel announcer ever. Guess I haven't watched mid 90s WWF in awhile.

Edit :
And there's been a Justin Cred.... Uh Aldo Montoya sighting!!!!

And even worse they televised the Adam Bomb / Mabel KOTR 1:50 squash but the Owen/Bulldog qualifying match didn't even get released as extra on the VHS version.

And who could forget the uncomfortable segment where the WWF gives away a house on the PPV? Man I hate Todd Pettengill. Didn't that house get sold or foreclosed on or something?
I've been watching the DVD compilation that they released last year that was a "best of" In Your House. There were some good matches on those pay per views...but a lot of crap. The mid-1990's were not a good time for the WWE. And Todd Pettengill came back to do some commentary between matches and he was HILARIOUS. He threw a lot of jabs at the WWE product of the time and himself. I've only watched the first couple of hours but that was enough for me to recommend it. As bad as the WWE was in the mid-1990's I still really enjoy it.
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
Old 08-01-2014, 09:01 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
I've been watching the DVD compilation that they released last year that was a "best of" In Your House. There were some good matches on those pay per views...but a lot of crap. The mid-1990's were not a good time for the WWE. And Todd Pettengill came back to do some commentary between matches and he was HILARIOUS. He threw a lot of jabs at the WWE product of the time and himself. I've only watched the first couple of hours but that was enough for me to recommend it. As bad as the WWE was in the mid-1990's I still really enjoy it.
Ton of crap for sure. There's an HBK/Jarrett match that's on IYH 2/3 (?) that's almost 20 mins that's supposedly 4-5 star quality which I'm anxious to see. The Sid/Diesel main event ended up being a dq after a run in from... Tatanka (?) wtf? I also don't get why instead of disrupting the VHS flow, take off the "exclusive" coliseum video matches and just add them in the regular card instead of doing main event & then 2 matches nobody cares about.