Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Motley Crue -- Atlanta, GA -- August 30th, 2015
Kid Rock -- Mountain View, CA -- August 30th, 2015
Riot V -- Westland, MI -- August 29th, 2015
Saxon -- Golden, CO -- August 30th, 2015
Evergrey -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 29th, 2015

  #3371  
Old 05-21-2014, 07:32 PM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
Not in the immediate future, but money does run out.

I always say, if Sable can come back ANYONE can come back.
Yeah, money does run out but Punk is one of the fortunate wrestlers who hasn't spent most of what he's made on drugs, booze and surgeries. He's still one of the top merchandise sellers for the WWE. The guy is still making money and probably has a lot saved up. I think that contract he signed in 2011 was very lucrative for him, so I don't believe money is an issue for Punk. If he does come back it will be something like what RVD does with 6 months on then 6 months off. From the things i've read, it seemed he was just too banged up and it was making him miserable. I'm not sure if he ever wants to put himself through that again even with a limited schedule.
Reply With Quote
  #3372  
Old 05-21-2014, 08:27 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 20,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Yeah, money does run out but Punk is one of the fortunate wrestlers who hasn't spent most of what he's made on drugs, booze and surgeries. He's still one of the top merchandise sellers for the WWE. The guy is still making money and probably has a lot saved up. I think that contract he signed in 2011 was very lucrative for him, so I don't believe money is an issue for Punk. If he does come back it will be something like what RVD does with 6 months on then 6 months off. From the things i've read, it seemed he was just too banged up and it was making him miserable. I'm not sure if he ever wants to put himself through that again even with a limited schedule.

Actually no he's not. I heard on Steve Austin's podcast that if you walk out like that you stop getting royalty checks.
__________________
You know its true, bunny rabbits we have got lovely little fluffy bottoms. We do. That's why people often mistake us for Danny Devito.
Reply With Quote
  #3373  
Old 05-22-2014, 05:05 AM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Actually no he's not. I heard on Steve Austin's podcast that if you walk out like that you stop getting royalty checks.
Maybe it was different when Austin walked out. We don't know the circumstances behind why Punk left. He could've reached some agreement with Vince and he's now just sitting out the rest of his contract which expires this summer. There's a reason Punk has been keeping so quiet on this and I think it's because he's still under contract to the company. I believe he's just waiting for it to run out and then he'll finally say something on why he left.
Reply With Quote
  #3374  
Old 05-22-2014, 09:47 AM
XDoomsayerX's Avatar
XDoomsayerX XDoomsayerX is offline
Leave this life behind and take the next step in the right direction.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Maybe it was different when Austin walked out. We don't know the circumstances behind why Punk left. He could've reached some agreement with Vince and he's now just sitting out the rest of his contract which expires this summer. There's a reason Punk has been keeping so quiet on this and I think it's because he's still under contract to the company. I believe he's just waiting for it to run out and then he'll finally say something on why he left.
That's what I'm most interested in right now, his side of the story.
__________________
Slipknot/LoG?- 8/29
Knuckle Puck? - 10/29
The Wonder Years? - 11/6
PUP? - 11/13
The Front Bottoms?- 11/14
Reply With Quote
  #3375  
Old 05-22-2014, 12:53 PM
John The Drummer's Avatar
John The Drummer John The Drummer is offline
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,335
Looks like TNA has their own version of Evolution now.... OOPS SPOILER ALERT


MVP, Bobby Lashley, and some dude named Kenny King. MVP is the Triple H since I guess he plays the role as partial owner or something, Lashley is Batista because he came back and is the powerhouse, and no idea who King is. I really wish TNA would go back to how they were years ago when it was fresh and original.
__________________
Dalla Nebbia
facebook.com/dallanebbiamusic

Funeral Age
funeralage.com

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom
Reply With Quote
  #3376  
Old 05-22-2014, 01:43 PM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
no idea who King is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q29rt5iMc7I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giDivf3vKSM
Reply With Quote
  #3377  
Old 05-22-2014, 02:13 PM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
with his arms outstretched
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 7,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
Looks like TNA has their own version of Evolution now.... OOPS SPOILER ALERT


MVP, Bobby Lashley, and some dude named Kenny King. MVP is the Triple H since I guess he plays the role as partial owner or something, Lashley is Batista because he came back and is the powerhouse, and no idea who King is. I really wish TNA would go back to how they were years ago when it was fresh and original.
(sigh), isn't Dixie Carter playing Stephanie, Eric Young playing D-Bry and there version of the Wyatts there too?

I'd hate to be Eric Young, knowing that he has to break his neck and forfeit the title in a few weeks.
__________________
09/19 -- Godflesh
09/25-26 -- Godspeed You! Black Emperor
10/03 -- Origin
10/04 -- Black Dahlia Murder
10/16 -- Negura Bunget
11/01 -- Deafheaven
Reply With Quote
  #3378  
Old 05-22-2014, 02:33 PM
dcmetal108's Avatar
dcmetal108 dcmetal108 is offline
Some People Call Me The White Devil
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 8,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
(sigh), isn't Dixie Carter playing Stephanie, Eric Young playing D-Bry and there version of the Wyatts there too?

I'd hate to be Eric Young, knowing that he has to break his neck and forfeit the title in a few weeks.
Can Samoa Joe be Big Show?

And AJ Styles be CM Punk since he isn't there anymore and stuff?

And Christopher Daniels be Christian since they don't use him and the crowd doesn't care?
__________________
www.apocalypticdemise.com
Reply With Quote
  #3379  
Old 05-22-2014, 04:22 PM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
with his arms outstretched
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 7,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Can Samoa Joe be Big Show?

And AJ Styles be CM Punk since he isn't there anymore and stuff?

And Christopher Daniels be Christian since they don't use him and the crowd doesn't care?
I heard Daniels is gone. Him, and AJ Styles are in ROH and Kazarian isn't far behind.
__________________
09/19 -- Godflesh
09/25-26 -- Godspeed You! Black Emperor
10/03 -- Origin
10/04 -- Black Dahlia Murder
10/16 -- Negura Bunget
11/01 -- Deafheaven
Reply With Quote
  #3380  
Old 05-22-2014, 04:31 PM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,586
Yeah, Daniels and Kaz are gone and will be going back to ROH soon. AJ Styles is now the IWGP world champion in New Japan pro wrestling. So, he leaves TNA and wins the biggest title of his career which should come as no surprise to anybody. I read an interview with Styles where he said the indy shows he was doing in America were drawing more people than the shows in TNA before he left. He said the indy shows really promoted him and it helped bring the people in. I guess TNA really did have a big draw in him and they just didn't know it. TNA is just not the same company without him and they won't survive much longer if they keep going on the path they are now.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:16 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008