Dillinger Escape Plan -- Brooklyn, NY -- July 31st, 2014
Cannibal Corpse -- South Burlington, VT -- July 28th, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Camden, NJ -- July 30th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991

Old 05-26-2014, 09:25 AM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
The thing is the WWE has to make money and the only way they can do that is to have storylines and big personalities to get people interested. If the guys can go in the ring then that's just an added bonus. I love watching guys having a great match in the ring for no reason but the business has always been built on larger than life personas to get people to watch. As for ridiculous storylines, this is pro wrestling, what else do you expect?

Yeah, the US and IC title designs are good but the rest, especially the awful tag titles need a new look. For the world title they need to keep the big gold belt and toss the other cartoon looking one. While it's not the exact same design, that belt still has a lot of lineage because you think of guys like Flair and Sting who carried the belt. You also think of some of the great WWE guys who have held it like Triple H, Edge and Undertaker. To me, that's goes a long way in making a title important when you can look at the belt and remember all the legendary guys who've held it.
Well yeah, they have to have good stories, but some of the shit the writers come up with is garbage, stupid, and sometimes flat out offensive. There are many promotions in Japan that aren't that colorful with the story lines and still get good audiences because they treat their matches like legit fights like in MMA or Boxing. Believe me, when the wrestling gets good, the story lines will take a backseat. Even the children and women who don't know what the hell is up will eat it up, and the whole "wrestling is fake" talk will slowly fade. I have many friends that hate pro wrestling because of how cheesy and fake it is, but I show them one PWG, DragonGate, Evolve, NJPW, or NOAH match and they lose their shit. If WWE upped their talent, their in ring action, and treated their matches like legit contests their cred will be through the roof. Throw in some good story lines and boom! Perfection. But Vince is too busy with his body builders, and models, and midgets so whatever.

As far as the belt stuff, I agree 100%! Don't forget the Divas trampstamp looking belt. That's just degrading.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:38 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

I'd keep the World Heavyweight title over the WWE one. Even back in the glory days the WWF belt wasn't very impressive, whereas the WCW belt looked like a championship belt.

But didn't they spend some ridiculous amount on the new WWE belt? Don't expect that to go away anytime soon. And hey, at least the thing doesn't spin.
10/18 -- King Diamond
11/01 -- Suffocation
Old 05-26-2014, 01:53 PM
D.B.B.

WCW had the best belt designs from that era. Every belt design was great. Their United States belt still remains my favorite design of any mainstream promotion (the current IC is second) and their tag titles were beautiful!
Old 05-26-2014, 07:40 PM
The infection has been removed, the soul of this machine has improved!

Just filmed this sucker off my tv, it was too good to not post.

Old 05-26-2014, 11:44 PM
I'm reaching out for something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
Well yeah, they have to have good stories, but some of the shit the writers come up with is garbage, stupid, and sometimes flat out offensive. There are many promotions in Japan that aren't that colorful with the story lines and still get good audiences because they treat their matches like legit fights like in MMA or Boxing. Believe me, when the wrestling gets good, the story lines will take a backseat. Even the children and women who don't know what the hell is up will eat it up, and the whole "wrestling is fake" talk will slowly fade. I have many friends that hate pro wrestling because of how cheesy and fake it is, but I show them one PWG, DragonGate, Evolve, NJPW, or NOAH match and they lose their shit. If WWE upped their talent, their in ring action, and treated their matches like legit contests their cred will be through the roof. Throw in some good story lines and boom! Perfection. But Vince is too busy with his body builders, and models, and midgets so whatever.

As far as the belt stuff, I agree 100%! Don't forget the Divas trampstamp looking belt. That's just degrading.
Agree cuz UFC has shit promos and their tale of the tape is usually boring. Storylines have to exist but just do them right. I'm not against comedy in wrestling wither but cmon we dont need to see Hornswoggle vs El Torito in hair vs mask match.

That being said, Payback looks like a solid card. Sheamus vs Cesaro should be given 15mins at least so they can put on a clinic.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:05 AM
D.B.B.

El Torito is actually pretty cool to be honest. Way better than Los Matadores.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:33 AM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

Alicia Fox's new character is LULZ beyond LULZ. Absolute gold, probably won't last very long, but jesus christ,

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 05-27-2014, 09:54 AM

ANd other random things I noticed while watching RAW...

- Zack Ryder is pretty good in the ring, even if its a squash match against Rusev.
- Big E vs Rusev could make a good powerhouse rivalry, probably not too entertaining, but still good.
- Bo Dallas is a goofball, I hope he is able to get more heat from the crowd and hope his gimmick works in the "major league". If anything just have him join the Wyatt family... never realized how much him and Bray look alike (yes I know, they're brothers)
- Adam Rose is great, its sad he will probably just be another Zack Ryder/Sin Cara/3MB/etc, but hes fun to watch.

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 05-27-2014, 10:33 AM

ONE MORE TING

I feel bad for Damien Sandow... playing stupid characters now Such a waste.

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 05-27-2014, 05:57 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

WWE losing a lot of $ in 2014
Wow. Only WCW in 2000 (yuck) lost more in a year previously.