Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Skid Row -- Toronto, ON -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014

  #3321  
Old 05-15-2014, 04:19 PM
rjturtle9's Avatar
rjturtle9 rjturtle9 is offline
D.B.B.
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 3,737
WWE has been using their independent talent a lot better than in the past years. Daniel Bryan and CM Punk come to mind right away but look how well guys like Cesaro, Rollins, Ambrose, and Harper are doing. The crowd loves them and they put on the best matches. Then have a look at NXT. Neville, Zayn, Crow, Kalisto... All are getting huge very quick. WWE is signing more independent talent and they are using them a hell of a lot better than most of their own made stars.

Oh and don't forget JOJO and Paige!
__________________
"Bleach is healthy. It's mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach." - Nathan Explosion
Reply With Quote
  #3322  
Old 05-15-2014, 04:27 PM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
Yeah, I don't see them going too far with WWE, sadly. They bring in big names from the indies/international circuits, but then don't know how to book them in order to please the crowd on a more major scale.... I know they do well with some guys, but it seems that they just aren't sure how to book them if they aren't a 350 all muscle greased up guy going by the name Jimmy Jimmerson.
Hey, Jimmy Jimmerson can do a hell of a press slam.
__________________
08/23 - Alice in Chains
09/19 - Deafheaven
09/26 - Belphegor
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Reply With Quote
  #3323  
Old 05-15-2014, 04:30 PM
John The Drummer's Avatar
John The Drummer John The Drummer is offline
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
WWE has been using their independent talent a lot better than in the past years. Daniel Bryan and CM Punk come to mind right away but look how well guys like Cesaro, Rollins, Ambrose, and Harper are doing. The crowd loves them and they put on the best matches. Then have a look at NXT. Neville, Zayn, Crow, Kalisto... All are getting huge very quick. WWE is signing more independent talent and they are using them a hell of a lot better than most of their own made stars.

Oh and don't forget JOJO and Paige!
Hmm good point . Maybe I'm just thinking of the Japanese wrestlers then? They bring them in, give 'em a quick run around, then down to the bottom of the barrel.
__________________
- Dalla Nebbia
facebook.com/dallanebbiamusic
dallanebbia.bandcamp.com

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Reply With Quote
  #3324  
Old 05-15-2014, 04:38 PM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
So it appears as though Kenta and Prince Devitt are going to WWE. This excites me so much. If you don't know who either are, head to YouTube now!
Can you recommend any matches in particular? I've heard the names before but have never seen them wrestle.
Reply With Quote
  #3325  
Old 05-15-2014, 04:38 PM
BloodoftheKings's Avatar
BloodoftheKings BloodoftheKings is offline
Rats off to ya
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Strong Island
Posts: 5,936
That would be pretty sad if wwe buried KENTA considering two of their biggest stars in recent years have been using his finishers.
Reply With Quote
  #3326  
Old 05-15-2014, 04:40 PM
BloodoftheKings's Avatar
BloodoftheKings BloodoftheKings is offline
Rats off to ya
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Strong Island
Posts: 5,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Can you recommend any matches in particular? I've heard the names before but have never seen them wrestle.
Prince Devitt has a great match with Adrian Neville.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bETS1BadXYw
Reply With Quote
  #3327  
Old 05-15-2014, 09:17 PM
rjturtle9's Avatar
rjturtle9 rjturtle9 is offline
D.B.B.
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 3,737
Here's one you all might be interested in seeing.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2MlbBwzy67s
__________________
"Bleach is healthy. It's mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach." - Nathan Explosion
Reply With Quote
  #3328  
Old 05-15-2014, 09:55 PM
XDoomsayerX XDoomsayerX is offline
I'm reaching out for something else.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
WWE has been using their independent talent a lot better than in the past years. Daniel Bryan and CM Punk come to mind right away but look how well guys like Cesaro, Rollins, Ambrose, and Harper are doing. The crowd loves them and they put on the best matches. Then have a look at NXT. Neville, Zayn, Crow, Kalisto... All are getting huge very quick. WWE is signing more independent talent and they are using them a hell of a lot better than most of their own made stars.

Oh and don't forget JOJO and Paige!
Thank you turtle! Was gonna say you guys be crazy they use indy talent way better now especially since the addition of NXT which is meant to showcase wrestling.

I'm excited for the addition of Kenta and Prince Devitt and see them put on clinics on NXT at the very least.
__________________
Senses Fail-10/3
Mastojira-10/17
TWY/TSSF-10/19
Tough Mudder-10/26
Real Friends/Neck Deep?-11/7
Reply With Quote
  #3329  
Old 05-16-2014, 05:10 AM
rjturtle9's Avatar
rjturtle9 rjturtle9 is offline
D.B.B.
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 3,737
I'm pretty sure sooner or later they're gonna get rid of the training center and just sign Indy guys. Not saying that their made guys aren't good, because they are getting better, but the Indy guys just come in, show everybody up, get pushed on their own based on in ring work, and take over. WWE spends more time braking in Indy guys to conform to WWE's style of wrestling then they do building their own talent from scratch. They should just let the Indy stars wrestle to their full capabilities. Then the WWE would be unfuckwitable.
__________________
"Bleach is healthy. It's mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach." - Nathan Explosion
Reply With Quote
  #3330  
Old 05-16-2014, 05:36 AM
dcmetal108's Avatar
dcmetal108 dcmetal108 is offline
Some People Call Me The White Devil
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
I'm pretty sure sooner or later they're gonna get rid of the training center and just sign Indy guys. Not saying that their made guys aren't good, because they are getting better, but the Indy guys just come in, show everybody up, get pushed on their own based on in ring work, and take over. WWE spends more time braking in Indy guys to conform to WWE's style of wrestling then they do building their own talent from scratch. They should just let the Indy stars wrestle to their full capabilities. Then the WWE would be unfuckwitable.
The problem is that WWE doesn't any let new, innovative, or crazy move sets happen too often.
__________________
www.apocalypticdemise.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:02 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008