Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Ne Obliviscaris -- Sydney, Australia -- November 27th, 2014
Mastodon -- Newcastle, England -- November 25th, 2014
Exodus -- West Springfield, VA -- November 25th, 2014
Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014

  #3741  
Old 07-24-2014, 01:27 AM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
with his arms outstretched
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 5,116
I think it looks like a good set. I still prefer full pay per views. I'm still crossing my fingers for a Halloween Havoc Anthology, but that'll have to wait for the Network to fail. Documentaries always bore me. I really don't care about how Stings life was. I want matches. So inter-splicing documentary with matches works better for me. But I would be happy with just matches. And the WWE glosses over too much in their documentaries for me these days. Like, would they even mention that he spent the better part of the last ten years in TNA? No. They'd just say there were things keeping Sting from the WWE and let that be that. I think I'll get it.
__________________
11/30 -- Devin Townsend
12/06 -- Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
12/27 -- Unearth
03/07 -- Video Games Live
Reply With Quote
  #3742  
Old 07-24-2014, 09:27 AM
dcmetal108's Avatar
dcmetal108 dcmetal108 is offline
Some People Call Me The White Devil
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,725
I LOVE wrestling documentaries but WWE only shows and tells what they want and NEVER goes into great detail really.
__________________
www.apocalypticdemise.com
Reply With Quote
  #3743  
Old 07-24-2014, 05:06 PM
XDoomsayerX's Avatar
XDoomsayerX XDoomsayerX is offline
Lifeís swinging hard but Iím swinging harder.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,535
Sting was at comic-con!
Reply With Quote
  #3744  
Old 07-25-2014, 02:42 PM
John The Drummer's Avatar
John The Drummer John The Drummer is offline
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 5,205
"Phoenix police said former wrestler Bryan Danielson, who goes by Daniel Bryan, and his wife [Brie Bella] were pulling into their carport in the Arcadia area about 7 p.m. on July 24 when two suspects dropped their loot and ran out of the house.

Phoenix police said they broke the back door to get into the house.

Danielson caught one of the suspects, 22-year-old Cesar Sosa, and was able to detain him until police officers could take him into the custody."

FIrst off, former wrestler????
Secondly, I wonder if he got the guy in the Yes Lock to detain him, taht would be SO AWESOME!
__________________
Dalla Nebbia
facebook.com/dallanebbiamusic

Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom
Reply With Quote
  #3745  
Old 07-25-2014, 03:24 PM
John The Drummer's Avatar
John The Drummer John The Drummer is offline
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 5,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
Sting was at comic-con!
I saw an interview with him saying that he used to laugh when he'd read "insider info" about how him and WWE are not on good terms, and how he kept in touch with Vince quite a bit but things just never worked out

He keeps saying that he really wants to wrestle and have matches, and his dream match is to be against the Undertaker, but he got super let down when the streak was broken. Think of that Sting vs The Streak. That build up would be amazing....
__________________
Dalla Nebbia
facebook.com/dallanebbiamusic

Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom
Reply With Quote
  #3746  
Old 07-25-2014, 03:37 PM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
Sting was at comic-con!
I don't get why the WWE comic-con panel wasn't streamed live on the network? Especially with Sting showing up. These are the kinds of things that need to be shown on it. They're acting like Sting working with the company isn't that big of a deal. Summerslam is their second biggest show of the year. Why didn't they make arrangements for Sting to wrestle his first WWE match on it? That would've got those membership numbers up, I assure you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
"Phoenix police said former wrestler Bryan Danielson, who goes by Daniel Bryan, and his wife [Brie Bella] were pulling into their carport in the Arcadia area about 7 p.m. on July 24 when two suspects dropped their loot and ran out of the house.

Phoenix police said they broke the back door to get into the house.

Danielson caught one of the suspects, 22-year-old Cesar Sosa, and was able to detain him until police officers could take him into the custody."

FIrst off, former wrestler????
Secondly, I wonder if he got the guy in the Yes Lock to detain him, taht would be SO AWESOME!
Well, he performs under the name Daniel Bryan now. So Bryan Danielson is a former wrestler

Maybe Brie put on a special performance for the robber to distract him until the cops got there? I doubt he was detained with a wrestling move though it would've been pretty cool if he was. Not that Bryan isn't a badass but could you image if a robber broke into the home of someone like Kane or The Big Show and got caught by them
Reply With Quote
  #3747  
Old 07-25-2014, 04:49 PM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is offline
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,645
According to an IGN interview, Sting is set for one more match and that's it. Hogan apparently played a big part in Sting signing for WWE and making the appearance at SDCC. Dude seems in good spirits and happy to be where he is, which is nice to nice. Most dudes his age in the business are off the deep-end at this stage.
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
  #3748  
Old 07-25-2014, 05:27 PM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
with his arms outstretched
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 5,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
According to an IGN interview, Sting is set for one more match and that's it. Hogan apparently played a big part in Sting signing for WWE and making the appearance at SDCC. Dude seems in good spirits and happy to be where he is, which is nice to nice. Most dudes his age in the business are off the deep-end at this stage.
The big difference between Sting and so many of his peers is while they're all washed up and broken down he still wrestled every week in TNA. And it decent matches too. He's six years older than the Undertaker. I could care a less but he could last a few years in the WWE as a regular (with a Jericho or RVD schedule).
__________________
11/30 -- Devin Townsend
12/06 -- Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
12/27 -- Unearth
03/07 -- Video Games Live
Reply With Quote
  #3749  
Old 07-25-2014, 06:11 PM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is offline
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
The big difference between Sting and so many of his peers is while they're all washed up and broken down he still wrestled every week in TNA. And it decent matches too. He's six years older than the Undertaker. I could care a less but he could last a few years in the WWE as a regular (with a Jericho or RVD schedule).
Yup, plus Sting took better care of himself with regards touring/partying etc. I think we might see Sting do a couple of years on and off, he just wants his 'Taker match at 'Mania first. I mean, that's the biggest stage in wrestling entertainment, and now that the streak isn't a thing anymore, it can be a proper fun match between two guys who've done basically everything else.
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
  #3750  
Old 07-25-2014, 07:59 PM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
with his arms outstretched
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 5,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Yup, plus Sting took better care of himself with regards touring/partying etc. I think we might see Sting do a couple of years on and off, he just wants his 'Taker match at 'Mania first. I mean, that's the biggest stage in wrestling entertainment, and now that the streak isn't a thing anymore, it can be a proper fun match between two guys who've done basically everything else.
Cant agree more. Sad thing though. After seeing how terrible the Undertaker looked at Wrestlemania XXX (and how infrequent he's wrestled in the last six years) and knowing that Sting wrestled as regular as anyone on the TNA roster I think Sting would make Undertaker look BAD. He'd still lose though. Then he'll get "the bug" and keep going. Unless it's a total disaster.

And hey; they're building Cena as the greatest of all-time. Sting would make a great notch in that belt.
__________________
11/30 -- Devin Townsend
12/06 -- Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
12/27 -- Unearth
03/07 -- Video Games Live
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:22 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008