Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Head Wound City -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 21st, 2014
After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Old 07-15-2014, 07:55 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

I guess it's good to put new guys over. But what's the point with Del Rio anymore?
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
Old 07-15-2014, 08:37 AM
I got jumped by 2 thugs... they told me my battery was dead.

That Sting trailer gave me chills. Hearing that music again!
Hopefully all the wrestling sites will stop running all the rumours now and just enjoy what has been officially released with him ... oh wait, no, now it'll be a constant "WHAT WAS IN STINGS CONTRACT!?!?!?" Just be happy that he has some form of contract and is in some way involved in WWE.

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 07-15-2014, 02:24 PM
I got jumped by 2 thugs... they told me my battery was dead.

Pretty nice little short read!

Quote:
Sting is featured in an interview with the UK Mirror that focuses on the big WWE 2K15 announcement this Monday, and his plans going forward with the company. The interview also indicates that it was Triple H who Sting had been in contact with over the past few months, and that he is “open” to appearing on Monday Night Raw, and wants to work another match, although nothing has been set in stone as of now.

In answer to all the fans asking “why now?”:

“Why now? It’s a now or never thing. I’ve done so many things in the wrestling business but the one thing I’d never done was wrestle or be a part of the WWE family. I didn’t want too hang it all up and retire and disappear again without having done that in some capacity.”

Having that “one last match” at WrestleMania:

“I’ve made it clear I’d love to have one last hurrah, one last big match hopefully. And of course I’ve been outspoken about Undertaker being the opponent. I know what happened at Wrestlemania where Brock Lesnar broke his streak. I think, or at least I’m hoping, that Taker’s still going to come back and that he’s not done. If he’s not done, and he would consider doing it, I’d love to work with him one time. I’d love to wrestle him one time before I call it quits.”

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 07-17-2014, 07:01 AM
The infection has been removed, the soul of this machine has improved!

The recent WWE budget cut has been giving the crew some problems on the road, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

The WWE production crew used get access to a bus on Mondays and Tuesdays, and Sunday to Monday on pay-per-view weeks. After dismantling the set around 1 am, they would sleep on location and drive to the next arena the following day to set up the next show.

Now, after the introduction of a $20 million budget cut, the bus has been taken away, so the crew now has to drive to the next city, cutting into the amount of hours they get to sleep. In addition, they could also take naps and catch up on rest after the stage and arena was set up, but this is no longer the case.

Reports now say the change is so exhausting on the crew that there’s a feeling a lot of the workers will start looking for work somewhere else.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maideneer View Post
The recent WWE budget cut has been giving the crew some problems on the road, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

The WWE production crew used get access to a bus on Mondays and Tuesdays, and Sunday to Monday on pay-per-view weeks. After dismantling the set around 1 am, they would sleep on location and drive to the next arena the following day to set up the next show.

Now, after the introduction of a $20 million budget cut, the bus has been taken away, so the crew now has to drive to the next city, cutting into the amount of hours they get to sleep. In addition, they could also take naps and catch up on rest after the stage and arena was set up, but this is no longer the case.

Reports now say the change is so exhausting on the crew that there’s a feeling a lot of the workers will start looking for work somewhere else.
I read that last night too. That is complete bullshit and a total dick move on the WWEs part. The "unimportant" people get to suffer while Batista gets seven figures. I hope every last one of their production staff quits on the motherfuckers and Kevin Dunn has to start hanging lights. But they won't, which pisses me off even more.
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Old 07-17-2014, 07:53 AM

What bothers me is things like WWE Studios exists while I see stories like this. Can that entity possibly make $ for them? Who among any of us has run out to that Halle Berry movie or The Marine 4?

David Otunga is still being paid too as are other completely useless people and ventures.

I have to imagine that frustration and dysfunction is big among the WWE rank and file staff. I tried to get a job at WWE for over a year when I was unemployed, I was willing to do the NY-> CT commute because it was a place and product I believed in, but then I came to understand I wouldn't get paid at all, I would be doing shit jobs and probably the work of 3 or 4 people because it just looks like a place that piles everything on you and you would never have a life...they think you should work 24/7 for them. Plus, it was impossible to get an interview, I never got one, I'm sure you have to know someone even for the stupidest job. I made LinkedIn contacts, I wrote them an actual hand-written letter/resume to show I was different and unique and willing to do the uncommon, I did it all...nothing.

This company isn't in a good place right now, and they come off as really vengeful to their people.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:32 AM
Concert Veteran

Cutting money in this manner isn't gonna help them. They're set to lose something like 40-50 million dollars this year because of the network launch. I don't see the point in cutting the expenses with the production crew since they're still in a massive financial hole weather they do it or not. The only way they're going to make up the money is to speed up on making the network available outside of the US. They'll definitely reach their goal of one million subscribers once that happens since they've already got about 700,000 in the US alone. If they made it available in Canada when it launched they probably would've gotten a million subscribers right off the bat.

I think for a brand new unproven streaming network to get that many subscribers within it's first six months is great. It shows it's on it's way to possibly being something special. Vince needs to realise that having Cole, King and JBL telling us to get the network 20 times on Raw isn't gonna convince people to get it. The network needs to show it has some legs to it and will last. People are sometimes hesitant to jump on board when something is new. I don't know how many people joined netflix when it first started but their membership is huge now. If the network can last and there's no issues with it going worldwide the money will come and it will be one of the most successful things the WWE have ever done. It just won't happen overnight and if Vince is a good business man he should know this. Shoving it down people's throats on every Raw and Smackdown isn't gonna convince people. It might actually turn them off.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:42 AM

They are a midsize business that still operates with a small-to-midsize mentality staff wise, at least on the back end which sometimes seeps into the front end for all to see.

I used to work for an entertainment company like this actually. Believe it or not, we used to distribute WWE's CD's to retail funny enough because they were signed to our label.

Anyway, the mentality is "one department takes a hit, you all have to take a hit" - whether it makes sense or not. It was awful to deal with because it wasn't logical and you were constantly fearful of your job, absolutely no way to run things.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:20 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

I read thison making the network better. Some make sense & some don't.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:27 AM

It's a tale all too common in big business. How many times have any of us seen our co-workers laid-off (leaving their workload on the employees that remain) and then hear about the CEO's getting fat bonuses later that year?

I hope it fucking backfires on the WWE big time. I hope those poor workers are so exhausted in a few weeks that the goddamn Raw stage comes right down on someone named the Miz.

Oh, and I can't remember where I read it but the Sting ad last Monday apparently cost the WWE two hundred thousand dollars to produce. So we're all glad Sting is back but what is more relevant?
11/30 - Devin Townsend